PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd Share.

Bo_Beck
07-04-2008, 08:08 PM
How I met My Wife

The internet is an amazing place. Sometimes a place to find our wildest desires; sometimes a place to just soothe an immediate whim. One thing is evident to me after presenting my thoughts, and occurences, is that one has to be very careful, and deliberate before

Iceaxe
07-04-2008, 09:03 PM
:2thumbs:

http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/thing-called-love.jpg

Cirrus2000
07-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Fantastic tale, Bo - thanks for sharing it. And congratulations on your 25th Anniversary!

oldno7
07-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Congrats Bo---Heres to your next 25
Great story

erial
07-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Raising my water bottle: with best wishes for another glorious 25.

So how are you all celebrating this 25? disneyworld? branson? photos?

abirken
07-05-2008, 09:11 AM
And this is the kind of love that movies are made from!!!! What an amazing journey both as a young man and into your life with the woman you love. Happy 25th ya'll!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :nod:

DiscGo
07-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Bo, you are already my canyoneering hero, and are quickly working your way of the ranks with me. Your parents sounds awesome! I love that they followed their dreams like that, and you story was incredible. This whole story could easily be a movie. Man, that was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

sparker1
07-05-2008, 06:25 PM
You have led an amazing life, so you deserve an amazing woman. Congratulations to you both on this happiest occasion. And, best wishes for many, many more.

savanna3313
07-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Truly a story for the ages! Congratulations and best wishes for many more happy years together. :2thumbs:

Kent K25
07-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Para Bens! Que os proximo vinte anos sejam melhores que os primeiros!

tanya
07-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Very Sweet!

Thanks for being there for me this last week too! You are the best! :hail2thechief:

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 06:58 PM

http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/thing-called-love.jpg

Thanks! Yep it's been a great 25 years!

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Fantastic tale, Bo - thanks for sharing it. And congratulations on your 25th Anniversary!

I always love sharing. Maria is an amazing woman and I look forward to spending another 25 (or more!) years with her!

Thanks!
:nod:

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Congrats Bo---Heres to your next 25
Great story

Thanks Kurt! It has been a great adventure with a wonderful person. :nod:

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Raising my water bottle: with best wishes for another glorious 25.

So how are you all celebrating this 25? disneyworld? branson? photos?

Thanks Jeff :2thumbs:

We have been pretty tied up here at home remodeling, so we took some walks and then spent some great time with each other at home reminiscing. It was a very relaxing, happy time for both of us!
:nod:

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Bo, you are already my canyoneering hero, and are quickly working your way of the ranks with me. Your parents sounds awesome! I love that they followed their dreams like that, and you story was incredible. This whole story could easily be a movie. Man, that was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

You make me smile! I truely miss my dad, but my mother is still going strong in Southern NM. They both gave me my appreciation and zest for life. Maria and I go to NM as much as we can to share in the wonderful stories that my mother has. Maybe someday I can convince Maria that we should just liquidate, buy a boat and find a deserted island somewhere? :nod:

Thank you! :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 07:13 PM
You have led an amazing life, so you deserve an amazing woman. Congratulations to you both on this happiest occasion. And, best wishes for many, many more.

Thanks Stan. My wife truely is amazing and I love her dearly. :nod:

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Truly a story for the ages! Congratulations and best wishes for many more happy years together. :2thumbs:

Thank You Savanna! One day I'll get around to scanning a few pictures of the journey, race, parties, and most importantly, of my beautiful partner Maria and of Wally and Jane on their dream ride!

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Para Bens! Que os proximo vinte anos sejam melhores que os primeiros!

Onde vive? Nos moramos aqui em Ivins!

Muito obrigado!
:2thumbs: :nod:

Bo_Beck
07-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Very Sweet!

Thanks for being there for me this last week too! You are the best! :hail2thechief:

No Tanya...you are the best! :hail2thechief:
I am so glad that I could lend a hand and give some support. Maria was also very supportive and wishes you all the best :nod:

tanya
07-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Send me what you have on the article and I will work on it some. :five:

Bo_Beck
07-07-2008, 07:11 AM
And this is the kind of love that movies are made from!!!! What an amazing journey both as a young man and into your life with the woman you love. Happy 25th ya'll!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :nod:

Thank you Allison! It truly has been an amazing journey! As we would say here in utah....'prechiate ya'! :nod:

Bo

tanya
07-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Very Sweet!

No Tanya...you are the best! :hail2thechief:
I am so glad that I could lend a hand and give some support. Maria was also very supportive and wishes you all the best :nod:

She has to be since you were out and about looking for me until 2am or so ----- She is a patient woman. Tell her I owe her lunch next time I am in town.

xxoxoxo Give her those for me. :)

Win
07-07-2008, 09:29 AM
A little late to the party but Yo and I want to wish you a Happy Anniversary and here's to another 25. I know how you feel about finding the perfect companion.

Best wishes,
Win

What an interesting life, one most of us would love to have/had.

KapitanSparrow
07-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Congratulations!

Felicia
07-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Bo, this was a wonderful story! I got to read it on my phone as we drove by the exit to your store off the 15....we had just came through Zion.

Someday it would be nice to meet your wife.

I love your stories - you are so very interesting!

Take care!

tanya
07-07-2008, 12:55 PM
She is a hot, Brazillian woman who is very very social! I know she misses the get-to-gethers after hiking that Bo use to have before he met me.. since I go home the other way and his St. George partners would all go to their house for a BBQ and drinks.

She is a hottie guys!

DiscGo
07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I have told your story to several different people who don't know you, just because I think it is so cool.

I truely miss my dad...

My Dad is one of my best friends (I even named my son after him). The other day I was listening to the song "The Impossible" AKA "Unsinkable Ship" by Joe Nichols. There is a part in the song that references that a boy finds out anything is possible when he sees his Dad crying at his Grandfather's funeral (because his Dad never cried) and while I heard that I thought "I'm really going to miss my Dad when he dies". So I called my Dad and told him that someday he would be dead, and I just wanted him to know that I love him and I'll miss him when he is gone.

I thought we were going to share a moment.... instead my Dad just said "that was weird", and then told me he had to get back to work, and just hung up. At least I tried. :haha:

erial
07-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Bo, I've been to/thru New Mexico several times, but just to be sure I pulled out my Walmart Sam's Club Rand McNally Road Atlas and did some serious perusing before finding a spot or two of blue in the Land of Enchantment. So with nary a place to float your boat, how did you and your folks acquire a hankering to go sailing. I also might point out that once upon a time I was an avid viewer of Adventures in Paradise (with Gardner McKay as Captain Adam Troy). Point being there were a lot of pirates, cutthroats, and headhunters out in them waters. How'd your folks deal with all that?

Some rainy day you'll have to regale us with more tales.

Speaking of which, what's with Tanya and 2 a.m? Range Rover deadlined again?

Bo_Beck
07-07-2008, 06:59 PM
A little late to the party but Yo and I want to wish you a Happy Anniversary and here's to another 25. I know how you feel about finding the perfect companion.

Best wishes,
Win

What an interesting life, one most of us would love to have/had.

Thank you Win! I admire you and Yo bunches! It is great to have the perfect partner. I could never ask for or want it differently.

I was very fortunate to have been able to share in my parents dream. Something I could never ask for or want differently once again! The only thing I wish is that dad could still be here so that mom and him could be together once again.

Bo_Beck
07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Congratulations!

Thanks! :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
07-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Bo, this was a wonderful story! I got to read it on my phone as we drove by the exit to your store off the 15....we had just came through Zion.

Someday it would be nice to meet your wife.

I love your stories - you are so very interesting!

Take care!

Dang technology is something else?! Who'd of ever thought we'd be reading our telephones, while driving at that! Awesome!

I'm sure you'd love her! She is a loveable woman and loves to meet people. You will think you've known her for ever within 5 minutes of meeting her.

We'll have to get together one of these days for sure!

Thanks Felicia! :2thumbs:

Bo

Bo_Beck
07-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I just wanted him to know that I love him and I'll miss him when he is gone. I thought we were going to share a moment.... instead my Dad just said "that was weird", and then told me he had to get back to work, and just hung up. At least I tried. :haha:

I can understand. He already knows that he'll be missed. Why dwell on something that is a given. I do know though that I think of my dad and have thought about him every day for the past 4 years, but my mother is still here and has so much to give and share. I will miss her greatly, but I want her to know that we are here and wish to revel the time we spend together.

Just keep telling him that you love him. That is what is important.

Bo_Beck
07-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Bo, I've been to/thru New Mexico several times, but just to be sure I pulled out my Walmart Sam's Club Rand McNally Road Atlas and did some serious perusing before finding a spot or two of blue in the Land of Enchantment. So with nary a place to float your boat, how did you and your folks acquire a hankering to go sailing. I also might point out that once upon a time I was an avid viewer of Adventures in Paradise (with Gardner McKay as Captain Adam Troy). Point being there were a lot of pirates, cutthroats, and headhunters out in them waters. How'd your folks deal with all that?

Mom and dad always spent time on the water, whether whitewater conoeing on their Old Town Canoe on the Willamet? River in Oregon, powerboating on Conchas Lake in E. NM, Elephant Butte in S. central NM or even our trips to Lake Powell in the mid and late 1960's. Dad even introduced me to Keenin Winn and Gregory Peck at a tiny resturant in Page somewhere around 1969? when they were shooting a film "Mcginnis Gold". The real story about the oceans came from their 2 week "bareboat charters" every year to the Carribean with good friends from Phoenix starting in the early 1960's up until they got serious and bought their first Sailboat in 1975.

Some rainy day you'll have to regale us with more tales.
Speaking of which, what's with Tanya and 2 a.m? Range Rover deadlined again?

I'll have to let her expound on this story, but essentially a trip to the hospital and confusion as to where she would be afterwards took me on a "wild Tanya chase". I finally caught up with her at somewhere around 2AM after 8 hours of getting the run-around. I was glad to be at her side to offer a little support.