PDA

View Full Version : Need computer (Apple & PC) help!

GOCK
08-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Probably the wrong place for this but worth a shot.
I am trying to get movies (Shrek, Bourne Identity, etc) into my iphone. Currently I have the movies on my apple mini-mac working with itunes and playing on an apple tv. They are stored on a WD external hard drive. I want to get thsoe files (MPEG - 4) from the mini-mac to my pc and into itunes so I can have the movies on my iphone.
Anyone know how to do this?

R
08-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Assuming these movies are already in a format your iPod can use, just drag the files into the "Movies" category under the "Library" at the top left of your iTunes. It will import them, and from there you can manage them just like you manage your music. Hope this helps. -Richard

http://myweb.cableone.net/abbysm/pix/itunesmovies01.jpg

P. S. I honestly have no idea why there are 24 episodes of Battlestar Galactica in my iTunes. Weird.

Edit: never mind about that last comment. It turns out that someone gave me a hard drive with some music to try, and these were on it. :oops:

accadacca
08-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Your plugging an iPhone into a PC? :nono:

Blasphemy :lol8:

stefan
08-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Assuming these movies are already in a format your iPod can use

you need the "ipod atom" to be in the mpeg file.

when converting directly from dvd, use the free and excellent program handbrake (mac/win) and make sure to select the "ipod atom."

you can copy the files to your iTunes library (or add them without copying them), and, if they have the ipod atom in them, they should be usable on your iphone as richard has indicated.

if they don't have the ipod atom, you can use either iTunes to reencode them ("convert selection for ipod/iphone") or use quicktime to reencode them for ipod/iphone. reencoding them may change file size unfortunately. to insert the atom into the current files without reencoding is more challenging.

GOCK
08-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Thank you, I got it to work. :nod: