PDA

View Full Version : Angry kids protest gas prices after losing cable TV

Sombeech
06-25-2008, 07:22 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080625/ap_on_fe_st/odd_kid_protest

SALT LAKE CITY - Sadie and Pyper Vance have had just about enough of high gas prices. The sisters are still years away from being old enough to drive, but that doesn't mean the $4 per gallon price tag isn't hitting them as hard as anyone else.

Cable TV was one of the family's budget-cutting casualties, leaving Sadie, 9, and her 7-year-old sister without their favorite cartoons and shows.

"Gas prices are too high," Sadie said. "I just decided to come and protest so they'd go down."

The girls marched through downtown Monday chanting and carrying signs made from old campaign signs.

"All of my mom's monny goes to the gas tank!" Pyper's sign read. Sadie carried a sign asking drivers to honk to lower gas prices

stefan
06-25-2008, 07:40 AM
hmm ... driving less and no cable?

sounds like this might steer america in a better direction :wink:

Mooseman70
06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Good for Mom! :2thumbs: We don't have cable or satellite either. Can't afford it, but we don't miss it a bit. Now if I can only convince the wife we should get rid of the TV, I think we'll all be better for it. :haha:

Deathcricket
06-25-2008, 09:11 AM
And holding a sign is sooo effective. That will definately teach the oil companies a lesson!
:haha:

At least they got outside and did something though.

Edit: just reading the morning paper and it says "demand for gas has dropped 3%". Looks like the girls signs worked! i take it back. Keep up the good work.
:five:

JP
06-25-2008, 01:21 PM
hmm ... driving less and no cable?

sounds like this might steer america in a better direction :wink:
Na, drilling our resources will steer America in a better direction :mrgreen:

sparker1
06-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Protesting has worked for so many causes, maybe we should give it a try.

RedMan
06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
If it took high gas prices to disconnect a generation of TV addicted kids I guess I'm willing to pay the price.....since I don't have to listen to the whining.