PDA

View Full Version : Know any good orthopedic doctors?

Wasatch Rebel
08-01-2008, 05:27 AM
I'm looking for one. I actually have one--David Petron up at the University of Utah, who does a lot of the athletic teams surgeries etc., but I'm looking for one closer to home, and that's a bit easier to get into. I live on the west side of the SL Valley.

greyhair biker
08-01-2008, 08:52 AM
actually i'm quite impressed with the U of U ortho center. Dr Sullivan(and team) put this Humpty Dumpty back together again & did a great job. :2thumbs:

TreeHugger
08-01-2008, 11:10 AM
My husband works at the Ortho center at U of U. He thinks the docs there are excellent.

Wasatch Rebel
08-01-2008, 12:37 PM
They are---like I said, I'm with Dr. Petron. But he takes about a month to get into. He's a great doctor, but the last time I had an injury, I got all the way across the valley from my home in Kearns and once there, I was told that he had to do surgery, so my appointment was canceled. That was after waiting 4-5 weeks or so, and I had to reschedule the appointment for another month after that. To say nothing of driving all the way over there only to be told that it had been canceled. A simple phone call would have saved me valuable time---I mean, what if I'd have taken off work for that appointment and they hadn't bothered to call me and tell me it was canceled?
So maybe I should try another doctor there, one who isn't quite as popular. Maybe Dr. Sullivan? Or if any of you know of more doctors, like at TOSH or elsewhere that you could recommend, I'd appreciate it.

Felicia
08-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Your issue seems to be more with your doctor

Wasatch Rebel
08-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Thanks, Felicia. I appreciate those comments.

Glockguy
08-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I had Dr. Beck at TOSH fix up my shreddec PCL and MCL 11 years ago. he did a great job.

I was really impressed with the attitude at TOSH. Their goal is to get you back out there and be an active person, not just fix you up and send you out the door.

TreeHugger
08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
My husband (he's a PMandR doc at the ortho center) says there's a guy out near you named Jim McIntyre, he's a sports med guy in private practice, doesnt do surgeries (Dr. Petron doesnt do surgeries, either) who's really good. Also Scott Johnson at TOSH is really good, but is not a surgeon either. Are you looking for a surgeon or just a good sports med doc?

Wasatch Rebel
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
My husband (he's a PMandR doc at the ortho center) says there's a guy out near you named Jim McIntyre, he's a sports med guy in private practice, doesnt do surgeries (Dr. Petron doesnt do surgeries, either) who's really good. Also Scott Johnson at TOSH is really good, but is not a surgeon either. Are you looking for a surgeon or just a good sports med doc?

Well, I need a doctor to fix up my shoulder, at the moment. I don't think it needs surgery, but what do I know--I'm no doctor. I'm thinking that maybe with a good diagnosis and some therapy, I could get past this thing without surgery. Although I had surgery on my other shoulder years ago, so if it's the same thing, I'll need it again. So I guess my answer to your question is if this McIntyre is good at shoulders, I might give him a try.

TreeHugger
08-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes, see McIntyre. He's great, and in your area. If you want other recommendations at the U, let me know.

Wasatch Rebel
08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Yes, see McIntyre. He's great, and in your area. If you want other recommendations at the U, let me know.

Thanks, Treehugger. I'll give him a try.

wthomas
08-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I had Dr. Beck at TOSH fix up my shreddec PCL and MCL 11 years ago. he did a great job.

I was really impressed with the attitude at TOSH. Their goal is to get you back out there and be an active person, not just fix you up and send you out the door.

Dr. Beck cleaned up my shoulder last year at the new orthopedic center at Jordan Valley Hospital. :2thumbs:

Wasatch Rebel
08-11-2008, 05:32 AM

Dr. Beck cleaned up my shoulder last year at the new orthopedic center at Jordan Valley Hospital. :2thumbs:

So is this Charles Beck?

MY T PIMP
08-11-2008, 09:31 AM
I've had a terrible bout with Plantar-Faciitis. It took three different doctors before I found one I liked. Dr. Seigmiller in Layton has helped me. Unfortunately I'm told the conditionis life long, but he has sure helped me deal with the symptoms.

Wasatch Rebel
08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
I've had a terrible bout with Plantar-Faciitis. It took three different doctors before I found one I liked. Dr. Seigmiller in Layton has helped me. Unfortunately I'm told the conditionis life long, but he has sure helped me deal with the symptoms.

I've had that too--and after lots of therapy and wearing different arch supports and orthotics--it's in remission. But it flares up from time to time, so I can relate to your pain.

wthomas
08-11-2008, 02:13 PM

So is this Charles Beck?

Yes