PDA

View Full Version : Baby dies after being left in the car

FROGGER
06-23-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3599007

For the life of me I cannot understand this... I have two children, my youngest is 7 months old. I have what I consider to be a busy life... a schedule full of various appointments, meetings, responsibilities, and so forth. I take my kids with me when I run errands and such but NOT ONCE in their short little lives have I ever forgotten nor left them in the car... I just don't get how this happens...

This is not the first time this has happened in Utah this summer... PLEASE if you have kids don't leave them in the car....

MY T PIMP
06-23-2008, 12:34 PM
I can't let my daughter out of my site for a minute. How you can do this is just plain; well I don't I can find the words to say how cruel, sad, wrong, and stupid it is. Anybody who is convicted of such a cruel act themselves should die the same way!

RugerShooter
06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
This is just to sad, I also agree I don't know how in the Hell you would forget you had your child with you. I always get my kids out of the car before I get anything else out. I just don't understand some people. I am sure she didn't forget to grab her crack pipe that was sitting next to her.

DiscGo
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
For the life of me I cannot understand this... .

It is tragic, but I understand it. And my heart goes out to those parents, and I don't judge them at all.

I have only been a Dad for 4 months but so far I have been great... but on Easter Sunday, I left my son in the car and didn't realize it. My wife and I were driving over to my parents house separately. She had her parents in her car, and I had my son and my sister-in-law in my car. My sister-in-law and I were just catching up and having fun while my son fell asleep in the back. We got to my parents house and I was about to walk in to the house when my wife pulled up. She asked where Graden (my son) was, and I panicked as I realized that I had him. Graden was only left in the car by himself for 20 seconds, so it wasn't a big deal but I totally thought my wife had him, because he hadn't made a noise since we left the house and under less ideal circumstances my son could have died or become seriously ill.

I still feel a great deal of guilt over that day, and it was 20 seconds and my son never even knew. I can only imagine the pain and guilt these people feel and my heart goes out to them because I believe under the right/wrong circumstances this sort of thing could happen to anyone.

James_B_Wads2000
06-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Come on Disco, what the heck are you doing?! This is Bogley, you are not supposed to try and understand other people and their actions! You

JP
06-23-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't know how in the Hell you would forget
Exactly, you forgot a 5 month old was with you :ne_nau: Then just where the hell do you think it was :ne_nau: BS she knew.

James_B_Wads2000
06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
See that's what I'm talking about. Good old JP, the voice of reason.

James

JP
06-23-2008, 04:56 PM

James
So, tell me where I'm wrong :mrgreen: Gee, you get up and say, "Gotta go fix that computer." So, you take that child, get it ready for the trip. You feed, change and clean this child. You KNOWINGLY put the child into the car and HOPEFULLY in a car seat and you head out. Somewhere in this little commute, you forget that you gave birth to a little child five months ago when you arrive at your destination? Nope, nice try. You'd figure it will only take a few minutes, maybe you didn't want a baby brought into your work environment, maybe the baby was crying too much...In any event, you damn right well know your child was with you. PERIOD.

Mtnman1830
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
This happens several times a year.

Sad, really.

DiscGo
06-23-2008, 06:47 PM
The last thing you ever want to do is empathize or understand your fellow man.

Man, you suck. :haha:

Nice James! :lol8:

Rev. Coyote
06-23-2008, 07:12 PM

James

Let me explain something to you, and to the rest of you living in Utah or other parts of the Great West: JP and I are, for most of the year, stuck in the East. You may not have an appreciation for how shitty that is, but understand that is why we are both cranky, pissy, and reactionary.

It's worse for JP, though, because he lives north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

So please, try and understand the source of bitterness for us Eastern folk.

shlingdawg
06-23-2008, 07:27 PM

James

Let me explain something to you, and to the rest of you living in Utah or other parts of the Great West: JP and I are, for most of the year, stuck in the East. You may not have an appreciation for how shitty that is, but understand that is why we are both cranky, pissy, and reactionary.

So who's holding the gun to your head to stay there?

Rev. Coyote
06-23-2008, 07:33 PM

James

So who's holding the gun to your head to stay there?

My escape plan is about three years out still (family, jobs, etc.). What, you're WANTING more Easterners out there??

JP
06-23-2008, 09:09 PM
You may not have an appreciation for how shitty that is, but understand that is why we are both cranky, pissy, and reactionary.

Maybe we have a little more grip on common sense. How one "forgets" and others "believe" these types of BS excuses is pathetic.

FROGGER
06-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok, fine, lets assume you do forget, you walk in the house, sit down grab a glass of water, take a leak.... at what point does that little voice in your head say "where the hell is my kid"

I have 2 kids, a 2 (almost 3) year old daughter and a 7 month old son... as i sit at my desk at work being extremely busy you would not believe how many times my kids pop into my head... the things my daughter says the smiles my son throws out every once and a while and so on.. Am I so different from other parents in this???

How is it possible that at NO POINT in the 2 hours that poor child was burning to death in the car she didn't think "where the hell is my son" i really truly do not understand how this happens... 10 min 15 min... fine maybe but 2 hours...

James_B_Wads2000
06-24-2008, 07:44 AM
[quote=FROGGER]

Rev. Coyote
06-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Peeps: Have there been any updates in the local news about this? At first blush, I have to wonder how the child was left for 2 hours and have to wonder if the parent was intoxicated. Just hate to make assumptions. So anything new on this?

FROGGER
06-24-2008, 10:53 AM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000][quote=FROGGER]

JP
06-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Lets see if you can respond like a mature individual instead of a cave troll..

Please show me!!! :roll:
He cannot :nod:

Rev. Coyote
06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Lets see if you can respond like a mature individual instead of a cave troll..

Please show me!!! :roll:
He cannot :nod:

I've been in troll rehab, and it's a hard reflex to break. Please be patient. Be kind. Speak in low even tones.

Asshat.

JP
06-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I've been in troll rehab

Asshat.
Asshat :lol8: :asshat:
Isn't it tough when others start :lol8: I can do this all day :haha: