PDA

View Full Version : Death of Teen on Off-road Motorcycle Called 'Suspicious'

JP
06-20-2008, 09:09 PM
I figured I post it here due to it being a Motorcycle incident. But, it seems a bit more than that and may belong under Environmental, seeing that someone who didn't feel ORV's belonged where they were. In any case, causing the death of a person whether they did or did not is a bit extreme. I know some in here agree with extreme measures in making their points, here is an example when these extreme points did lead to death. It was never mentioned by police officials that where he was riding was illegal. So, here is a case where this kid may have been 100% in the right to be where he was. In any case, death should never have been an outcome.

Wilton is a small upper-class town located in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Pretty close to the New York border.

Death of teen on off-road motorcycle called 'suspicious'
By Kate King
Special Correspondent
Article Launched: 06/17/2008 01:00:00 AM EDT

WILTON - The death of a 13-year-old Wilton boy in an off-road motorcycle accident is "suspicious," police said yesterday.

Nicholas Parisot of Nod Hill Road died Friday after the off-road motorcycle he was riding on a North Wilton trail struck an object, Chief Edward Kulhawik said. Accident reconstructionists were investigating why the object was in the trail.

"We believe something was placed there intentionally," Kulhawik said during a news conference at the police station yesterday.

Police were trying to determine whether the object was placed there to be a prank, to delineate property lines or to cause "what did happen," Kulhawik said.

He would not identify the object but confirmed that it was not a tree limb or rock or other natural item. Police recovered a lot of evidence from the scene, Kulhawik said.

Wilton police held the news conference to clear up rumors or misconceptions about the death but would not release autopsy results or other details because they still were investigating, Kulhawik said.

Parisot was riding on trails off Hillbrook Road, where his grandparents live, "as he does many other days," Kulhawik said. The boy was wearing a helmet, he said.

"At this time it looks like Nick was by himself at the time of the accident," Kulhawik said.

Parisot often rode the North Wilton trails, "sometimes alone, sometimes with friends," Kulhawik said.

Capt. Michael Lombardo said about 90 minutes passed between the time Parisot last had contact

with someone and when he was found.
Police said the person who contacted them at about 4:30 p.m. Friday after finding Parisot was a "fellow rider" but did not identify the person.

"When we got the call we knew that it was very serious," Kulhawik said.

Police officers and the fire department responded and transported Parisot to Norwalk Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Town officials attended the news conference, including Wilton Schools Superintendent Gary Richards, Social Services Director Cathy Pierce and Julia Harris, principal of Middlebrook School, where Parisot completed eighth grade earlier on the day he died.

"We just extend our heartfelt sympathy," Harris said.

Counseling will be available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at the Middlebrook Media Center for students and parents affected by Parisot's death, she said.

Since Friday, more than 700 members have joined the Facebook group "In Loving Memory of Nicholas Parisot." Another group, "Rest in Peace Nick Parisot," has more than 430 members.

"Nick had a great personality, and he was well-liked by everyone in our dance class. He always had a smile on his face," said Kelly Nayden, Parisot's dance instructor at the Walter Schalk School of Dance. "He was easygoing, mild-mannered. He never caused any trouble. . . . It's such a tragic accident and death, and the class will feel empty without him next year."

Singer Dave Matthews, who performed at the Dodge Center in Hartford on Saturday, dedicated one of the songs in his encore performance to Parisot.

"I just want to send this out to a little friend named Nick, wherever you may be," Matthews was quoted on the Web site dmbalmanac.com.

Family members declined to comment over the phone.

- Police are asking anyone with any information to call them at 834-6260.

Sombeech
06-20-2008, 09:14 PM
He would not identify the object but confirmed that it was not a tree limb or rock or other natural item. Police recovered a lot of evidence from the scene, Kulhawik said.

I'll bet it was a cable strung across the trail at neck height.

JP
06-20-2008, 09:27 PM
I'll bet it was a cable strung across the trail at neck height.
Yea, that is a possibility. They stated by the phone call that they knew it was bad. It also could have been some type of impalement. Unbelievable. This is something that they very well may solve. And what would your defense be? You don't own the property and you knowingly constructed an implement that would cause serious physical injury or death. What's the defense? I didn't know that could have killed them, I just wanted them a little hurt? I cannot wait to see how this case continues. A death of a 13 year old kid should have that little bedroom community angered. I think it will be somebody who damn right well knows who set the trap and it will be them who will turn the person in. I hope so.