PDA

View Full Version : Aron Ralston to speak at the U

Don
09-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Aron Ralston, author of Between a Rock and a Hard Place will speak tomorrow (Sept. 4) at the University of Utah.
From the U site (http://www.alumni.utah.edu/u-news/september08/?display=ralston.html):
Tickets are $10 and include a SUWA Membership.This is a benefit for the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance and its efforts to preserve the outstanding wilderness at the heart of the Colorado Plateau: 8 p.m., University of Utah, Orson Spencer Hall Auditorium.

Anyone planning to attend? I will be there with Cody.

Jaxx
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Tickets are $10 and include a SUWA Membership.This is a benefit for the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance and its efforts to preserve the outstanding wilderness at the heart of the Colo

bummer, I would have liked to go.

Don
09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Tickets are $10 and include a SUWA Membership.This is a benefit for the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance and its efforts to preserve the outstanding wilderness at the heart of the Colo

bummer, I would have liked to go.

That almost sounds like your not going because it's a SUWA event. :ne_nau:

Jaxx
09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
That is the reason. SUWA **shiver**

Don
09-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Really? Not to hijack my own thread, but whats your SUWA concern?

Jaxx
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM

Everything really. If they were really in it for protecting land like alot of their members they wouldn't be so bad. But their true colors show through everytime they pass up on protecting some land instead of all the land they want.
I have enough extremism in my life, I'm mormon.

Don
09-03-2008, 12:53 PM

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

James_B_Wads2000
09-03-2008, 02:47 PM

Damn Jaxx that is funny. :haha:

But if you haven

Sombeech
09-03-2008, 03:08 PM
:lol8: So that's how they get their membership numbers... throwing in a complimentary sign up with every event.

stefan
09-03-2008, 04:53 PM

Everything really. If they were really in it for protecting land like alot of their members they wouldn't be so bad. But their true colors show through everytime they pass up on protecting some land instead of all the land they want.

first of all, suwa IS in it to protect the land and your claim is false.

second of all, please direct all suwa discussion and debate to the environmental section where there are about 100+ threads devoted to this epic topic.
thank you

Jaxx
09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
first of all, suwa IS in it to protect the land and your claim is false.

Oh ok thanks for clearing it up for me.

second of all, please direct all suwa discussion and debate to the environmental section where there are about 100+ threads devoted to this epic topic.
thank you

last post on it in the canyoneering section, I swear.

Don
09-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Cody and I did go to this tonight. It was kinda SUWA preachy, but I'm for that so of course it didn't bother me. (I got a new protect wild utah bumper sticker!)
Aron told his story and talked about preserving nature. Afterward he signed books and talked with people. All the books sold at this event had been donated by Aron to SUWA so the proceeds went directly to SUWA. Which I thought was pretty cool of him to do.

Then I went to the bar, which is why I'm posting at 2 in the morning. Goodnight Bogley.

abirken
09-05-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm jealous! Wish I could have gone. May have to check his schedule and see when he is speaking again. :2thumbs:

accadacca
09-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the report. I would have liked to see him too.

ExpUt
09-06-2008, 11:11 PM
...bummer, I would have liked to go.

Ditto!