PDA

View Full Version : D-Will & Boozer Make U.S.A. Team

colbylee
06-24-2008, 10:24 AM
D-will and Booze made the U.S.A. team this past Monday. No big surprise to Jazz fans.

D-Will (I think) only made the team due to Billups taking his name off the list. I think D-Will needs more respect in the league, he should have been the first or second guard picked for the team instead if Billups being the teams first choice.

D-Will and Chris Paul are the top guards in the NBA, and D-Will should be up there with Paul, and not be behind Jason Kidd and Billups. Kidd has had his time, and is getting old and slow, but still is in the front running ahead of D-will.

What do you think?

trackrunner
06-24-2008, 10:29 AM
I thought Kid was going to be the starting point over paul then d-will.

colbylee
06-24-2008, 01:18 PM
I think you're right. I was saying that D-Will should have been thought of before billups, and in some cases Kidd.

colbylee
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
I want add on to my comment. Kidd will be a good leader, but just have him on the bench while Paul and D-Will kick ass!!!

accadacca
06-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Here is the question. Who's uniform will Boozer be wearing after next season?

trackrunner
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Here is the question. Who's uniform will Boozer be wearing after next season? MIAMI HEAT, IMO

Q: Will team USA respect the international game and work hard, not be a team of superstars but of role players, & DEFEND, or not?

Kent K25
07-02-2008, 07:32 PM
D-will and Booze made the U.S.A. team this past Monday. No big surprise to Jazz fans.

D-Will (I think) only made the team due to Billups taking his name off the list. I think D-Will needs more respect in the league, he should have been the first or second guard picked for the team instead if Billups being the teams first choice.

D-Will and Chris Paul are the top guards in the NBA, and D-Will should be up there with Paul, and not be behind Jason Kidd and Billups. Kidd has had his time, and is getting old and slow, but still is in the front running ahead of D-will.

What do you think?

I can't stand the Jazz but will admit that D-Will is certainly in the top 2 or 3 PG's in the NBA with CP3 being the obvious current #1.

I think the only reason he wasn't a lock until Billups withdrew is because of how much importance Kryzewski is putting on experience. You can get away with youth at other positions, but experience is SO important at the PG position. Billups and Kidd have both at least been to the finals and are battle proven in the Playoffs, plus Kidd already has a gold medal.

There is no question that D-Will has the skills for the team, I just think it was coming down to leadership. Something he still needs work with, work he'll now get on the Olympic team with Kidd there to show him the ropes a bit.