PDA

View Full Version : Mid Mountain Trail

KapitanSparrow
07-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I did not see a TR on this trail in Park City. I went there on Friday and it was tough. It was my first time mountain biking. Got some pics but it wouldn't be a decent TR. Hard to say how far I got but I turned back. Can you guys give me an idea how it rates difficulty wise in comparison to other trails? Oh yeah, and I got a flat tire - it was fine on Friday but by yesterday I realized it was flat.

fourtycal
07-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I did not see a TR on this trail in Park City. I went there on Friday and it was tough. It was my first time mountain biking. Got some pics but it wouldn't be a decent TR. Hard to say how far I got but I turned back. Can you guys give me an idea how it rates difficulty wise in comparison to other trails? Oh yeah, and I got a flat tire - it was fine on Friday but by yesterday I realized it was flat.

I have never ridden the trail either but I hear it's great.
Flat tires are part of the gig, My bike has tire liners, slime in the tubes and I still always bring an extra tube, patch kit, tire levers and a pump. You riding Dog Lake with us tomorrow?

KapitanSparrow
07-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Guadelupe is fixing the radiator in me car tomorrow, heh. It will cook going up the canyon without a new unit. Plus I think I need to get some practice so as to not slow you guys down, or even worse, look like an ass, heh. I am riding some trail on Guardsman's Pass that leads to a lake on Saturday. I'll join you one of these days.

KapitanSparrow
07-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Can you get that slime in on tubes with the Presta valve?

REDFOX
07-07-2008, 09:18 PM
You have to buy a presta valve style tube already filled with slime from the manufacturer. Specialized sells that type of tube. I preferred drilling my rims to put in the schrader style tubes, however, my rims were wide enough to not weaken them as much.

KapitanSparrow
07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the info, guys!

accadacca
07-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Who uses presta? Seriously. :haha:

KapitanSparrow
07-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Heh, it came with the bike! :ne_nau:

KapitanSparrow
07-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I gotta steal some non-Presta wheels

Teleken
07-08-2008, 11:38 AM

Uhh, real bikers. :eek2:

EDIT: Just bustin' on ya, valves smalves all that matters is riding.
But Schrader valves on bike are as gay as a Prius.

James_B_Wads2000
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Hey! Quit all the damn Prius bashing you Nazis. :haha:

James

accadacca
07-09-2008, 10:20 PM

Uhh, real bikers. :eek2:
Easy. I drive a beemer and if we ever ride together we'll find out who is eating the dust. :nod: :five:

greyhair biker
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
:roflol: :roflol: you guys crack me up! I run both schrader and presta...mostly presta, because thats how these sets of wheels I have are set up. If you drill em out for schrader then you can put a rubber adapter in the rim if you ever want/need to go to a presta again. 'everyone' sells schrader...any bikeshop worth its salt sells both.
I like prestas because when your changing/fixing/whatever you can put the set nut just on the threads and you wont loose your stem back in the hole & it keeps in a 90degree angle instead of sliding past the hole.
whatever works right? :haha:

fourtycal
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Can you get that slime in on tubes with the Presta valve?

There are Presta tubes out there that have a threaded stem for removal but they are hard to find. I take a cheap presta tube, poke a small hole in it then stretch it over the pointed tip on the bottle of Slime or Stans and inject then a small patch over the hole and ride it.
:2thumbs:

fourtycal
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
you guys crack me up! I run both schrader and presta...mostly presta, because thats how these sets of wheels I have are set up. :

Presta on MTN & Road bikes, Schrader on BMX and kids bikes :2thumbs:

you wont loose your stem back in the hole & it keeps in a 90degree angle instead of sliding past the hole.
whatever works right?

:shock: :oops:
:haha:

TreeHugger
07-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Soooooooooo, back to your original post (I swear you guys are ADHD!) :mrgreen: heehee, just kidding!

I think the Mid Mountain trail itself is pretty moderate, the problem is that there is no easy way to get up to it, unless you take the chairlift up, which is a great alternative if you shuttle back from the end, return on the road or do an out and back, as far as you want. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it, from this side of the Wasatch...

You said it was your first ride... as a beginner, try riding Prospector or Round Valley - both really fun, beginner rides. I like to do them both in one shot. If you want to meet sometime, I'll be happy to take you out - Round Valley can be confusing and there are many many side trails. I've got a really great 9 mile loop I can introduce you to.

The trails around Jeremy Ranch are pretty easy too, overall. A lot of climbing if you go certain directions, but it's not hard climbing at all. I really really like the Flying Dog loop, counterclockwise.