PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Sacrament Meeting Talk I have Ever Heard

tallsteve
07-02-2008, 08:34 AM
For you LDS folks out there you'll love this one and even if you're not, you'll get a kick out of it too. This past weekend we culminated our family reunion by attending Sacrament Meeting at my parents' ward in Kaysville. The concluding speaker gets up and the first thing he does is pull a PINK STUFFED ANIMAL PIG out of a bag and sets it on the podium. He then proceeds to tell us that he knows the First Presidency just released a statement about NOT having visual aides for Sac. Mtg. talks but since he wanted to bring 7 but only brought 1 instead he thought that would be OK! Red flags shot up right there! He then spoke for several minutes about absolutely nothing- just rambling all over the place- no gospel message, no scriptures, no church leader quotes- nothing. Half way through his talk he mentions that during his time spent in Vietnam every one around him said the "F" word. He's in construction now and everybody says the "F" word so now he says the "F" word all the time too, but his "F" word is "Friend". The meeting is supposed to end at 4:00 but he goes on for another 10 minutes! At the end of his talk he picks up the pink pig, pulls the cord and the pig plays "My Girl"! The whole song! All 3 minutes worth! He then says that that song was his favorite song from the 60's and that he just wanted us to hear it, then he sat down! We all sat there totally stunned and dismayed as to why the Bishop didn't stop him half way through. The other thing we couldn't believe was that we just sat there and didn't get up and leave half way through either! The absolutely worst Sacrament Meeting talk I have ever heard!

Deathcricket
07-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Sorry non LDS here.... What's the sacrament meeting? Is that similar to communion in other churchs.. Eat the bread, drink the wine kinda thing?

Anyways, I can just picture the look on everyone's face being stuck going into overtime with a speaker who makes jokes that aren't funny and a message that isn't relevant.

Did this guy finish the sermon off afterwards?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6lHHQu4CIos

James_B_Wads2000
07-02-2008, 09:09 AM
He then spoke for several minutes about absolutely nothing- just rambling all over the place-

In my experience this describes about 90% of all sacrament meeting talks I have heard.

Pink pig, I never saw one of those. Did the pig

Iceaxe
07-02-2008, 09:25 AM
OK.... I've only been to about 10 LDS Sacrament meetings in my life.... but my very first one was by far the best.....

This woman gets up to bare her testimony and confesses to having sex with two different men in the ward, and then names the men. The woman's husband and family were sitting in the meeting. The two men and their families were sitting in the meeting..... and this was the first time any of the families or spouses heard anything about any of this...... The entire audience was held spell bound by the woman's every word.

Now I'm sitting there thinking.... these Sacrament meetings are pretty dang cool, guess I'll have to come more often. :five:

Anyhoo.... I did live in this ward and of course it became a major neighborhood scandal..... I mean really, isn't the whole reason folks go to church is so they can learn to judge? :haha:

But one thing I'm still a little confused about.... what does your testimony and admitting an affair have to do with each other? :ne_nau:

My biggest disappointment in this entire deal was when I discovered this was not the usual way of Sacrament meetings... that and the woman had no visual aids...

:popcorn:

Don
07-02-2008, 09:42 AM
This woman gets up to bare her testimony and confesses to having sex with two different men in the ward, and then names the men. The woman's husband and family were sitting in the meeting. The two men and their families were sitting in the meeting..... and this was the first time any of the families or spouses heard anything about any of this...... The entire audience was held spell bound by the woman's every word.

Oh, I would so go back to church for a sunday service like that! Awesome.

I do remember in the early '90s there was a white buffalo born in the midwest and it made the news because of it's rarity and some poor guy stood up to bare his testimony that Jesus would return by the end of the year because the white buffalo was a native american, and thus Lamanite, sign of his coming. I wish he would have been allowed to continue as I'm sure there was comedy gold lurking nearby, but the bishop stopped him and asked him to go wait in his office. That was my favorite part; the bishop made this guy go sit in his office until the end of the meeting.
:roflol:

trackrunner
07-02-2008, 09:49 AM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7061/deliverzl7.jpg
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/thread-delivers2.jpg
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/thread-delivers.jpg

Sombeech
07-02-2008, 09:55 AM
jeez. Yeah, I would have just got up, made sure the dude saw me, and walked out. Besides, that's cutting into my nap time.

You gotta love the people who just cry through it too, thanking their spouses, family and friends.

Thanktamonies.

Redpb
07-02-2008, 09:56 AM

Oh, I would so go back to church for a sunday service like that! Awesome.

I do remember in the early '90s there was a white buffalo born in the midwest and it made the news because of it's rarity and some poor guy stood up to bare his testimony that Jesus would return by the end of the year because the white buffalo was a native american, and thus Lamanite, sign of his coming. I wish he would have been allowed to continue as I'm sure there was comedy gold lurking nearby, but the bishop stopped him and asked him to go wait in his office. That was my favorite part; the bishop made this guy go sit in his office until the end of the meeting.

20+ years of sacrament meetings and I never witnessed this good of material. All I got was truck driver Bob who would give his testimony by relating a story. However, he would always go off on a tangent. 8 tangents later, I'm not kidding, he would finish. Always good entertainment but you never knew the ending of any of his 'on the road' stories.

Iceaxe
07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
but the bishop stopped him and asked him to go wait in his office. That was my favorite part; the bishop made this guy go sit in his office until the end of the meeting.

The guy actually went and sat in the bishops office..... :roflol:

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

Mooseman70
07-02-2008, 10:13 AM
OK.... I've only been to about 10 LDS Sacrament meetings in my life.... but my very first one was by far the best.....

Now I'm sitting there thinking.... these Sacrament meetings are pretty dang cool, guess I'll have to come more often. :five:

Anyhoo.... I did live in this ward and of course it became a major neighborhood scandal..... I mean really, isn't the whole reason folks go to church is so they can learn to judge? :haha:

But one thing I'm still a little confused about.... what does your testimony and admitting an affair have to do with each other? :ne_nau:

My biggest disappointment in this entire deal was when I discovered this was not the usual way of Sacrament meetings... that and the woman had no visual aids...

:lol2: Oh, man! :roflol: :lol8: Dude, that is friggin' classic! :lol8: :roflol: :roll_lol:

That's why I call it "Starve and tell your story".

sparker1
07-02-2008, 10:14 AM

If you ever needed a pink pig. :naughty:

MY T PIMP
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
jeez. Yeah, I would have just got up, made sure the dude saw me, and walked out. Besides, that's cutting into my nap time.

You gotta love the people who just cry through it too, thanking their spouses, family and friends.

Thanktamonies.

I've got some words on our sacrement Mtgs growing up; Elnora Heslop, Tracy Rausey, and all the fowers girls. They could of ended our drought with those testimony mtg tears. :cry1:

I kept thinking "Come over hear and I'll give you something to cry about."

trackrunner
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Church going overtime, the reason concealed weapons are needed in church. :nod:

accadacca
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
That story cracked me up big time tallsteve and everyone else too. Good thread. :haha:

DiscGo
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I have enjoyed most everyone's stories. Bunnies playing song and women confessing to affairs make for a more exciting church.

One of my favorite meeting had a woman talk about how her husband was shooting blanks. It was awesome to see him slide down in his seat and try and hide.

I am with Shane. Would that church were always so interesting.

trackrunner
07-02-2008, 02:54 PM
One of my favorite meeting had a woman talk about how her husband was shooting blanks. It was awesome to see him slide down in his seat and try and hide.

http://www.ww2-blanks.com/BritBlanks.jpg

. . . oh you mean blanks :naughty: :roflol:

shlingdawg
07-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Back when I was the church-going kind - I always teased about deducting 1% from my tithes for every minute church went over.

rockgremlin
07-02-2008, 03:17 PM
It has always surprised me that the first presidency hasn't put a stop to turning the minutes of the meeting over to the general public. Barely half of the time is the material relevant, let alone spiritual.

I think the church needs a serious overhaul on some issues, starting with fast n testamony meetings...

shaggy125
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I once saw a kid who had just come home from a mission get up and bear his testimony about this awesome new business opportunity he had come into and how he knew if he worked hard and found others to join under him he would be successful... and on and on about some pyramid scheme. He even went as far as to tell people to talk to him after church if they were interested in hearing more about it :roflol: .

Don
07-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Back when I was the church-going kind - I always teased about deducting 1% from my tithes for every minute church went over.

Awesome. Deducting your time from gods paycheck; I love that! :roflol:

Iceaxe
07-02-2008, 03:33 PM

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

tallsteve
07-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I once saw a kid who had just come home from a mission get up and bear his testimony about this awesome new business opportunity he had come into and how he knew if he worked hard and found others to join under him he would be successful... and on and on about some pyramid scheme. He even went as far as to tell people to talk to him after church if they were interested in hearing more about it :roflol: .

As the proud parent of a returned missionary I would have been absolutely mortified if my son had done that! I think I have enough guts that I would have walked up to the podium and put a stop to that nonsense. Holy shnikey!

shaggy125
07-02-2008, 04:29 PM
As the proud parent of a returned missionary I would have been absolutely mortified if my son had done that! I think I have enough guts that I would have walked up to the podium and put a stop to that nonsense. Holy shnikey!

It was at a singles ward, so no Daddy to take him down, I think the Bishop was just about to pull him off the podium before he sat down on his own.

moabfool
07-02-2008, 04:33 PM
This dude knew what he was doing. Pure evil genious :twisted: As long as he lives in that ward he'll never have to speak in church again. He's probably gotten out of teaching very many classes too. It's too bad you had to live through that torture. You should've given him the tie eye.

I've seen the stuffed animal playing the cheesy song thing at a funeral, but never in church. I know why people were crying, and it wasn't because they were sad.

I had a guy in my ward when I was 12 that got asked to teach the 12 and 13 year-old boys. He really didn't want the job and he had a plan to get out of it. He just dropped the f-bomb his very first week as the teacher and his wish was granted. Not long after that he decided he wanted Sundays off and a 10% raise.

Mooseman70
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
When I first moved to Utah in late 2004, I went to a Sacrament meeting in Orem where my wife's cousin and family were blessing their newborn baby. Since they do that on the same Sunday as testimony meetings are held, I got to sit back and listen for the rest of the meeting.

About half-way through the meeting, a gal in her mid 20's gets up and bears her testimony. She finishes and gets about 3 steps away from the podium when she drops, face first, into the floor with a resounding "THUD". Now, I'm sitting in the very back, and the thud echos throughout the entire chapel. There was a very collective, audible gasp from the congregation, but nobody moved a muscle to help her out.

My wife's Aunt is a nurse, and since I'm first aid trained, we both get up to help out. As we do, a man and woman quickly walk up to where she was laying and sit down in the chairs near her. They are leaning over her, and it looked like giving her aid, so I decided to sit back down. My wife's Aunt continues up to offer her assistance.

After a couple of minutes of this, the Bishop gets up and says that "Sister so-n-so is OK. This happens to her every once in a while, and we'll go ahead and continue with the meeting as scheduled." :eek2: I couldn't believe it! This gal was still out cold on the floor near the podium and hadn't moved a muscle since she dropped!

The Bishop sits back down and some other congregation members get up and actually STEP OVER this gal to get to the podium to speak! :shock: I couldn't believe I was watching this happen! :lol8:

My wife's Aunt came back to her seat, so I asked her what was wrong with the gal. She said that the man and woman up there with the gal was her Mother and Brother. They told my wife's Aunt that this gal had a "Vagas-nerve disorder" :ne_nau: where her brain "reset" itself whenever she got stressed out, thus the reason she passed out and dropped like a rock. :eek2:

So for the next 20 minutes or so, folks continued to go up to the podium and step over this gal as she was unconcious on the floor. Unbelieveable! :lol8:

The gal came to just before the closing prayer, but she stayed down on the floor until everyone was pretty much out of the chapel. I stayed to see if she got up or not, which she did, but she looked pretty embarassed as she was helped down off of the stand.

DiscGo
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
TrackRunner-
I liked your blanks post. :D

Mooseman:
I laughed so hard at the visual image of people stepping over that woman. Man that is funny!

Iceaxe
07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
"Vagas-nerve disorder" :ne_nau: where her brain "reset" itself whenever she got stressed out, thus the reason she passed out and dropped like a rock.

Cool.... A Microsoft Brain..... :ne_nau:

Damn you Bill Gates..... :lol8:

KillEmAll
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I've got some words on our sacrement Mtgs growing up; Elnora Heslop, Tracy Rausey, and all the fowers girls. They could of ended our drought with those testimony mtg tears. :cry1:

Pimp, first time Justin took me to church with him as kids it was to fast & testimony and sure enough Elnora let it flow. I honestly thought this was the weirdest church ever. I don't think I went back for a long time after that. I seriously thought that's what went on there every Sunday.

DiscGo
07-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I was once in a testimony meeting where a soldier who came back from Afghanistan got up and showed us the receipt for the bullet he bought to kill his ex-wife (for cheating on him) and then told us he met the missionaries that day and they taught him about forgiveness. That woman got lucky!

Sombeech
07-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I've been to some strange ones away from home. You look around to see what everybody's reaction is, if that's a normal thing there.

Kent K25
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Ok, so mine may not be as good since none of you know the girl...but you'll get the idea at least.

A little background...this was my friends older sister who has always been the one-upper who has to let you know how and why she is better than you even when it is obvious that she is totally full of it.

So she went on her mission to Russia and for those of you who don't know...when you get home you always speak in your home ward with a high council member and in other wards as well. And it's fairly traditional (at least in my hometown) to bare a SHORT testimony in your mission language at the end. (Something I hate since 99.9% of the people have no clue what you're saying). I didn't do it when I got home, til the bishop asked me to get back up and do it, drove me crazy but I did it.

So this girl is speaking before the high council guy and proceeds to take up the ENTIRE meeting going on and on about how wonderful of a missionary she was. As the minutes were counting down everyone realized there would be no rest hymn before the high council speaker, then time passed and it was obvious that there would be no other speaker besides her...then as she had already gone a couple minutes passed meeting cutoff time she starts to bear her testimony in Russian. No big deal, at least she was finishing up...or so we thought. No exaggeration she spoke in Russian for AT LEAST 10 minutes. I don't want to say 15 or 20 because I don't remember, but it was at least 10 minutes. 10 minutes of most likely no one understanding a single word and you could just see her looking around while she was talking knowing that no one spoke Russian and thinking she was the "stuff."

I wanted so badly to speak Russian to see if she even had a clue what she was saying or was just babbling, because she wasn't a smart girl and Russian is surely a hard language.

It was honestly the first time I've ever seen my parents saying things about a speaker when they finished. They're always positive...but not this time. It was out of control.

moab mark
07-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I attended a sacrament meeting in moab a few months ago. There was this young man up on the stand as one of the speakers. He had a 52 oz refillable mountain dew mug under his seat. He kept leaning down taking a drink through out the whole meeting. He thought he was being clever leaning down so no one could see him but everyone could. I couldn't believe the bishop didn't stop him. Then when they were passing the sacrament one of the deacons spilled his bread tray, well he just bent down and scooped all the bread back onto the tray and kept right on passing it. It was quite a experience.
On the tithing issue. I am a Ute fan. I have always stated that I would pay twelve percent instead of ten if none of it would go to byu. Needless to say our bishop who is a cougar fan ain't biting.

Sombeech
07-02-2008, 07:52 PM
And it's fairly traditional (at least in my hometown) to bare a SHORT testimony in your mission language at the end.

I started to say mine in a British accent. Yeah, it got some laughs. :2thumbs:

trackrunner
07-02-2008, 08:04 PM
And it's fairly traditional (at least in my hometown) to bare a SHORT testimony in your mission language at the end.

I started to say mine in a British accent. Yeah, it got some laughs. :2thumbs:
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

My brother went to Ireland where everyone speaks English. But he broke out some Galic (traditional Irish language) phrases he knew about random stuff from soccer to Genuis to church that formed no centence what so ever, but no one knew what he really was saying.

tallsteve
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Mooseman70, your feinting story reminds me of an incident that happened a few months ago (this is off-topic but, hey, I started this thread!). My son was in the middle of chemo and one day he was home alone and the doorbell rang. He said he went and opened the door and there was an older couple standing there looking for someone that doesn't live here. They obviously had the wrong address. Well, my son promptly feinted (which he was prone to do during chemo) right in front of these old farts. Ryan says he remembers them saying something like, "Lets get out of here- he's probably on drugs!" He's laying on the floor, nearly unconscious, and these two old people don't help, don't lift him back up, don't even stick around to see if he was OK, they just skeedaddle! We'll he was on drugs- lots and lots of drugs, but not the kind of drugs they were thinking of! Sad.

Mooseman70
07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
:lol8: Dang, that's harsh! Good thing the ol' fogies didn't have heart attacks after they watched him pass out!

Wasatch Rebel
07-05-2008, 06:24 AM
When I was a kid, this older gentleman got up in Sacrament meeting with some papers in his hand. He proceeded to tell us that he had received a revelation for the Church, and began reading off of these papers he had. Within just a minute or so, the bishop stood up and asked the guy to sit down.

Then there was the time when I was 14 that my friend and I hid in the loft of the Sacrament preparation room, which was up on the stand. In the midst of Sacrament meeting, the door opened, and I could see the bishop looking up at us. Evidently, our loud joking and whisperings could be heard plainly through the thin walls of the attic.

Most recently, a woman in our ward got up during testimony time and proceeded to tell us how she had wanted to have her child vagineally, instead of C-section. She kept on and on about it for about five minutes, emphasizing the portion of the word as "jine" instead of the normal "jin", repeating it over and over again. :lol8:

abirken
07-05-2008, 08:50 AM
WOW! I'm not mormon and I have no idea what a sacrament meeting is (i'm assuming it's like a confession of sorts?), but from the reading in this thread of the topics that are discussed...I may want to consider joining so I could go just for my own entertainment. The above by JIMFLINT is cracking me up right now!!!!!! I feel like I've been missing out after reading thru these..... :roflol:

DiscGo
07-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Sacrament meeting is supposed to be like mass or a general meeting of the congregation, but the first Sunday of the month the meeting is left open for anyone to go up and express their feelings about the Lord and bare testimony of what they believe to be true. It is often more boring than not, but there are a lot of times where people who maybe don't have enough contact at home get up and make things interesting.

Anyway, I can see where it sounds like confession from this thread, and that just makes this extra funny to me.

Mooseman70
07-05-2008, 09:23 PM
In my old Ward in So Cal, there was this kookapottamus :crazy: , Ellie M., who had a pretty bad drug problem. She wasn't active in church by any means, which was a blessing for the most part (i.e. - NOT there to disrupt the meetings), as she was sitting in the Graybar Hotel for months on end.

Every once in a blue moon, Ellie would be released and for whatever reason, it was usually just before the first of the month. We'd have no idea she was out until she'd walk into the chapel in her dirty sweatpants and t-shirt after the meeting was already in session and go straight up to the stand and sit down. There were several other cops in the Ward, and we'd all give each other that look ( :roll: ) when she'd appear. The meeting would go from a Fast & Testimony meeting to a "Starve & Tell Your Story" whenever she'd show up.

She'd get up and start babbling about how she was just released from jail, and that she hadn't smoked meth in over 6 months (sobered up from a stint in the clink), how she's gonna do right this time, blah blah blah blah :blahblah: . Why the Bishop never got up and had her sit down? :ne_nau: Her elderly parents, sister and brother-in-law attended the same Ward, so maybe that's why.

Prior to me moving my family to that little town, Ellie was impregnated by some unfortunate soul - don't know why, as she was so freakin' ugly she'd make a locomotive take a dirt road - and gave birth to a stillborn baby. The Sheriff's office caught her 30 miles away, 3 days later, pushing her dead baby around town in a stroller. :eek2:

When we were expecting our first child, Ellie would constantly ask my wife if she could hold our baby once it was born. My wife would try to be nice and say "We'll see!", but when I caught wind of her asking, I said "Sure! Over my dead body!" :2gun:

Needless to say.... I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

DiscGo
07-06-2008, 06:19 AM
as she was so freakin' ugly she'd make a locomotive take a dirt road

:haha: I have never heard that expression. It is really funny.

accadacca
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
as she was so freakin' ugly she'd make a locomotive take a dirt road

:haha: I have never heard that expression. It is really funny.

Sombeech
07-07-2008, 11:12 PM
A few people get confused and think it's "Open Mic Sunday".

canyonphile
07-08-2008, 06:33 AM
A few people get confused and think it's "Open Mic Sunday".
:roflol: That is AWESOME!

Fascinating (and hilarious at times) this thread has been :haha:

Scott Card
07-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Funny stories everyone. I laughed out loud a couple of times. For those following along, these are the exception not the rule. I have had my share of nut jobs, crazy folks and odd talks in my life, many similar to those already told. The nuttiest were in Brazil and downtown LA. The most recent "interesting" talk came one week before the letter about visual aids not being a part of sacrament meeting was read. A ward member showed up with juggling balls. Started to juggle and throughout his talk he'd do a little juggling here and there. Then at the end he taught us all how to juggle by bouncing the balls of the podium. Thud, Thud, Thud, thud...etc. Oh, and his kid was standing next to him the whole time making faces. Talk about uncomfortable. I guess one positive thing about it was my kids wanted to talk about sacrament meeting after.

Iceaxe
07-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I guess one positive thing about it was my kids wanted to talk about sacrament meeting after.

Heck.... after reading these stories I've considered going to church again. :lol8:

Maybe the Mormon's should post a list on the marquee of those who will be bearing testimony next go around..... I know there are several I'd pay to see again.... :roflol:

:five: :popcorn:

ExpUt
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Anyone every play Testimony Football?

Rules vary as widely as the church itself, but the premise is nearly universal. Prior to game one, players need to set the rules and more importantly pick your team, per NFL rules up to 11 per team. With 30 whack-job families in the average ward, it came down to a precise strategy to know which 11 were going to perform best that week. Of course rules would be continued for the next month, slowly adding to them as new freaks come out of their shells. Ours went something like this.

If Sister Johnson got up to tell us about how hard its been with Fred (her deadbeat husband at the time) not wanting to be active in the church, you got 6 pts. If she mentioned how Fred is a recovering alcoholic with a DUI so he can't drive, you get the extra point. To sweeten things up, if at least 4 of her 7 kids got up there while she whispered in their ears the identical "I love my mom and dad and brothers and sisters, I know the church is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet... amen", you get the 2 point conversion.

If "sweet-spirited" eighteen year old Samantha Jones got up to tell about all here friends that are "steady-dating" and "french-kissing" while simultaneously detailing the fact she doesn't date anyone more than once until she is ready to be married in the temple, you get 6 points. If she brings up the fact another one of her high-school chums is pregnant, you get an extra point. If starts talking about her best friend that "her mom made go on birth control even though she is a saint", you get the 2 point conversion.

If all 11 of your players (families) didn't perform that week, you were simply scouting the others.

20-30 rules like this and sacrament meeting is something we looked forward to as kids. Of course I haven't been back since I could drive ;) :popcorn:

flinstone
07-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I was at a meetin were a lady bore here testimony on how Elvis changed here life and if it was not for him she would not be in the church. The Bishop did put a stop to that.

flinstone
07-08-2008, 03:37 PM
WOW MY GRAMMER SUCKS

DiscGo
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I was at a meetin were a lady bore here testimony on how Elvis changed here life and if it was not for him she would not be in the church.

:haha:

DiscGo
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
ExpUt-

Testimony football is brilliant. I have never heard of that.

DiscGo
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I know there are several I'd pay to see again.... :roflol:

:haha:

I still think that first one you mentioned was awesome!

Mtnman1830
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
My home teaching partner was the current Bishop.

Heard some things that I didn't want to hear...

Left the room on a few occasions.

crashNburn
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Not mormon, but went to church once with a friend when I lived back east almost 20 years ago.

During the sacrament meeting the bishop or some other leader was giving a talk about husbands treating their wives with respect. He mentioned about the many wifes he got in his office that complained about how their husbands treated them.

He then paused for a moment and very seriously said "Brothers... I need to tell you that oral and anal sex is wrong!"

You could have heard a pin drop.....

DiscGo
07-09-2008, 05:53 AM
"Brothers... I need to tell you that oral and anal sex is wrong!"

You could have heard a pin drop.....

Boy this thread really has been a great highlight of what not to say.

Iceaxe
07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
He then paused for a moment and very seriously said "Brothers... I need to tell you that oral and anal sex is wrong!"

I must mave skipped that page when I read the Triple Combination. :lol8:

Sombeech
07-09-2008, 09:20 AM

um, maybe for YOUR wife. :roflol:

But also, testimony BINGO is great. You write down some key phrases/points that will be mentioned like "I'd feel very ungrateful if I didn't stand here today..." or "I didn't want to cry today...."

You line them up on a random board. When you get 5 in a row, you yell AMEN! with your hands raised.

Don
07-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Anyone every play Testimony Football?

This whole post was funny, almost enough to make me want to go back one sunday...almost. I laughed out loud when I read:

Of course I haven't been back since I could drive ;) :popcorn:

:roflol: Awesome.