PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2008 at the Puck by the E Center

KapitanSparrow
06-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Congrats Spain on winning Euro 2008, your 44-year-old streak of bad luck is over! I must tell you that watching some of the games while being surrounded by dozens of people who, to say the least, don't like soccer, was interesting, heh. I got used to comments like "What the hell is that?", "Who's watching this?", "What happened to horse racing?", and "When will this thing end?" On a good note I got drunk several time on their hefeweizen, did some tequila shots with the locals, and their food is good too.

trackrunner
06-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Glad you found a bar/pub to watch some matches. I never thought Spain would ever win a major tournament. For years they always had the talent but never finish first until now.

But Turkey . . . They had some good matches :nod:

KapitanSparrow
06-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Agreed. Spain was supposed to end the tournament in the quarter final, heh. And Turkey, it was probably the most passionate team of all. I am pretty sure they would've advanced past Germany into the final if they didn't have to play their team B with most of the first 11 out with injuries or banned due to red cards. The Dutch were a dissapointment after such beautiful football in the group stage. But at least we saw amazing plays from the Russians in that game. My team was a total dissapointment, heh.