PDA

View Full Version : The Grand Mesa

Scout Master
08-31-2008, 11:27 AM
While out on a 6-day 1500 mile Gumball run, I took a few hours to enjoy one on my most favorite places in Colorado, The Grand Mesa. The Grand Mesa is known as the 'largest flattop mountain in the world. It is something like 54 miles long and stands 10,000 feet above sea level. Besides hiking and geocaching, Canoeing is another one of my passions. So with a friend we combined all three. Here are a few pics of our adventure

Udink
08-31-2008, 12:58 PM
Awesome, looks like a lot of fun! I love caches where you have to canoe/swim out to find them. :nod:

DiscGo
08-31-2008, 01:23 PM
I also love caches where you have to cross water to get them. This day looks like it couldn't be better!

Mooseman70
09-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Props, Matty! Some very nice scenery, and some 'caches to boot! :2thumbs:

abirken
09-10-2008, 10:21 PM
These pics are gorgeous! And like you, one of my most favorite places in all of Colorado. I've been up to stay in the cabins several times, at different times of year. Each time of year, beautiful for it's own reason. Leaves in the Fall are so colorful. The wildflowers are JUST INSANE as well as the lakes. Glad you guys had a stellar time on the flat tops!
BTW: I'd love my youngest son to meet you just to see his reaction to your santa-like appearance. :nod: :2thumbs: