PDA

View Full Version : Bad Cookies

R
07-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Just FYI: I've had some login problems at Bogley lately, so I deleted all my bogley cookies and restarted my browser, and that solved the problem. -R

tanya
07-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Now I want some milk and cookies :ne_nau:

Peanut Butter!!!!

http://www.cookiemadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/vegan-peanut-butter-cookies.jpg

Jaxx
07-10-2008, 10:03 AM
love pb cookies. Also on the top of my list is gorilla poo and oatmeal raisin. :2thumbs:

DiscGo
07-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I have had that problem a bunch with Bogley and no other site Richard. I don't know what causes it.

tanya
07-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh! Those looks so good! About all I can stomach right now is a good cookie..... nothing else is worth eating at the moment!

Cookies to die for!

Heath Bar Cookies Recipe
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped Heath Bar pieces (Eight 1.4 ounce bars)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Method

Heath Bars are popular American chocolate-covered-toffee candy bars. Heath Bar toffee bits are often available in the baking section of grocery stores. Either chopped up candy bars or the bits can be used for this recipe. The bars have chocolate, the bits don't.

1 Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine Heath Bar pieces and chopped walnuts. Set aside.

2 Cream butter until fluffy. Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy (a couple minutes). Beat in eggs one at a time, and vanilla.

3 Alternatively mix in the Heath Bar mixture and the flour mixture, a third at a time, until well blended. Chill cookie dough for at least 30 minutes (better an hour).

4 Preheat oven to 350

Sombeech
07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Here's what causes it.... If you log into bogley, then close your browser without logging out, it still thinks you're logged in for a few minutes.

Log out before closing the browser.

...or, you can go to another site without logging out, but before you shut your browser down altogether, make it back to bogley and log out.

You won't see this as much with other sites because you're probably logging in more often to bogley, not just browsing.

It will eventually time out and automatically log you out for a few minutes, but if you can't log in, and SEE your name at the bottom of the main forum page as being logged in... that's it.

Sombeech
07-10-2008, 11:21 AM
You normally don't have to log out of a site just to close the browser, but the nature of this forum is to log in and out very often all day long; sometimes closing your browser then logging back in within 15 minutes again. That's not a normal trend for most other websites.

DiscGo
07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
I have two family websites that I check as often as Bogley. I only have this problem with Bogley. I don't know what that means.... but there you go.

KapitanSparrow
07-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Glad someone brought it up again. It happened to me today at work and I knew there was a thread somewhere but I was too lazy look so I prayed that someone would have the same issue and there you go ;-) Solution found, problem solved, heh.

Sombeech
07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
I have two family websites that I check as often as Bogley. I only have this problem with Bogley. I don't know what that means.... but there you go.

What kind of sites? What software/template? If it's like myfamily.com , I think that's different. It's probably just the way these phpbb forums are set up.

That being said, do you close your browser without logging out? Even so, it all depends on your cookies. You can set your options specifically for bogley.com for your browser cookies, this may help.

Next time this happens, take a mental note of how long ago it was that you were last on bogley.com

DiscGo
07-10-2008, 08:40 PM
www.BurtsRule.com

It is a standard message board, hosted by excoboard.com (free site). I only pay for the domain forward to keep the name BurtsRule.com.

I use firefox at home, and I was looking for a solution for my sign-in problems here, and I decided to use the CookieSwap extension. I have one set of cookies for my wife, one for a guest, and I have two different sets of cookies for myself. If Bogley does not let me sign in, I just switch my cookies to my back up, and I am in.

Anyway, I always recommend that you switch to firefox, and I recommend using the cookie swap as long as you are going to use Firefox. This way nobody ever has to sign you out of your email account, bogley, facebook, etc. They just rick click the application in the bottom right and select their name.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/DiscGo/Website/1b55f133.jpg

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3255

RugerShooter
07-11-2008, 06:08 AM
I never "log out" I just close my browser when I am done. I never have had problems with my cookies. I use Firefox.

DiscGo
07-11-2008, 06:27 AM
BTW- Tanya, your recipe sounds great. I am going to probably try those tomorrow.

DiscGo
07-20-2008, 01:43 PM
My wife and I make Tanya's heathbar cookies yesterday. Macey's had score bars 4 for a dollar and heath bars were 88 cents a piece, so we used score instead of heath, but they were still awesome. Thanks Tanya!

bbennett
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Ever since I downloaded the new Firefox, I absolutely can not log in to Bogley. I have to use another browser to access it. It's the only site that I have this problem with. I have no idea why this is, but I still mange to make it onto the site; just not as conveniently as before. :ne_nau:

abirken
07-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Ever since I downloaded the new Firefox, I absolutely can not log in to Bogley. I have to use another browser to access it. It's the only site that I have this problem with. I have no idea why this is, but I still mange to make it onto the site; just not as conveniently as before. :ne_nau:

I had this problem for a while and it still happens occasionally. When I clear out the cookies, it's better...... :2thumbs:

bbennett
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM

I had this problem for a while and it still happens occasionally. When I clear out the cookies, it's better...... :2thumbs:

You're my hero, Allyson :hail2thechief: . Now I can make Bogley my homepage again :banana:

abirken
07-21-2008, 11:21 AM

You're my hero, Allyson :hail2thechief: . Now I can make Bogley my homepage again :banana:

I better be! :lol8: Actually Beech filled me in on this little tidbit of info. :2thumbs: