PDA

View Full Version : Did Teton's Last week

climbinghalfdome
08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I guess for lack of posters I'll give a ruff TR for last week.
My dentist and I loaded the geo metro and blitzed it to the Tetons the Friday before last. His skill wasn't awesome but good enough to be called a beginner.
We left the car @ 9pm and arrived at the lower saddle @ 2am. The full moon was nice and we didn't even turn on out head lamps. (I hadn't counted on moving so fast because we weren't in great shape). We had some time to kill because we didn't want to climb the Belly roll and Crawl in the dark. After a 2 hour exploration of the North side of the Middle we headed up to the Upper Saddle between the Enclosure and the Grand.
We were the frist to summit that Friday and it was 8 am when we did so.
After the rappells we ran to the car to hit the stop watch at 15 hours, 45 minutes. That beat my previous time of 18 hours 20 minutes.
I'm sure glad for long drive home because I was SORE for the next 2 days. I think he had a fun time and I enjoyed the excuse to get back into the Range even if it was for just a few hours.
Total round trip distance from Kanab Utah....1200 miles and the Metro got 53 MPG coming home. Total Gas bill.....$75
No complaints
Kevin in Kanab

jumar
08-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Awesome time. I haven't tried in one day, just two. Don't think I could do it anymore. LOL