PDA

View Full Version : The Gallon Challenge

Redpb
08-19-2008, 01:12 PM
As many of you know, this involves drinking a gallon of milk within 1 hour and then keeping it down for one hour.

Well, myself, bro-inlaws, brothers, nephews, sister-in-law sister, all attempted this feat. We thought to make it more enjoyable we would use chocolate milk.

We all failed.

8 gallons of chocolate milk later...
The nephews, at best, made it to half a gallon. All puked .
Wes, the bro-inlaw, took down about 3/4 of it in 15 minutes. Puked.
Shane, the brother, took down about 7/8 of it and never puked, he did not ever finish the jug.
Myself, got down about 3/4 of the jug and puked at the 50 minute mark. Only got up about half of what I drank... I was sick the rest of the night.
The sister of the sister-inlaw got down about 7/8 of it and puked right on the 1 hour mark. She lost it all...

There was chocolate milk (regurgetated) everywhere. I'm not drinking chocolate milk for a long long time.
I would post up pics but I didn't think you would want pics of people puking up brown milk.

Anyone else dumb enough to attempt this?

Cirrus2000
08-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Yikes! Disgusting!

Never tried this - don't plan to. Did the Century Club 15 years ago. 1 ounce of beer a minute for 100 minutes. No puking, and NO PEEING. Real Canadian 5% beer, mind you, not Utah or other US beer. Made it to the end.

Ah, the things you do in Air Traffic Control school... :haha:

JP
08-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I've always wondered about that. Although milk is my favorite beverage, I never took on that challenge. I cannot see how that end result is what happens to everybody when they try it. Not enough love for the milk maybe? :haha: You should have used the video camera on that challenge :haha:

Redpb
08-19-2008, 01:26 PM
There was tape rolling. Not mine though. I'll see if I can get some snippets.

Mtnman1830
08-19-2008, 01:36 PM
We need to see the pics. :2thumbs:

sparker1
08-19-2008, 01:41 PM
I never heard of this before. As a kid, I frequently drank a quart or even more, but a gallon? I don't know if I could do it or not.

Deathcricket
08-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Thats crazy. I don't even think I could finish a half gallon.

I was watching the discovery channel about competitive eaters and they can drink an entire gallon in under a minute. I think they switch between water and milk or mix if half and half I can't recall. But they can drink 2 or 3 gallons in an hour, while trying to stretch out their stomachs. I always thought that would overload your kidneys and kill you, but apparently that is not the case.

Anyways if you do try it again, they said the trick is to fill up your stomach as quickly as possible, then stand (not lay) to help your body process it. Something about gravity helping you out. Do not start drinking again even if you think you can. Topping off makes you more likely to puke. Wait for 10-15 mins for your body to process as much as possible, then drink as much as possible in another sitting, wait, repeat. Granted I'm just repeating what he said, never attempted. i just find it fascinating what the human body is capable of.

Oh yeah and I'm a sympathy puker. No pics please!
:lol8:

KapitanSparrow
08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
I think it's a competition with disgusting side effects. But I'd like to see pics and your faces :2thumbs:

Jaxx
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
That is what happens when you get a bunch of rednecks together. Sounds like a good time.

JP
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
The vids and pics would be things to see :haha: Puking is not so bad :haha:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Zukimog/DSCN0575.jpg

accadacca
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Great topic. :lol8:

Of course you know that the peeps on bogley want to see pictures and video. :popcorn:

moabfool
08-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Yikes! Disgusting!

Never tried this - don't plan to. Did the Century Club 15 years ago. 1 ounce of beer a minute for 100 minutes. No puking, and NO PEEING. Real Canadian 5% beer, mind you, not Utah or other US beer. Made it to the end.

Ah, the things you do in Air Traffic Control school... :haha:

I feel so much safer now. :eek2:

RugerShooter
08-20-2008, 06:16 AM
We Want Pics, We Want Pics :2thumbs:

Mooseman70
08-20-2008, 06:50 AM
In 2000, I attended the National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC), a Boy Scouts of America sponsored event, at the University of Tennessee.

Our Lodge sponsored a booth to promote things which were native to where we came from, CA being the case here.

We passed out small baggies of beach sand from Malibu, and also served orange juice to the other attendees.

Towards the end, we discovered we had about 20 large jugs of OJ left, so we decided to do something creative to use up the remaining OJ - "The Gallon Challenge!" The jugs of OJ were larger than 1 gallon - maybe 2 gallons. We told the Scouts they could put together teams of 4 to take the Challenge, which many eagerly stepped up to do.

Most teams downed the entire jug of OJ between the 4 team members in the 3 minute time limit we gave them. We had a large trash barrel there with us in case anyone decided to bring their drink back up, which several had happen to them.

I was amazed at the ability of most to drink/chug an insane amount of liquid in such a short time without becoming sick. I guess OJ isn't as hard for the stomach to digest as compared to milk, but I don't know that I would want to even attempt it since I hate puking. Wouldn't even want to run the risk of puking! :lol8:

It was fun while it lasted, and we got rid of all the remaining jugs of OJ! :2thumbs:

JP
08-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Vitamin C overdose :haha: They were all healthy for a year :lol8:

DiscGo
08-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I also have tried with chocolate milk and only made it to about the halfway point. What really surprised me was that the chocolate milk tasted just as good on the way out.

sparker1
08-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I also have tried with chocolate milk and only made it to about the halfway point. What really surprised me was that the chocolate milk tasted just as good on the way out.

That's because it didn't stay down long enough to go sour. :naughty:

Cirrus2000
08-20-2008, 11:23 PM

Now that's disgusting! :puke8:

Mooseman70
08-21-2008, 06:16 AM

Y'know, DiscGo.... I've heard the same thing about banana's, but that sure doesn't make me want to run right out and try it! :haha:

Redpb
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
crap.... wrong thread

KapitanSparrow
08-21-2008, 08:34 AM
crap.... wrong thread

Red! What's up with those pics? The masses have spoken.

Wild One
08-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I've participated in 4 Gallon Challenges in my day (dude, what else are you going to do on a mission?)

Puked every time. Never finished more than 3/4 myself. Had one buddy who finished and actually kept it down. He was sick as a dog for a couple days. It's better to just puke and get it over with. I've got a lot of pics of this, but none digital. I'll see if I can find time to scan a few.

Did you have to pee a lot afterward too? Seems like even after you puke you still have to pee like every 10 minutes.

I've also heard a really good one to try is Rootbeer and Twinkies (1 2 liter and 1 box of twinkies) because the Twinkies supposedly expand in your stomach and really cause some carbonation build up..... :puke8: