PDA

View Full Version : noobie

jinx
08-07-2008, 06:55 PM
so i just joined gc.com. being brand new there i was of course not going to pay to upgrade yet, but i havent found a single cache that i havent needed to become a member to see. help!!!

DiscGo
08-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Are you saying that you have not been able to find any caches that don't require you to be a premium member? Because the vast majority do not require it. I paid for one year of premium membership and didn't see the advantage to it.

You are logged in to GC.com and the caches at which you are looking say you have to be a premium member?

jinx
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM
they say that the greyed out links are available to premium members only. am i searching in the wrong area? i am just putting in 84404 and clicking on go

DiscGo
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I did a search in the same area and only saw 1 cache that wasn't avail to non-premium members.

If it has this icon: http://www.geocaching.com/images/small_profile.gif than it is only for premium members.

Are you looking at this same page?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=41.207131&lng=-112.211029&dist=100

Mtnman1830
08-08-2008, 05:12 AM
just below the 'greyed out links' there are the coords to the cache.

Searching for 84404 the first cache is Climb a tree... with the coords of N 41

RugerShooter
08-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Here is what you get when you become a premium member

Organize Your Favorites
Organize geocache listings and create favorite lists with the bookmark feature.

Custom Searches
Create custom searches based on geocache size, location, attributes and more with Pocket Queries.

Be Instantly Notified of Geocaches
Be the first to find a geocache when you receive Instant Notifications about newly published geocaches on your cell phone or other mobile device.

Caches Along a Route
Search for geocaches along a route on your next road trip. Tell us where you are going, and we will let you know what geocaches are along the way.

Support Geocaching.com
Support the development and maintenance of the Geocaching.com site. As long as you continue to renew your membership, you will always be guaranteed the rate at which you first became a Premium member!

Premium Member Access to all Groundspeak Websites
When you become a Groundspeak Premium Member, you gain access to all premium features and tools at Geocaching.com, Waymarking.com and Wherigo.com

Download up to 500 waypoints at a time using Pocket Queries. Premium members receive 5 Pocket Queries a day!

I am a premium member, I thought it would be worth it, if you want to put more than one cache at a time onto your gps (pocket queries). I also use the cache along a route.

If you have anymore questions go ahead and ask or stop by, I will be happy to show you the ropes.

sportsman
08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
come to my office at 1798 W. 5150 S. #101 in Roy and I will show you one with out even needing your GPS. :2thumbs:

jinx
08-08-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks mtn man, that is what i was doing wrong. thanks to all of you. i got it now.