PDA

View Full Version : Happy Pioneer Day!

DiscGo
07-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Happy Pioneer Day!

RugerShooter
07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Same to you, so how many of you have to work today?
I do.

KapitanSparrow
07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Happy Pioneer Day! I am too at work. But only for two more hours, heh.

DiscGo
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
I obviously am at work, but at least I get time and a half.

Mooseman70
07-24-2008, 09:03 PM
I enjoyed my day OFF of work. Gotta love workin' for the MAN! :haha:

Only thing that blows is that I've gotta work tomorrow. Otherwise, I could've pulled a 4 day weekend outta this one. That would've been very nice.

Shan
07-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Happy Belated "Pie and Beer" Day! Had me a cherry rhubarb pie with Blue Moon. Mmmm :2thumbs:

bbennett
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Blue Moon? I didn't know you could get those here in good ol' Utah.

bbennett
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
I usually don't celebrate the 24th but since I was out of town for the 4th, I figured I'd get some fireworks for my boys and make the 24th special this year.
I swung by one of those fireworks stands and about shat myself when the teller told me that my total was nearly $100. Oh well, I thought, the kids are gonna love it.
My mom stopped by to watch what we had and to spend a little time with her grandsons. She was nice enough to bring some little connectible glow sticks for the boys. They liked them so much that they really didn't care about the fireworks. So my $100 firework display was out shined by my moms $3 glow sticks.
I started to light them off with the hope that they'd see them and come watch. When that didn't work, I just kept lighting them out of spite. They finally got around to sitting down to watch after about half of them were gone. Then when it was all done, they complained that we didn't have more.
I'm way too soft. There's no way that my dad would have let me get away with acting like that.
I think from now on, I'll just buy empty boxes for Christmas (it seems like they play with those more than their gifts) and glow sticks for the fourth.

Gutpiler_Utahn
07-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I worked yesterday, but I get a floating holiday I can take any time I want in the next three months. :2thumbs: Gotta love it. :popcorn: