PDA

View Full Version : City Creek Center - Downtown SLC

accadacca
07-26-2008, 07:28 PM
You know those people that think they run the news through their email account. :lol8: They send everybody and their dog stuff that they find interesting or funny. Anyway, this pertains to the $1 billion dollars that Salt Lake City is spending to build the City Creek Center. It is supposed to be done in 2011. The bottom of the page has a pretty cool virtual tour of the property. I thought I would pass it along. . .I guess I do the same thing on bogley. :haha:

www.citycreekcenter.com

sparker1
07-27-2008, 06:51 AM
It looks really good. They have done a great job on the conceptual tour. I like to see developments such as this because they help slow urban sprawl.

double moo
07-27-2008, 02:56 PM
I believe it is the Church... or it's profit making arm - Zion's Securities (or one of any number of corporations they create for this purpose) - that is pony'ing up the billion $s. The City doesn't have that kind of cash!

I also like how, after much fighting to keep Nordstroms downtown..., they prominenently show the store bearing their name first!!!

DiscGo
07-27-2008, 03:29 PM
It looks really nice, but it seems like there is a lot of wasted rental space for the sake of making a nice atmosphere, which will of course require higher rent. I hope this goes well for the city.