PDA

View Full Version : Utah Caves Blog

jumar
08-25-2008, 09:34 AM
A buddy of mine and I have started this blog to keep track of Utah Caves. We have over 50 caves now.
http://utahcaves.blogspot.com/
I've heard it estimated there are over 600 caves in Utah. We've got a ways to go to hit them all :nod:
Lots of cool caves in this state. Let's go get underground Bogley :2thumbs:

Deathcricket
09-17-2008, 03:14 PM
i need to visit this area of bogley more often, really cool man!

DiscGo
09-17-2008, 05:56 PM
I love the mini-stalagmite picture. I am not usually much for blogs, but I look forward to reading yours.

jumar
09-17-2008, 07:25 PM
I love the mini-stalagmite picture. I am not usually much for blogs, but I look forward to reading yours.
If you look close, you can see a little crystal growing inside the drop of water. :2thumbs:

DiscGo
09-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Way cool. I hadn't noticed.

bigrockman
09-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the comments Disc Go. Jeff and I have had a lot of fun putting this site together. It is always good to hear people enjoying it. :smile:

jumar
09-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the comments Disc Go. Jeff and I have had a lot of fun putting this site together. It is always good to hear people enjoying it. :smile:
Now that Bigrockman is on bogley, I can give him the props for that pic of the stalactite. :2thumbs:

DiscGo
09-18-2008, 09:58 AM
What kind of camera do you guys bring caving? I have a waterproof \ shockproof camera that I can bring but I would never bring my nice camera in a cave and it seems like you can't get these high quality pictures with a normal point and shoot camera.

jumar
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
What kind of camera do you guys bring caving? I have a waterproof \ shockproof camera that I can bring but I would never bring my nice camera in a cave and it seems like you can't get these high quality pictures with a normal point and shoot camera.
I have a point and shoot. It's a pentax optio. I like it bc it's water and dust proof. But it doesn't take as nice as pics as some. I just snap a whole bunch of pics and get lucky occasionally. :nod:

bigrockman
09-19-2008, 07:01 AM
I am using an pentax optio water/shock resistant camera as well. The camera does not have to be to notch to get a good shot, you just need to know a few good lighting tricks.

DiscGo
09-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Nothin' worse than finding out it is operator error :)