PDA

View Full Version : Backpacking Club?

ahansen60
06-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I love backpacking and have a passion for the outdoors but I don't really have any friends who do it frequently.I live in Ogden and was wondering if there were any backpacking clubs in the area where I could meet and get to know others who share my passion.

trackrunner
06-22-2008, 07:08 PM
I love backpacking and have a passion for the outdoors but I don't really have any friends who do it frequently.I live in Ogden and was wondering if there were any backpacking clubs in the area where I could meet and get to know others who share my passion.

Welcome. Introduce yourself in the noob section.

I've found some great partners here on this forum and others by posting and starting a trip looking for partners. As for a specific dedicated club I only know of one, Wasatch Mountain Club. I've never participated in any of their activities so I can't tell you any details, but I did buy one of their maps and love it.

wasatchmountainclub.org/

Sombeech
06-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the site. There are a few of us up here in the Ogden area that like to backpack a bit. :2thumbs:

tanya
06-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the Group!

I like to hike but I want a soft bed a night and a shower in the morning. A man to bring me breakfast never hurts either. :haha: