PDA

View Full Version : Bogley Fantasy Football 2008

icthys
07-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Anyone want to take the reins this year and get this thing started?

accadacca
07-25-2008, 09:31 AM
First of all I had to change the title to bogley. :lol8:

So who wants to get this mofo goin'. Good to see you around itchys. :five:

icthys
07-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Sorry about the screw up. I haven't been around much trying to keep the new business running.

This will be the 1st annual Bogley Fantasy Football league. I bombed big time as the commish last year and I don't want the same thing to happen again so if someone wants to take the reins please be my guest.

accadacca
07-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Sorry about the screw up. I haven't been around much trying to keep the new business running.

This will be the 1st annual Bogley Fantasy Football league. I bombed big time as the commish last year and I don't want the same thing to happen again so if someone wants to take the reins please be my guest.
I don't remember you bombing, you did fine. However you might need a break. You ran it 3 years right? Maybe rockgremlin will take the reins.

live2ride
07-27-2008, 08:28 PM
I dont care who takes the reigns but I am looking forward to it!!

rockgremlin
07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I could spell Icthys for a little bit...that is IF folks are willing to challenge the two-time defending champs again. I'm almost feeling guilty about taking your guys' cash! :roflol:

nelsonccc
07-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll run it. But two years in a row in the top four? Not sure you guys can handle the heat.

accadacca
07-28-2008, 10:38 PM
You can take my money you sluts. I like to play. I gotta remember about those return yards this year. CHEAP ASSES!!! :lol8:

Hey I won back in 05. :roflol:

icthys
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
I'll run it. But two years in a row in the top four? Not sure you guys can handle the heat.

Run with it. I'll be waiting for registration details.

live2ride
07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
The beaners are back for the 09 season, we have been swimming, running and working a ton! Ready to go bitches!!

rockgremlin
07-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I nominate Nelson to the role of Bogley FF 09 commish. Does someone care to second the motion?

nelsonccc
08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I nominate Nelson to the role of Bogley FF 09 commish. Does someone care to second the motion?

Allright I'll do it. I'll set it up in the next week or so and send out invites. I'll PM everybody to make sure I get everybodies emails.

I'm thinking of charginf $5 a person to run it. What do you guys think? :roflol:

nelsonccc
08-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm too lazy to read through all of the rule changes that were suggested last season so does anybody want to do a recap?

Also what should be the buy in for this season? $100? $50? $21.75?

live2ride
08-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm too lazy to read through all of the rule changes that were suggested last season so does anybody want to do a recap?

Also what should be the buy in for this season? $100? $50? $21.75? I like the $50.00 buy in with an option to opt out after week 8..... :roflol:

rockgremlin
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
$50 is good.

My email: inthegroove01@yahoo

thnx

Iceaxe
08-05-2008, 06:15 AM

Go back to the rules we had in 2006 (the 2007 rules sucked). Add return yards to the 2006 rules or not.... 2006 was the best rules/points package we ever had.

I'll play with whatever.... I suggest a $50 buy in.... and if you are going to handle money through PayPal I suggest charging $2.50 for administering so you don't get burned by PayPal fees.

One other rule I really liked from last year but it has to be done manually is resetting the wavier order once each week so the last place team is #1 and the first place team is last. To be fair this rule has to be done on the same day every week. This rule allowed several weak teams to get back into the hunt last year.

:popcorn:

icthys
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm good for $50.

I like the waiver rule also.

email: jw_ferg@yahoo.com

rockgremlin
08-05-2008, 07:26 PM
From a previous post:

Using 2006 rules, add the following:

1. We keep return yards.
2. We keep the waiver order where bottom feeders get first crack.
3. We keep 5 bonus points for 300 yards passing and 100 yards, running/recieving/return.

Done!!!

Deathcricket
08-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I just wanted to thank you guys for knocking my UFC post down. It was up there for just over 4 months without a single response and I was sad.
:haha:

Carryon, good to finally see some action in this forum. If I watched football I would join ya.

accadacca
08-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I just wanted to thank you guys for knocking my UFC post down. It was up there for just over 4 months without a single response and I was sad.
:haha:

Carryon, good to finally see some action in this forum. If I watched football I would join ya.
:lol8: Some of the peeps around my office might have taken you up. I guess UFC is still fairly new and unheard of.

live2ride
08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
From a previous post:

Using 2006 rules, add the following:

1. We keep return yards.
2. We keep the waiver order where bottom feeders get first crack.
3. We keep 5 bonus points for 300 yards passing and 100 yards, running/recieving/return.

Done!!!

I don't like the bottom feeder waiver wire rule, that is half of the reason to save up your pick off of waivers so when that gem comes around you can get a chance to get him. To me the waiver wire is part of learning how to play and managing your team correctly that is my only beef, plus those in the lower places don't seem to work the wire much anyway?

rockgremlin
08-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't like the bottom feeder waiver wire rule, that is half of the reason to save up your pick off of waivers so when that gem comes around you can get a chance to get him. To me the waiver wire is part of learning how to play and managing your team correctly that is my only beef, plus those in the lower places don't seem to work the wire much anyway?

UGGGGHHHH!!!! :wallbash:

We've been over this ad nauseum. The primary reason for this rule is so that The King of the Hill who has all of the best players on his team and is undefeated can't have a monopoly. That has happened before, and it's not fair.

Iceaxe
08-06-2008, 08:50 PM
plus those in the lower places don't seem to work the wire much anyway?

If the bottom feeders are not using the wire much than what's your bitch???

Request denied!!!!! :lol8:

I king of the hill is the guy who doesn't use the wavier wire much.... because he has no need to use it since he is already well stocked. I see no reason to give him anther great player when one comes along.

live2ride
08-07-2008, 07:35 AM
plus those in the lower places don't seem to work the wire much anyway?

If the bottom feeders are not using the wire much than what's your bitch???

Request denied!!!!! :lol8:

I king of the hill is the guy who doesn't use the wavier wire much.... because he has no need to use it since he is already well stocked. I see no reason to give him anther great player when one comes along.

Fcuk it! I guess it is pointless to talk about it, it is just something that bothers me, maybe enough to keep me out this year, since we change the rules every year anyway. How is that for bitching, and just because you are in first didn't grant you the highest waiver priority, it screws those in the middle of the pack that will consistently be out of reach for getting a chance to get the players on waiver since it would not re-set every week and they could eventually better there odds. Plus say the top man is number one in the waivers, if he has the "best" players he is going to have to drop one of the best to pick up the waiver anyway, and then he would go to the bottom of the waiver order anyway?

Iceaxe
08-07-2008, 07:58 AM
We need to get a list of who is in and out going. I can probably get a few to join for those we lose this year but I need to know now so I can get to work on it.

I say $50 buy in... pay out to be 3 places at the end of the year paying 50%, 30%, 20%.

How many teams did we have last year? We need 8 min if I remember correctly.

Those in so far...

Ice
Rockgremlin
nelsonccc
icthys

And livetoride.... we will drop the bottom feeders to the top wavier rule if you can get a majority to agree.

rockgremlin
08-07-2008, 08:10 AM
The past two years we have had 10 players. The first year we actually had 12.

Monticello Dan (Skullkrackas) had a lot of fun last year. Even though he was a bottom-feeder, he said he wanted to participate again this year. I'll let him know. For now, count him IN.

With Skullkrackas in the mix, we are half way there, and Acca and Live2Ride haven't even fully committed yet. We should make 10 easy.

Iceaxe
08-07-2008, 10:07 AM
First we need to hit up everyone who played last year and get a yea or nay from them. Than start adding to fill in the blanks.

Lets try for a 10 player league. :2thumbs:

live2ride
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
First we need to hit up everyone who played last year and get a yea or nay from them. Than start adding to fill in the blanks.

Lets try for a 10 player league. :2thumbs:

I am cool with a 10 player leauge but would prefer 12 and can recruit a few players if needed. Are we going to do a live draft? If everyone can make it work that kicks ass and leaves no room for people to bitch about the team they were dealt.

live2ride
08-07-2008, 12:32 PM
We need to get a list of who is in and out going. I can probably get a few to join for those we lose this year but I need to know now so I can get to work on it.

I say $50 buy in... pay out to be 3 places at the end of the year paying 50%, 30%, 20%.

How many teams did we have last year? We need 8 min if I remember correctly.

Those in so far...

Ice
Rockgremlin
nelsonccc
icthys

And livetoride.... we will drop the bottom feeders to the top wavier rule if you can get a majority to agree.

Add me to the list

accadacca
08-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Big Balls are back. :getiton:

nelsonccc
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Okay the Bogley 2008 invite went out. I've scheduled a live-online draft for Tuesday the 26th at 7:30 pm.

Let me know if that works. I'll adjust the score categories in the next few days with plenty of time for everybody to review.

nelsonccc
08-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I've updated the scoring.

In 2006 we had it set at 1 pt for 50 yards for QB and 1 pt for 20 yards for RB and WR.

In 2007 we changed it to 1 pt for every ten yards for QB, RB, and WR (including return guys).

In 2008 I've changed everything to 1 pt for 20 yards for WR (also return guys) and RB. QB's are now at 1 pt per 40 yards. This should minimize the importance of the QB position a bit.

Let me know what you'll think.

Also the password is poop.

icthys
08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Okay the Bogley 2008 invite went out. I've scheduled a live-online draft for Tuesday the 26th at 7:30 pm.

Let me know if that works. I'll adjust the score categories in the next few days with plenty of time for everybody to review.

Didn't get an invite, jw_ferg@yahoo.com

live2ride
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I've updated the scoring.

In 2006 we had it set at 1 pt for 50 yards for QB and 1 pt for 20 yards for RB and WR.

In 2007 we changed it to 1 pt for every ten yards for QB, RB, and WR (including return guys).

In 2008 I've changed everything to 1 pt for 20 yards for WR (also return guys) and RB. QB's are now at 1 pt per 40 yards. This should minimize the importance of the QB position a bit.

Let me know what you'll think.

Also the password is poop.

Are we doing decibal scoring because if not that means the man who runs for 99 yards gets the same points as the guy who runs for 80. So that mean 19 yards are worthless?

rockgremlin
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Are we doing decibal scoring because if not that means the man who runs for 99 yards gets the same points as the guy who runs for 80. So that mean 19 yards are worthless?

Yeah, we need to enable that. Good call Live2Ride.

nelsonccc
08-08-2008, 11:15 PM

Yeah, we need to enable that. Good call Live2Ride.

Done.

Iceaxe
08-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I didn't get an invite.....

Burrows.Shane@gmail.com

QB's are now at 1 pt per 40 yards.

This is NOT what we agreed on.... QB needs to be set at 1 pt every 50 yards, same as 2006. As it is now the QB has to much importance.

Are we doing decibal scoring

This is really a toss up and actually takes some of the fun out of the game if you ask me. If an RB gets 59 yards you get 2 points.... but if he gets 61 you get 3. I've often found myself rooting for a back to get an extra couple of yards at the end of the game. This removes that bit of fun.... but I'm good either way.....

As for the live draft.... you need to move the live draft to 10 pm start.... some of us have a life..... I coach a real football team, we are never done before 9pm and I have to have time to get home. The live draft takes less then an hour so it should be no problem setting it later to make certain more can attend.

:cool2:

rockgremlin
08-10-2008, 05:11 PM
ya, i didn't get a invite neither...

inthegroove01@yahoo.com

I agree that it might detract from some of the fun of rooting for a player to go those extra yards at the end of the game, but I still would prefer the decibel scoring system. Looks like the tables are turned on this issue...now Live2Ride likes something that you don't. I guess we'll have to leave it that "if you can get a majority to agree" then we'll dismiss the decibel scoring. :haha:

Iceaxe
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I already said I'll go with what ever.... just giving you something to think about..... I bet at the end of the year the decimal scoring counts for exactly ZERO.... with the old system sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you....

But in the past there been a couple 1 point contests on Monday night that will not be nearly as exciting with decimal scoring.... YMMV.

If I had my way we would use the 2006 scoring without any changes.

We still need to fix the QB 40 = 1 point to QB 50 = 1 point.... or whatever the 2006 rules were.

live2ride
08-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I already said I'll go with what ever.... just giving you something to think about..... I bet at the end of the year the decimal scoring counts for exactly ZERO.... with the old system sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you....

But in the past there been a couple 1 point contests on Monday night that will not be nearly as exciting with decimal scoring.... YMMV.

If I had my way we would use the 2006 scoring without any changes.

We still need to fix the QB 40 = 1 point to QB 50 = 1 point.... or whatever the 2006 rules were.

I am just excited to get his rolling! My email is ARGIMAN2000@yahoo.com I had my buddy play with us last year and he is good to go for this year also. I cant remember his team name but I will ask him.

icthys
08-11-2008, 07:38 AM
All signed up and ready to go.

I second the QB 1 pt for every 50 yds

rockgremlin
08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
I talked to Dan over the weekend - he said he wants to play again this year. His email is:

dansheeran1971@yahoo.com

rockgremlin
08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
All signed up!!!!!

Go ahead and forward me your $50 -- just like ya'll have for the past two years running. :lol8: :bootyshake:

icthys
08-13-2008, 09:24 AM
All signed up!!!!!

Go ahead and forward me your $50 -- just like ya'll have for the past two years running. :lol8: :bootyshake:

Might as well since I haven't won, ever, nor do I plan to this year.

Iceaxe
08-13-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm a little confused.... In 2006 did the QB get 1 point for every 40 yards or every 50 yards? Whatever it was that is where I think we need to be

Rock - I want to send the money PayPal if that's cool. Just tell me what I need to send to cover the fees. You can PM me your paypal address.

I have a third place and a second place.... so overall I'm sitting pretty. :five:

:bootyshake:

rockgremlin
08-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Rock - I want to send the money PayPal if that's cool. Just tell me what I need to send to cover the fees. You can PM me your paypal address.

Oh I was just joking around. I haven't ever taken the entrance fees - I just collect at the end of the season. :lol8:

Send your cash to NelsonCCC - he's the commish, he deserves the interest. :2thumbs: Hey Nelson - have you got a paypal account? I would prefer to pay via paypal as well.

accadacca
08-13-2008, 09:02 PM
I have not seen any details to sign up either and I would like to pay via paypal too. HELL it is 2008 right! Who the fook sends paper checks. :lol8:

scott @ bogley.com

nelsonccc
08-14-2008, 09:49 PM
How come we only have five teams signed up? Is there someone I've missed? We need to get everybody signed up. If you hvaen't received an invite then I don't have your email address.

The live on-line draft is set for Tue Aug 26 7:30pm PDT . I cannot make it any later at night than 8. That is the latest time that Yahoo makes available. Is this going to work for everybody?

I have a paypal account that everybody can use for the fees but let's wait till we have all the teams signed up and the season is ready to go.

Is the scoring okay with everybody? All requested adjustments have been made. I have received a request to add ppr (points per reception). This is a new "fantasy fad" dealio where catches count for .5 point or something. You guys decide. Right now the scoring is exactly how we had it in 2006.

rockgremlin
08-14-2008, 10:26 PM
I'll have to get after Dan to register. He doesn't access his email account very often.

points per reception -- hmmmmmm. I don't care either way. It's cool if we have it, but I won't be upset if we don't.

Is that receptions for QBs or WRs or both?

Iceaxe
08-15-2008, 09:13 AM
If the draft is moved to 8pm I can probably make it.... if you leave it at 7:30 I will miss it.

But whatever..... I'll deal with it either way.... but a live draft would be fun.

And if we need more players lets get it going now.... not waiting until the last minute like last year.

I say we give everyone until tomorrow to sign up and than start recruiting new blood.... you snooze you lose....

nelsonccc
08-17-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll have to get after Dan to register. He doesn't access his email account very often.

points per reception -- hmmmmmm. I don't care either way. It's cool if we have it, but I won't be upset if we don't.

Is that receptions for QBs or WRs or both?

Just WR's.

Iceaxe
08-17-2008, 04:16 PM
I have received a request to add ppr (points per reception). This is a new "fantasy fad" dealio where catches count for .5 point or something. You guys decide. Right now the scoring is exactly how we had it in 2006.

2006 was a very fun year..... we kinda ruined 2007 by messing too much with the points.

I say just go with what we did in 2006....

YMMV

rockgremlin
08-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Two things:

1. We need three more people to sign up. Please start recruiting your friends or family members.

2. Christian - was Paypal OK for us to send cash through?

nelsonccc
08-21-2008, 07:23 AM
I have a paypal account that everybody can use for the fees but let's wait till we have all the teams signed up and the season is ready to go.

See previous post. The draft is coming up pretty quickly here and we need a few more people.

tanya
08-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Are women allowed in. :lol8:

Just kidding. I have no time right now.

KapitanSparrow
08-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah! Fantasy European football league! I'm in! Dibbs on Boruc as my goalie! :roflol:

rockgremlin
08-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Are women allowed in. :lol8:

Why not? Welcome aboard I say. We're kinda getting desperate for any warm bodies right now. The draft is 4 days away!

nelsonccc
08-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey. I've also got a non pay league that I'm in and we also need another person or two. It's free. A few of us from here are already in it. If you're interested hit me sideband and I'll send the league info.

Dizzy G
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM
hey. sombeech mentioned you guys have a fantasy football league over here and here you are! I want in!

please forward log in info to my yahoo account:

hillybillykarma@yahoo.com

Sombeech
08-24-2008, 05:09 PM
hey. sombeech mentioned you guys have a fantasy football league over here and here you are! I want in!

please forward log in info to my yahoo account:

Dizzzaaaaayyyy! What's up man.

accadacca
08-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Yahoo says that the draft is set for Tue Aug 26 9:45pm MDT. I'll make sure that I am back from our Tuesday mtn bike ride in time.

rockgremlin
08-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Just out of curiosity....since I have never participated in a live draft, what is the primary advantage of being "in attendance?" Is there some specific advantage to being there and witnessing it first hand?

Also....is this gonna be a 7, 8, or 10 man league this year? One day before the draft and we're still 3 guys shy of a full league. :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Visit the league page and it tells you the time of the draft.

Your live online draft is set for Tue Aug 26 9:45pm MDT

Something to remember.... nelson lives in a different time zone... actually he lives in his own little world but that's a longer story. :haha:

rockgremlin
08-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Just out of curiosity....since I have never participated in a live draft, what is the primary advantage of being "in attendance?" Is there some specific advantage to being there and witnessing it first hand?

Also....is this gonna be a 7, 8, or 10 man league this year? One day before the draft and we're still 3 guys shy of a full league. :ne_nau:

Again I echo the question......what is the big deal about a live draft? I know what time the draft is set for....I just wanna know WHY? What's the big deal?

nelsonccc
08-25-2008, 06:45 PM

If you are not logged into the "virtual draft room" then Yahoo will simply autopick for you much like it has the last few years for our Bogley drafts.

The main advantages of logging in and participating is that you make your picks and you make these picks knowing and being able to see who has been drafted already. For example, lets say you're 4th and the first three each draft the top three RB's. YOu could choose at this point to either draft the 4th ranked RB or you could decide that the #1 QB would eb more valuable than the 4th RB. Get it?

If our draft were an autodraft like it was last year, you are not able to make these choices since you would rank your pre-draft rankings before and Yahoo would choose for you, but since you don't know what pick you get you wouldn't want to *uck with you pre-draft settings too much or you'd end up with a funky team.

Right now we have 7 guys and i just sent an invite to the other guy who posted here today. So that makes seven. I'd like at least two more. Start reqruiting.

nelsonccc
08-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Visit the league page and it tells you the time of the draft.

Your live online draft is set for Tue Aug 26 9:45pm MDT

Something to remember.... nelson lives in a different time zone... actually he lives in his own little world but that's a longer story. :haha:

My own little "sex" world. Yeah baby.

I was asked to change it to 8:45. It's not my fault you vag's are in a messed up time zone. I'll set it to 7:45 our time if you all so desire. Your bidding is my command.

nelsonccc
08-26-2008, 06:08 AM
If we have eight by the draft tonight I'll go ahead and let us draft. If we still have seven I'll postpone the draft.

Dizzy G
08-26-2008, 07:26 AM
I haven't gotten your invite yet.

live2ride
08-26-2008, 08:04 AM
If we have eight by the draft tonight I'll go ahead and let us draft. If we still have seven I'll postpone the draft.

I say we postpone untill we have 10 players, An eight team leauge will blow ass.

icthys
08-26-2008, 08:12 AM
We need 10 players.

live2ride
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
We need 10 players.

Yeah I don't want to play in an 8 player league, it just sucks! I will see if I can recruit some peeps.

icthys
08-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Was there an invite in the general forum?

Maybe we need to drop the entrance fee if that is what is stopping others from playing. I'd rather it be a free league and actually play than not play at all.

rockgremlin
08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
The general discussion invite was posted by Iceaxe weeks ago.

If we drop the entrance fees me and Dan quit....so then you'd be stuck looking for 4 other players instead of two. If it comes down to it, I wouldn't be opposed to anyone in this league playing two teams - they just have to be willing to pony up 100 bones instead of 50.

nelsonccc
08-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Holy Sh*t.

Some of who wanted me to change the draft time in order to add more teams and some of you are mad that I did change it.

Here's the deal. Draft time is tomorrow night at 8:30 vegas time. I've changed it because I, like most of you, do not want to lose scoring for the first week. We've got eight teams now. We'll either draft with the eight we have or we'll get two other teams to sign up before the draft. We need an even number of teams to draft in a head to head league.

Friggn' Utahns. I still love you guys.

tanya
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I put up another reminder a bit ago for some men to join your fantasy. I would help you guys out but I don't want to intrude. Football is a man's thing. :haha:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13542&highlight=

nelsonccc
08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
So still eight teams. Should I postpone the draft once more? Cancel it all together? I think having only eight teams in a $50 league is going to suck. We need at least two more teams.

I'll let it get down to the wire to see if anyone else signs up at the last minute.

In order to join the league, go to Yahoo game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 349439
Password: poop

icthys
08-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I just drafted one hell of a team!

nelsonccc
08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
5 kickers. look out. domination is coming

rockgremlin
08-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Best draft ever! :roflol:

You asses missed one helluva draft! So.....we gonna erase, recruit and start over again?

live2ride
08-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Damn! I want to keep my team that team is solid!

rockgremlin
08-28-2008, 06:59 AM
SO.....ACCA?! ICEAXE?! Hullllllo?

It was proposed among the 4 dudes who actually showed up for the live draft last night to erase the current Bogley league, recruit two more players, and redraft this weekend.

If you just wanna ignore it and hope it goes away, let us know because half of us really wanna play this year, and we'll hook up with another league.

It was also put to vote if anyone was opposed to one player playing (and paying for) two teams. Noone was opposed to the idea, so if you've got an extra 50 bones laying around collecting dust, put it to good use and sign up another team.

I'd really like to see the Bogley FF league go forward again this year, and am a little dissappointed at how this whole thing has just gone to shit. I think we're really close to making it work. Let's git er done! :2thumbs:

Thanks.

nelsonccc
08-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Yep. There was three of us logged in about 5 minutes before the draft. We had decided to re-schedule in order to get two more players, but Since it was within 30 min of the draft it would not let me cancel. So we went through with it.

Then Justin logged in so we had four and we decided that we all wanted a 10 person league. So we went through with the draft just dicking around. I drafted five kickers and four guys I've never heard of.

In any case, after doing a little research last night i've discovered that once your league has drafted you cannot erase the league. Yahoo's approach is that it remains there but you donlt have to log in and manage it.

So I propose creating another Bogley 2008 league and sending out invites to everybody. Then I'll set the draft to sometime this weekend or either early next week. I'd rather miss the first week of scoring then play with eight guys. I can't believe it's this hard to get 10 guys together with $50.

rockgremlin
08-28-2008, 07:54 AM
I can't believe it's this hard to get 10 guys together with $50.

I can't either! It seems like half of the league really wants to play, and the other half could care less. :ne_nau:

KapitanSparrow
08-28-2008, 07:54 AM
I'd rather miss the first week of scoring then play with eight guys. I can't believe it's this hard to get 10 guys together with $50.

Heh, that is so sexist. Invite some gals :roflol:

Iceaxe
08-28-2008, 08:48 AM
I just got up to speed.... I was out of town doing real football stuff last night..... I wanted to scout our first opponent of the year and they were playing in PG at 8pm.

I haven't even looked at my fantasy team yet, but with an 8 player league I'm sure it's a sweety.... If you guys can get one more player I have one that will join.

I'm good with whatever you guys want to do.

:cool2:

accadacca
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
:lol8: Well, I was planning on joining you for the draft and then spaced it somehow. Hell it's been back and forth on this thing. Whatever you decide to do is fine with me, I am ready to play. I think it might be wise to skip the live draft format. Getting everyone together is proving to be impossible. It was tough getting the peeps all together at my work and we all work in the same damn office. Your call. :five:

rockgremlin
08-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Hey Shane -- Can you get your friend to sign up today? If so, I'll just buy in the last spot. If you guys are cool with me running two teams, then we could get this show on the road, and auto-draft before this Sunday, possibly in time to squeeze in the first week of the season.

Anyone opposed to this?

live2ride
08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Hey Shane -- Can you get your friend to sign up today? If so, I'll just buy in the last spot. If you guys are cool with me running two teams, then we could get this show on the road, and auto-draft before this Sunday, possibly in time to squeeze in the first week of the season.

Anyone opposed to this?

That works, and even if we do the draft after the first I believe you can choose to start week one scoring? I will keep an eye on this and I hope it works!!

rockgremlin
08-29-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure Christian is in Zion right now. He had big plans to hit a bunch of heavy duty slots in Zion this weekend. We'll probably see him reply to this next tuesday. :frustrated:

Iceaxe
08-29-2008, 03:31 PM
It will not let my daughter join (she played last year). I assume this is because the league has already drafted.

rockgremlin
09-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok. It sounds like Bogley FF 2008 is officially dead in the water. What a lame showing.... :roll:

Hey Beaners -- PM me your email address. I want in on your other league.

nelsonccc
09-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Christian is in Zion right now. He had big plans to hit a bunch of heavy duty slots in Zion this weekend. We'll probably see him reply to this next tuesday. :frustrated:

I'm back. I've been out of town since Thursday afternoon.

The Bogley 2008 is dead because it already drafted. IF we are going to have 10 teams then I'll set-up another Bogley 2008 league and invite you all to join. I'm still game and if Rockgremlin is willing to purchase two teams then we're almost there. The big question, will we have ten teams?

Iceaxe
09-01-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm happy with a 8 team league or we can re-draft and Stormy will take a team.

Just let me know either way ASAP as our youth football season begins this week and I will not be on the forum much for a while.

rockgremlin
09-02-2008, 05:41 AM
grrr.....send out the invites....I'll sign up two teams and lets see what happens...

accadacca
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I am signed up again. Lez get this show on the road. :banana:

rockgremlin
09-04-2008, 08:10 AM
8 are signed on. All we need now are Icthys and Stormy to sign on.

Iceaxe
09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Stormy's signed up.... we just need one more.

rockgremlin
09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Stormy's signed up.... we just need one more.

We're just missing Icthys (PIMP MY SACK).

rockgremlin
09-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Yo Icthys! Sign up bro! We need ya man!!! Sure it sucks that we missed the first week, but there's still 15 good weeks of play left. :2thumbs:

nelsonccc
09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I sent another invite to him today. We must have autopick draft set to draft before sunday night to get points for next weeks games.

icthys
09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Sorry I'm the one to shit on this effort but the Bogley BS league is off for me now. I'm only going to manage 1 team (and pay for 1 team) and it's not going to be in the Bogley league this year.

accadacca
09-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Sorry I'm the one to shit on this effort but the Bogley BS league is off for me now. I'm only going to manage 1 team (and pay for 1 team) and it's not going to be in the Bogley league this year.
Well that blows.

rockgremlin
09-06-2008, 11:21 AM

:roll: thanks...

BTW is there room in your league for one more? I only play one league per year too, and now that the bogley league tanked, I'm left out in the cold.

nelsonccc
09-06-2008, 01:51 PM
WTF? I cannot believe we aren't going to do this. I'd take the tenth team but I'm already in two other $50 leagues, so Bogley eould be my third money league.

This sucks ass.

Dizzy G
09-06-2008, 03:26 PM

:flipa: back atcha

rockgremlin
09-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I think Icthys just burned his Bogley FF bridges...you just pissed on the heads of 9 other dudes.....way to go.

In other news, I'm 95% sure that I have found our 10th player. He's a friend here in Green River. Avid sports fanatic, and plays FF every year - should be a competetive player.

nelsonccc
09-07-2008, 05:26 PM
All right we finally have 10 teams signed up. I've set the league to "ready" for the auto-draft.

rockgremlin
09-07-2008, 06:51 PM
All right we finally have 10 teams signed up. I've set the league to "ready" for the auto-draft.

:party: :rockit: :clap: :banana:

Let the games begin!!!

:party: :rockit: :clap: :banana:

nelsonccc
09-07-2008, 09:45 PM
league has drafted. So starting tuesday the 16th I'll begin resetting the waiver order.

I wont do it this tuesday since our scoring wont begin till week two.

Good luck.

icthys
09-08-2008, 05:29 AM
[quote="rockgremlin"]I think Icthys just burned his Bogley FF bridges...you just pissed on the heads of 9 other dudes.....way to go.

:roflol:

I'm sure next year when you can't even get 8 players you'd be happy to have me.

rockgremlin
09-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm sure next year when you can't even get 8 players you'd be happy to have me.

Sadly, you're probably right! :lol8:

rockgremlin
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I think there was some confusion and frustration that our league started when it did. Anybody wanna air those concerns here? Maybe we can come up with an alternative means of funding the payout......

live2ride
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
LOL I thought that the leauge was scoring for this first week and was pissed! Then I read the info and woke my ass up. Lets go week #2!

accadacca
09-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Somebody got screwed drafting Brady. :compthrow:

I am ready to throw down. :boxing:

nelsonccc
09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I think there was some confusion and frustration that our league started when it did. Anybody wanna air those concerns here? Maybe we can come up with an alternative means of funding the payout......

I posted here that we needed to draft before sunday night. Everyone should have set their pre-draft rankings long before sunday afternoon. When the tenth team finally signed up, I waited a couple of hours in case he needed to set his draft order and then set it to ready. Which I posted here. I got on at 9 last night to see if it had drafted and it had.

Lets get it on.

accadacca
09-08-2008, 10:08 PM
:getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton: :getiton:

rockgremlin
09-09-2008, 05:54 AM
Hmmmmmm.....Savage Injuns still #1 after week 1, and having not even tried. Too bad that week didn't count.

:roflol:

You guys should all send a thank you note to Brady for going out with his season ending injury, because if he remained on my roster for the rest of the season you guys would be toast.

accadacca
09-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah I lost Brady in my other league. :frustrated:

Would you have had a chance to change your draft order before we drafted? If you had known or was is locked or something?

nelsonccc
09-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah I lost Brady in my other league. :frustrated:

Would you have had a chance to change your draft order before we drafted? If you had known or was is locked or something?

It didn't lock till about 7 that night. I know beacause I was watching one of the afternoon games and I heard the news about Brady so I logged on and excluded him in my pre-draft rankings.

This of course doesn't help me in my other pay league where I drafed Brady in the first round. Doh.

Looks like Ice with Mcnabb might have the QB of this year.

rockgremlin
09-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Looks like Ice with Mcnabb might have the QB of this year.

Yeah right. He's extremely injury-prone. I'd be surprised if he makes it through the entire season.

rockgremlin
09-09-2008, 07:29 PM
I see you guys that drafted the all-reject team in our first league went ahead and got serious drafting all good players instead. :lol8:

You guys are shameless....

nelsonccc
09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I see you guys that drafted the all-reject team in our first league went ahead and got serious drafting all good players instead. :lol8:

You guys are shameless....

Well.......for my part we played around during the draft just picking people we'd never heard of under the assumption I could erase the league. When I found out I couldn't erase it and that I was going to have to look at it (whether I clicked on it or not) for the next 6 months I decided to see how well I could do with just a waiver wire team. I noticed that Tyler is doing the same thing. Kind of a practice/waiver wire league now for me.

rockgremlin
09-16-2008, 07:21 AM
I think I may have committed a blunder when I invited Gary Arnell (TruUte) into our league. His wife tells me that when football season starts he never leaves the house -- just glues himself to the couch and watches every single game, dissecting it according to best players, best prospects, and other inside info. It seems like he's always first to snap up the best available players. :frustrated:

accadacca
09-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I think I may have committed a blunder when I invited Gary Arnell (TruUte) into our league. His wife tells me that when football season starts he never leaves the house -- just glues himself to the couch and watches every single game, dissecting it according to best players, best prospects, and other inside info. It seems like he's always first to snap up the best available players. :frustrated:
YOU DIRTY BASTARD!!! :wallbash:

I won the first year [2005] and since then it has been getting progressively harder. :lol8:

At least he knows what the best color is. :ute_helmet:

nelsonccc
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Ah first place. My usaul spot until I get knocked out of the playoffs by the 6th seed.

Somehow it just feels better when your first win is against shane. Who's my bitch?

rockgremlin
10-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Week 7 is just proof that anything can happen in this league. 4 out of the top 5 teams were beaten in week 7, including the best team beaten by the worst...

nelsonccc
10-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Week 7 is just proof that anything can happen in this league. 4 out of the top 5 teams were beaten in week 7, including the best team beaten by the worst...

Yep. It's like every other year. there is only one game or two seperating 7th place from 1st place.

Where has all the FF love been on this forum?

rockgremlin
12-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Check this out -- Week 14

I play Beaners in both leagues on the same week. I beat him in the real bogley, he beats me in the original bogley, but the score is the same...at least till Monday night football screws it up.

rockgremlin
12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
BTW, Gary (TruUte) approached me the other day about who he needs to pay. I told him to keep his money cause it appears in the first place that he will be the league champ, and in the second place it is seeming more and more like this year Bogley is just a for fun league. What with the tough economic times and all it appears that nobody is psyched to pony up the cash for this year's league...especially if you're a bottom dweller.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

nelsonccc
12-10-2008, 12:16 PM
BTW, Gary (TruUte) approached me the other day about who he needs to pay. I told him to keep his money cause it appears in the first place that he will be the league champ, and in the second place it is seeming more and more like this year Bogley is just a for fun league. What with the tough economic times and all it appears that nobody is psyched to pony up the cash for this year's league...especially if you're a bottom dweller.

My intention had been to collect during the last couple of weeks. I'm all for not paying expecially since I didn't get in and I'm a bottom dweller. The first time I haven't made the playoffs in three years. grumble, grumble.

Let me know how you'll want to proceed.

rockgremlin
12-10-2008, 12:49 PM

My intention had been to collect during the last couple of weeks. I'm all for not paying expecially since I didn't get in and I'm a bottom dweller. The first time I haven't made the playoffs in three years. grumble, grumble.

Let me know how you'll want to proceed.

I'm #2 guy, and my friend Gary is #1 guy -- and we're both cool with not paying. I guess it just depends on Beaners and Ironman now. You may wanna email Ironman - I don't think he visits this forum often if at all.

live2ride
12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Yo! I have missed all the fun shit talk due to moving into a new place and internet issues, all is good and I am back (beaners) so I am cool with paying or whatever this week when I beat Tru-ute he will get knocked out of the running so it will be go time! Been a fun season and I skimmed in the playoffs this year unlike the all star Tom Brady roster I had last year....LOL.

Iceaxe
12-11-2008, 01:34 PM
SK8ERS and I are good with whatever management declares.....

rockgremlin
12-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Yo! I have missed all the fun shit talk due to moving into a new place and internet issues, all is good and I am back (beaners) so I am cool with paying or whatever this week when I beat Tru-ute he will get knocked out of the running so it will be go time! Been a fun season and I skimmed in the playoffs this year unlike the all star Tom Brady roster I had last year....LOL.

Yes I see you're projected to get 100 points this week. I think out of anyone you stand the best chance of knockin him out right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

rockgremlin
12-22-2008, 05:53 AM
Guys I hate fantasy football and I'm never playing again. :frustrated:

rockgremlin
12-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Gary wanted to say thanks for letting him play in our league this year. Another fun year though I must admit, I can't believe I actually placed second the way my crappy underachieving team played this year.

Note to self: When team's playoff hopes are riding on whether or not they win their next game, always start all of the players on that team!!! Case in point: San Diego, Atlanta, and Carolina. Even though they faced the best defenses on the road in Minnesota, the Giants, and Tampa Bay, all of their offensive players turned in mammoth performances. (If I would have played Sproles and 4TD D Williams, I would've won).

nelsonccc
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM

Why in the world would you have sat Williams? Crazy.

rockgremlin
12-24-2008, 05:17 AM

Why in the world would you have sat Williams? Crazy.

One of the biggest reasons I sat Williams was because well....I had to sit somebody. I had 5 solid starting RBs, I could only play 3 of them. Unfortunately, I sat the two most prolific RBs that week in Williams and Sproles. On my starting roster were: Michael Turner, Steve Slaton, and the RB return guy for Detroit who to my chagrin had 5 touchbacks against the Saints. If he would have run the ****ing ball down the field like he's supposed to instead of putting his knee down in the endzone after every GD kickoff by the Saints, he would've had over 150+ yards.

By the way --- this brings up a point I wanted to make for next year. First off, I think the scoring was perfect this year. Only one little tweak -- change the flexspot for the WR/TE to WR/RB. Seriously, how many times has ANYONE started two TEs the same week?