PDA

View Full Version : Bottomed out on Porcupine Rim

Sombeech
06-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Here's a funny sequence of pics that Shawn and I got from a former co employee.

greyhair biker
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
:five: thats a good digger! He shoulda come down on the rear wheel first.
AND, it was on Porcupine that my bikeshop had it's start. Coming down the trail I blew my rear shock through the frame....had to ride 10 miles that way...dint have time to fix it myself so I took it to the local shop and they RAPED me for a $5 part(the mount bolt) plus $85 labor! I said " I can do better than that" so I opened my own bikeshop...I like Porcupine!

REDFOX
06-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I think that he might weight 150lbs and that is an 8 inch travel bighit. I went off of the same drop this April on the Demo 9 and I thought that I broke my ankle from maxing out my suspension. It has a bad landing. Redspecialized has the video footage of me hopping around on one foot.

ogdmfg
06-17-2008, 06:18 AM
oh the loving 5ft drop to flat-pinkbike.com reference

Gixxer
06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
the 3rd pic is a different guy than the first 2 pics

Danno04
06-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Okay I guess I need some explanation, the first two pictures is two different jumps, the first one I landed on front tire and I actually didn't buttom out but it was a rough landing cause I felt it in my shoulders. The second picture is where I pulled up and wiped out on my right side(picture was taken fraction of a second before, you can see my right foot sitting on a pedal weird already). I hurt my wrist pretty good after wiping out, it was painfull to move it the next day, but it just a strain. The third picture is b_rock101 when he jumped it, and wiped out on his left side. His camera had like a shutter delay so thats why I took it when he was crashing. We both wiped out due to 30mph crosswind, which I though was tailwind.

And sombeech we are not gay we were on a budget and didn't want to stay at apache inn again, but something nicer. You know the pic i'm talking about

Sombeech
06-21-2008, 09:59 AM
And sombeech we are not gay we were on a budget and didn't want to stay at apache inn again, but something nicer. You know the pic i'm talking about

:roflol:

Yeah, I'll let YOU post that one. :lol8:

Welcome to the forum Dan.