PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Adams Canyon Rappel and Geocache

Scout Master
06-21-2008, 10:49 AM
A very good friend of mine placed this Geocache on the rock cliffs just north of Adams canyon. (East of Layton Utah) I have been wanting to bag this one for some time so when he e-mailed me and invited me to go of course I said YES
For a couple old fat guys it was a little under two hours hike up to the rocks. The object of this mission was to rappel down approximately 70 feet to the Cache then climb back up. Nothing too technical, just a lot of fun.
For those who roasted me last year for my old equipment please note the new harness and Helmet.

See you on the Trail
Scout Master

James_B_Wads2000
06-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Seet pics!

Nice helmet. :haha:

James

DiscGo
06-22-2008, 11:06 AM
I made this post yesterday but somehow it disappeared. That looks awesome! What is the cache rated?

Scout Master
06-22-2008, 11:10 AM
5X5

DiscGo
06-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow! Color me impressed. I thought it may be. I have tried a couple but never succeeded. Way cool ScoutMaster!

Scout Master
06-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Wow! Color me impressed
Don't be too impressed. This is only my second and not all that difficult. All of the slot canyons I have done were tougher, and most of the Mountain tops. This one just met the requirements. The Hike was beautiful and the rappel was fun though.