PDA

View Full Version : Ophir Canyon (Tooele County)

BruteForce
08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I went riding/exploring yesterday and came across an awesome trail between Mercur Road and Ophir Canyon. From my riding (and now confirmed via Google Earth), it appeared as though the trail looped through the East end of Ophir Canyon.

Can anyone confirm this trail is accessible from Ophir Canyon road (not private property or marked as "No Trespassing") (I didn't make it that far): N 40 22 54.01 W 112 14 16.29

Since most of Ophir is labeled as "No Trespassing" and "Private Property", I was hesitant to continue riding the trail into Ophir. The area just prior to reaching Ophir is labeled as USFS Public Land and takes you to the very top of the mountain range, overlooking Mercur mine, the entire Ophir Canyon and to the West over the Desert Chemical Depot (etc.).

On the ground, it was ~95F yesterday, but up there it was easily ~75F. I believe I was around 9400'.

James_B_Wads2000
08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Got any pics?

James

BruteForce
08-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Got any pics?

James

Nope. Forgot my cellphone and didn't take a camera since I hadn't planned on discovering this awesome trail. I will be heading back up to map it out (along with all the mine shafts and abandoned shacks I found).

Skylinerider
08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
You can drive from there into Ophir, I've gone through Ophir to where you were.