PDA

View Full Version : Let's organize a gentlemen's trip to Australia

basilone0331
08-30-2008, 09:52 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7589382.stm

Australia suffering 'man drought'
By Phil Mercer
BBC News, Sydney

An analysis of new census figures has shown that Australia is suffering from an unprecedented "man drought".

The statistics have revealed that there are almost 100,000 more females than males in Australia.

The problem is worse in the coastal cities, where women have moved seeking better jobs and lifestyles, while many men have gone overseas.

Thirty years ago Australia was with flush with men thanks to immigration policies that favoured males.

That position has been reversed because thousands of Australian men in their 20s and early 30s have gone overseas either to travel or to work.

It has caused a gender imbalance that is having far-reaching implications.

Town and country

Major cities in Australia now have concentrated groups of unattached women, along with dwindling numbers of the opposite sex.

Demographer Bernard Salt says the exodus of young men to foreign countries is leaving its mark.

"If you go into the United Arab Emirates census you'll find there is around 12,000 Australians living in Dubai, mostly male, mostly in the 25 to 34-year age group.

"Here is an example of one country that has drawn out a specific age demographic out of Australia which has contributed to the 'man drought'."

But the situation outside of the larger towns and cities is very different.

Vast numbers of women have abandoned the countryside seeking better jobs or education in metropolitan areas. They have left behind communities overloaded with younger males.

In the town of Glenden in the northern state of Queensland there is one single female for every 23 men.

Demographers have compiled a so-called "Love Map" that shows how the various clusters of unattached men and women are distributed across the Australian continent.

I'm starting to save up now.:haha:

RedMan
09-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Australian women love American men. We treat them better than the Ausies do.

moabfool
09-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Chicks (I mean intelligent female role-models) with Aussie accents are HAWT!

:slobber:

KapitanSparrow
09-19-2008, 06:42 AM

Supermodels from down under ar hottt tooo! But reportedly the most beautiful women come from Venezuela.

moabfool
09-19-2008, 06:58 AM

Supermodels from down under ar hottt tooo! But reportedly the most beautiful women come from Venezuela.

I've met some Brazillians that I wouldn't kick out of bed for spilling bread crumbs. Aussie accent still wins in my book.

BTW, how many is a Brazillian? :ne_nau: :haha:

The ACDC-types probably shouldn't watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW898iW5Vsg&feature=related

bbennett
09-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Australian women love American men. We treat them better than the Ausies do.

Believe it or not, this is very true. I've been to Australia and found the local ladies to be exceptionally friendly :naughty:

Don
09-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Went out with a Brazilian once. She was C-R-A-Z-Y! Oh, she had her moments, crazy can be good. If she could keep the crazy in bed where it belongs we would still be together, but she was crazy everywhere. Crazy.
They have some cool canyoneering in Australia right? I really want to move to Australia now. Wonder how much it would cost to ship my jeep down there...

KapitanSparrow
09-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Hmmmmm, a Brazilian :slobber:

Don
09-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Found another reason to move down under.

[quote=MSNBC.com]'Chemical equator' dividing globe is found
30-mile wide atmospheric line divides polluted north and cleaner south
MSNBC staff and news service reports
updated 9:50 a.m. MT, Tues., Sept. 23, 2008
Scientists have discovered a "chemical equator" that divides the polluted air of the Northern Hemisphere from the largely uncontaminated atmosphere of the Southern Hemisphere.

Researchers found evidence for an atmospheric chemical line about 30 miles wide in cloudless skies in the Western Pacific, with levels of carbon monoxide four times higher on the northern side.

The discovery will provide clues to help scientists model simulations of the movement of pollutants in the atmosphere more accurately, and to assess the impact of pollution on climate, the researchers said in a statement on Tuesday.

Previously, scientists believed that a cloudy Pacific region where the trade winds meet formed the boundary between the polluted air of the Northern Hemisphere and the clearer air of the Southern Hemisphere.

"The shallow waters of the Western Pacific, known as the Tropical Warm Pool, have some of highest sea surface temperatures in the world, which result in the region's weather being dominated by storm systems," noted Jacqueline Hamilton, a University of York researcher and lead author of a report to be published in the Journal of Geophysical Research

JP
09-23-2008, 04:12 PM
When we leaving :haha:

greyhair biker
09-23-2008, 06:19 PM
here's a very nice aussie...pro MTB racer, Niki Gudex

JP
09-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Knock it off or a Board Nazi is going to deem this thread Unconstigeneraldiscussionable :haha: and to the toilet it goes :lol8: God forbid bathing suits are put in full view :roflol:

Nice pic though, so when are we leaving :naughty:

greyhair biker
09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Knock it off or a Board Nazi is going to deem this thread Unconstigeneraldiscussionable :haha: and to the toilet it goes :lol8: God forbid bathing suits are put in full view :roflol:

Nice pic though, so when are we leaving :naughty:
....sorry, I was busy drooling there...
Australia is a friggin expensive trip mate! I would love to go, got friends just outside of Melbourne been trying to get me to go for years but I keep buying expensive bikes for some reason :ne_nau:

JP
09-23-2008, 08:00 PM
been trying to get me to go for years but I keep buying expensive bikes for some reason :ne_nau:
It's all about prioritizing :lol8:

moabfool
09-24-2008, 07:47 AM
been trying to get me to go for years but I keep buying expensive bikes for some reason :ne_nau:
It's all about prioritizing :lol8:

:2thumbs: I remember being a destitue college student. I had managed to scrape about $150 together and I was going to buy a shock fork for my mtn bike which, at the time, was full rigid.

Right about that time Phantom of the Opera was making a run through SLC. Well, this girl that I was interested in told me that she thought I should take her to the play. Tickets were just over $50 each, and if dinner was added in it would've just about drained the shock fund. She "sweetened" the deal by telling me that if I took her she'd give me a good night kiss. :feelgood:

I replaced the shock (whole bike really) last summer. :ride:

KapitanSparrow
09-24-2008, 08:36 AM
She "sweetened" the deal by telling me that if I took her she'd give me a good night kiss. :feelgood:

Did you score? Sorry for being so upfront but I need to know to decide if the shock was worth waiting for, heh.

devo_stevo
09-24-2008, 08:54 AM
So is this lack of CO that Don speaks of due to the giant hole in the ozone layer above Australia? Just wondering if that's letting it all out. :ne_nau:

moabfool
09-24-2008, 11:22 AM
She "sweetened" the deal by telling me that if I took her she'd give me a good night kiss. :feelgood:

Did you score? Sorry for being so upfront but I need to know to decide if the shock was worth waiting for, heh.

To date I've seen Phantom of the Opera one time, in Los Angeles at least two years before I ever bought that bike and four years before I met the girl. I got way more enjoyment out of that shock than I ever would have out of one lousy good-night kiss. As an added bonus, that shock didn't get one bit jealous when I replaced it because it got old and worn-out.