PDA

View Full Version : Harness For Sale

jumar
06-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Anyone interested in buying a caving harness? It's a GGG Caver Seat Harness (black)
http://www.gonzoguanogear.com/harness.html

It hasn't been used in a cave yet, just froggin in my back yard a little. Good shape, I just want to upgrade to a Petzl.

millsclimber
11-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Jeff,

Did you ever sell this?

jumar
11-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Jeff,

Did you ever sell this?
Nope, still got it if you're interested. I'd give ya a good deal

mills mania
11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Would you give me a better deal? Ill treat ya real respectable like. :lol:

jumar
11-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Would you give me a better deal? Ill treat ya real respectable like. :lol:
I'll give the best deal to those who offer the most :haha:

PolarXJ
02-10-2009, 12:17 PM
School me.. Why couldn't you just use a normal climbing harness?

jumar
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
If you're using a frog system, a caving harness works much better. Although all the caving harnesses I've tried aren't nearly as comfy as my climbing ones. :frustrated:

Caving harnesses have a very low attachment point, keeping your croll down by your waist. With a climbing harness it seems like the croll always ends up near my chin. Having it attached lower also makes the frogging more efficient. On small drops, like most of the ones I've done it won't matter a whole lot which you use.

denaliguide
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM

think about it.

can you use just one pack for everything? of course not.

can you use just one $4000 bicycle for downhill, x-c, and jumps? of course not.

can you use just one pair of climbing shoes for bouldering, indoor, outdoor climbing? of course not.

can you use just one sleeping bag for all your camping? of course not.

so why would harnesses be any different. if one thing could do it all just think of how much money you would save. and how many companies out there who would have very skinny catalogs of shiny new gear for sale. haven't you heard the economy is in the tank. now get out there and be a consumer. the market needs you. buy more, spend more, stimulate the economy.

the one with the most toys wins!

class dismissed. :roflol: :roflol:

devo_stevo
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM

My wife will tell you otherwise. :ne_nau: :frustrated:

jumar
02-10-2009, 02:58 PM

think about it.

can you use just one pack for everything? of course not.

can you use just one pair of climbing shoes for bouldering, indoor, outdoor climbing? of course not.

can you use just one sleeping bag for all your camping? of course not.

so why would harnesses be any different. if one thing could do it all just think of how much money you would save. and how many companies out there who would have very skinny catalogs of shiny new gear for sale. haven't you heard the economy is in the tank. now get out there and be a consumer. the market needs you. buy more, spend more, stimulate the economy.

the one with the most toys wins!

class dismissed. :roflol: :roflol:

:roflol: Yeah I have a harness for climbing, caving and canyoneering. He he he

jasonbx
02-20-2009, 10:22 PM
If you're using a frog system, a caving harness works much better. Although all the caving harnesses I've tried aren't nearly as comfy as my climbing ones. :frustrated:

Caving harnesses have a very low attachment point, keeping your croll down by your waist. With a climbing harness it seems like the croll always ends up near my chin. Having it attached lower also makes the frogging more efficient. On small drops, like most of the ones I've done it won't matter a whole lot which you use.

Big selling point is less "steps" needed because of the lower attachment point. My own experience has been more than 20-30' ascending on a frog system on a routine basis, a caving harness is well worth the expense. I have done several 50-100' pitches with a regular climbing harness, and by the time I hit the top I was pouring sweat. The first big ascent I did with my caving harness, I got to the top and was a ways up the passageway before it dawned on me how much less energy that had taken because of the lower attachment point.(Could have been the store brand granola bars as well, but I doubt it. )

There are a couple other reasons as well, like some ascenders being designed to fit with a caving harness setup and stay parallel with your body instead of twisting funny, but you can work a bit harder and compensate for that if you are cash strapped. Best way to see the difference is set up a pulley in a tree and try it out with both harnesses for 5-10 minutes each. And the neighbors usually get a kick out of that process as well. :haha:

jumar
02-21-2009, 06:48 AM
Best way to see the difference is set up a pulley in a tree and try it out with both harnesses for 5-10 minutes each. And the neighbors usually get a kick out of that process as well. Ha Ha
That's part of the reason I am building my climbing wall. It's ready for anyone that wants to try frogging or any other ascending system.