PDA

View Full Version : Don't call it a HIGHWAY!!!!!

Sombeech
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Legacy PARKWAY is to open on Sept 13th 2008. But don't call it the Legacy Highway.

That's the most ridiculous comment I've heard yet; after 10 years and $$$$$$$$$$$$$'s WASTED in debating and delays, Legacy is finally going in, but we can't call it a Highway.

It's meant to be a "Driving Experience". Yes, I'm sure that's what the commuters will feel as they just want to get home from work everyday.

I'm going to continue to call it a highway, just to see how many critics I can bring out of the woodwork. Nuh uh uh.... it's not a highway, you see how those pillars have stonework on them?

And after yesterday's NIGHTMARE, everybody in northern Utah will be glad to keep big trucks off the Legacy.

abirken
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Hmmmmmmmm yea I kinda like my 3 mile drive to work.............. :nod:

devo_stevo
07-31-2008, 07:24 AM

WORD!!! I have a 2 1/2 mile commute. It's 10 minutes on my bike and no traffic. :haha:

Bo_Beck
07-31-2008, 07:39 AM
I have a 20 minute drive from Ivins on the "Snow Canyon Parkway". This road has been in existance for I don't know how many years? Maybe 7 or 8? It has been excavated, tilled-up, chopped up, re-routed, revamped, resurfaced I DON"T REMEMBER HOW MANY TIMES NOW! Aptly named a "Parkway"! It's truly an experience trying to avoid all the cones, potholes, landscape immigrants, desert tortoises, cats, dogs etc. Best of all the sign reads, "Road Construction; Expect Delays; Fines Double for Speeding; Have a Nice Day :)"

devo_stevo
07-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Bo, my grandma lived in Ivins and I know that road well. I think it's been uder construction longer than it took to rebuild I-15 through Salt Lake for the Olympics. I feel for you.

She now lives in Washington near the freeway. More convenient for her and everyone that visits, but I sure do miss the view from her front porch in Ivins.

FROGGER
07-31-2008, 07:57 AM

+1 i have never had a commute longer than 6 miles.... LOVE IT>....

sparker1
07-31-2008, 08:39 AM
Commute??? What is this commute?

James_B_Wads2000
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
I have a 12 mile commute to my current job. My last job was less then five miles, boy that was nice. The one advantage I have to my current commute is that I live smack-dab in the middle of the Salt Lake Valley. Here is another novel concept I actually work in the same county were I live. I have about 12 different routes to work that range between 15-40 minutes to get there. For all you freaks up north that work down here, you deserve all the heart ache of your commute. If you want to live up there then work up there. If you have to work down here then live down here. Otherwise be a pawn in the traffic wars.

James

Last Child
07-31-2008, 11:45 AM

About a 50 foot walk for me :thumb: