PDA

View Full Version : Ah'ight, what the hell you doing for the 4th??

accadacca
07-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I am going to a ReAL soccer game on Thursday night. Sleeping in Friday and then I'll mow the lawn and do yard work. :lol8: I need to take out some trees to get ready for a playground. The damn thing is supposed to take 25-30 hours to assemble. Hell. :eek2:

I might take my 5 YO for a hike or something on Saturday. Didn't Iceaxe have an easy hike list around here somewhere? Need to find that. Fireworks somewhere will have to happen and maybe a rodeo? :ne_nau: A trip to Sonic for a fresh fruit slushie. :nod:

Whacha got planned? :popcorn:

JP
07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Picnic, wheelin' & fishin' :haha: What else :mrgreen:

accadacca
07-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Picnic, wheelin' & fishin' :haha: What else :mrgreen:
But of course JP! :five: ..And raisin' hell?

JP
07-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Who me raise hell :lol8: Only when I know I'm getting under someone's skin :haha:

accadacca
07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah and we didn't see that "no trespassing" sign the other night either. :jump_nutt:

JP
07-02-2008, 11:01 PM
:ne_nau:

accadacca
07-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Hell. I guess my dew is gone and I am making no sense now.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12679
http://www.bogley.com/forum/files/imgp1549__medium__349.jpg

JP
07-02-2008, 11:18 PM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

sparker1
07-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Gonna fire up the old motor home and drive to a beach-side campground, where the twin grand-daughters (7 YO) will spend a week with us. Their Dad will bring his boat so we'll explore some new places up various rivers and off the coast. Plans are to have some great cook-outs, too. However, our daily thunder storms may interfere.

Win
07-03-2008, 06:14 AM
We're heading to Beaver for Friday and Saturday. Probably go to Fremont Indian State Pk on Friday. Saturday we plan to drive up to Anderson Meadow in Fishlake N.F and do a hike or two. Taking the Jeep and will probably do a few back roads.

I tore up my right ankle the other day so I'll probably be hobbling more than hiking.

Everybody have a great three day weekend!!

Win

live2ride
07-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Alright here are the plans, I will post what I actually do get around to doing. Thursday night, go camping @ cozzy and do some fishing in the camp kiesel ponds (shhhhh!) Friday I will be at the dam all day rasing some hell and the waverunners and then a little firework action, saturday morning I am biking in Logan, and thats all!!!

R
07-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Working literally dawn to dusk. It is one of my busiest days of the year. It starts with covering the Fireball Classic 5k and 10k runs, goes all day in Wintersmith Park with the police v firefighters softball game, the Kiddie Olympics sponsored by Proud Young Americans for Truth (PYAT), the Waterworks games in the afternoon, live music all day, and finally ending with the fireworks over Wintersmith Lake after dark. It's not a bad way to spend the day working. It actually started this morning, with OG&E and the Ada Fire Department raising the giant flag at the entrance to the park...

http://myweb.cableone.net/abbysm/pix/flagunfurled01.jpg

abirken
07-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Slightly annoyed with my plans actually. Mostly b/c I have none. We can't make up our minds. Supposed to go to SLC tonight to spend the weekend with friends but that got scratched. Don't want to hang out in our little town for another 4th, but the options are dwindling. :ne_nau:

trackrunner
07-03-2008, 08:11 AM
canyoneering :mrgreen:

KapitanSparrow
07-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Slightly annoyed with my plans actually. Mostly b/c I have none. We can't make up our minds. Supposed to go to SLC tonight to spend the weekend with friends but that got scratched. Don't want to hang out in our little town for another 4th, but the options are dwindling. :ne_nau:

You're not coming to SLC? :-(

Hopefuly we will bike tomorrow morning, hike the Big Water trail on Saturday morning, go out with a couple of friends on Saturday night, recover on Sunday ;-)

abirken
07-03-2008, 08:24 AM

Hopefuly we will bike tomorrow morning, hike the Big Water trail on Saturday morning, go out with a couple of friends on Saturday night, recover on Sunday ;-)

I KNOW!!! I was going to ask if you wanted to go throw down some booze with me. It'd be fun to play a heathen in a mostly non-heathen town. HAHA!!! :haha: :2thumbs: I'll get out there for sure this summer though. Our friends are taking off to Vegas this weekend for family junk. :roll:

Alex
07-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Going down to Westwater (rafting)....BIG WATER!!! :eek2:

DWayne27
07-03-2008, 09:45 AM
anyone celebrated the 4th in brian head before? i hear they have a pretty cool firework show and what not...

savanna3313
07-03-2008, 12:06 PM

I KNOW!!! I was going to ask if you wanted to go throw down some booze with me. It'd be fun to play a heathen in a mostly non-heathen town. HAHA!!! :haha: :2thumbs: I'll get out there for sure this summer though. Our friends are taking off to Vegas this weekend for family junk. :roll:

Girl - there are plenty of heathens here in SLC! :twisted: :haha: If I didn't have company in from Houston (your old home!) I'd invite you to stay at my house. It's supposed to be really hot the next few days, but since I'm not the one BBQ-ing, it's ok. :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I guess it's true what they say about finding good in the little things. My friend has been in the hospital for the past two weeks after a heart attack. I know, it sucks. But the good thing is that he is at Bellevue Hospital located right on the East River on the 17th floor in room with a court-side view of the annual Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular :haha:

abirken
07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Girl - there are plenty of heathens here in SLC! :twisted: :haha: If I didn't have company in from Houston (your old home!) I'd invite you to stay at my house. It's supposed to be really hot the next few days, but since I'm not the one BBQ-ing, it's ok. :2thumbs:

HAHA!!! More heathens the better. Even better when they have a little southern blood coursing thru the veins. :2thumbs: Dang! Well when I do make it up that way, you and I can paint the town red for sure. :2thumbs: Enjoy your weekend! What'chall BBQ-ing?

savanna3313
07-03-2008, 12:35 PM

HAHA!!! More heathens the better. Even better when they have a little southern blood coursing thru the veins. :2thumbs: Dang! Well when I do make it up that way, you and I can paint the town red for sure. :2thumbs: Enjoy your weekend! What'chall BBQ-ing?

Probably the usual.....hot dogs, hamburgers and bratwurst. Maybe chicken. When there's a lot of people we usually don't do steaks. :haha: I'm bringing gallons of iced tea and what we refer to as the "church social salad". I really like that recipe you put up for your salad and made a copy of it. The church social salad goes over big with the kids and everyone usually. Red kidney beans, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, sharp grated cheddar cheese and Catalina dressing. Right before adding the dressing you toss in Fritos.

Mooseman70
07-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Gotta work an OT shift tomorrow AM for the City's parade. :roll: This year the 4th falls on my regular day off, and I still get to come in to work. :frustrated:

After that....... it's anybody's guess. We'll probably stay close to home this year. I don't even have any fireworks.

sparker1
07-03-2008, 01:38 PM
We have a fresh pork ham on the smoker, along with some pork ribs. These will be for later in the week, as we plan to grill steaks, shrimp and scallops on the 4th. Yep, it's a week-long food fest. :nod:

Ih8grvty
07-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Gotta stick around till the early afternoon friday.
My sons birthday, got the parade in tooele he will be in in the morning, then his bday party, then we are heading to the uintas! I just hope I dont have to shovel snow for a place to put a tent.

Felicia
07-03-2008, 07:15 PM
We left the house this morning at 8am for Vegas. Got to the top of the hill just before State Line and the car over heated really bad. Turned around and when home to get the truck. Made it to Vegas at 5pm. :frustrated:

No more road trips for my little car. It's a 2003 corolla with over 190,000 miles. We have had a great time in that car. :haha:

Checked into the hotel and we got a free upgrade! Now we are in a huge suite with food/spirits having just been delivered by room service. :2thumbs:

We go through Zion tomorrow and spend the night in Kanab. Saturday we will spend the night at the North Rim visiting my daughter. Home on Sunday in time to go to work on Monday. :five:

Off to Margaritaville!!!

:rockon:

KapitanSparrow
07-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm waking up at 5 or so as we're going biking somewhere around Park City. I just got me a pair of those special biking shorts - not very comfortable I must say. Also, REI sucks for not having biking gloves for people with big hands, at least not a big selection - I had to choose between two types of xxl gloves :-( Hopefully I'll have some picks tomorrow.

Scott P
07-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Whacha got planned?

We climbed Mount of the Holy Cross. Here are some photos (more will be added to the album later):

http://www.summitpost.org/album/418425/mount-of-the-holy-cross-july-3-4-2008.html

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/418417.JPG

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/418418.JPG

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/418419.JPG

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/418421.JPG

http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/418423.JPG