PDA

View Full Version : New purchase!

Jaxx
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Bought a bike off KSL last week. I love it. Got my MC permit on monday and have been riding to work since Tuesday. I can't get enough of it.

These are the pics from the ad. I will try to get some posted later.

Edit: it's a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 with Vance and Hines exhaust.

accadacca
08-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Congrats!! Welcome to the family. Perhaps an Iron Butt is in your future (or not): :haha: http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/

Jaxx
08-20-2008, 02:35 PM
That would be awesome! and only $100 bucks in gas. I remember reading yours a while back. Sounds fun.

live2ride
08-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Congrats on getting a new scoot man! take it easy!

Jaxx
08-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks. I am a super noob when it comes to motorcycles. My dad has tried to give lots of advice but is there somewhere to get tips on riding and techniques, etc.?

double moo
08-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course... and buy some good protective gear. Dress for the wreck... not the ride! As a rider of 40 years I can attest that it is not if... but when.

The MSF course gives you 8 hours of classroom time and another 8 on the bikes. Passing the course gives you a certificate to waive the practical test at the DMV - just pass the written and you get your license.... the course instructors will make sure you are profficient or they won't pass you. I have had 2 of my sons go this route and are thankful they did (I wouldn't let them get their licenses without it!) They offer it on a continual basis through the adult education program at Murray High.

http://www.utahridered.com/

Do us all a favor and learn how to ride right... and do it safely!!

Moo

shaggy125
08-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Listen to double moo, I work at the hospital and there have been a lot of people buying motorcycles and scooters this summer to save money on gas and end up dead, brain dead, paralyzed, etc... I think the Shock Trauma unit is nearing 20% of their beds taken up by motorcycle accidents... that is HUGE! Be careful and have fun.

Jaxx
08-22-2008, 08:47 AM
thanks for the tips. I was already planning on the MSC. Thanks for the link. I wear a helmet, jacket, gloves, all the time and jeans most of the time. Now that I am taking it on the freeway I will probably wear jeans and change at work.