PDA

View Full Version : My Second Hole-In-One

Brewhaha
06-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Today I hit my second hole-in-one. It was on hole #3 at The Hideout Golf Club in Monticello. I used a 9 iron and hit it 138 yards. The shot was a perfect 9 iron shot, bounced once about 4 feet in front of the cup and rolled in. Perhaps the best part of the whole deal was that I was playing the round with my buddy who is always giving me crap. Now, since he is the witness, he has to tell everyone about it whenever I ask him to. I gave him heck for the rest of the round. Below is a picture of the 3rd hole.

My first hole in one was about 3 years ago on the same course. Using an 8 iron I aced the 157 yard, par 3, #11. This shot was a perfect 8-iron shot, bounced once about 10 feet in front of the hole and rolled in. My brother was the witness that day and that was pretty cool. A picture of the 11th hole is below.

Just thought I'd share with my Bogley buddies.

denaliguide
06-14-2008, 04:16 PM
a hole in one? is that hard to do? :roflol: congrats. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
06-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Golf?!?!? :ne_nau:

Isn't that what old men do? :moses:

When I get old I think I'll take up golf...... :five:

I once hit a hole-in-one down at Fergie's putt-putt and go-carts.

Congrat's on not losing your ball. :2thumbs:

:lol8:

DiscGo
06-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Congratulations! That is way cool!

I am not much of a golfer, but I am big discgolf advocate. I have never had a hole in one in discgolf, but I have hit the basket on my first drive. You have inspired me to try harder.

RugerShooter
06-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Congrats :2thumbs:

sparker1
06-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Way to go, Brew. I played a lot of golf over the years and never had an Ace. I witnessed more than a few, including one by my wife. The Monticello course looks pretty good.

JP
06-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Miniature Golf is more my speed :lol8:

shlingdawg
06-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Lightening strikes twice.

Nice shot man. I've heard good things about that golf course and hope to have the chance to play it someday.

My one, lonely ace came at #16 at Bountiful Ridge. 169 yarder downhill. Landed short of the cup and rolled in. I was golfing with my boss at the time. We were stacked up on this hole, so I had a total of 7 whitnesses.

I've tried and tried since but have only come close.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Brewhaha
06-15-2008, 10:33 AM
If any of you are in Monticello and want to play the course let me know and maybe we can get together. The course is really a fabulous and beautiful course. The superintendent has had a tough time finding the right formula for the greens so they have some rough spots. If they can get them under control this this will be an unforgettable course.

chickenlicken
06-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats on the hole in one. That looks like a beautiful course. Is it a public course? What do they charge?

Sombeech
06-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Congrats. Maybe one of these days, I'll be able to hit a ball over 100 yards.

I say this everytime I'm asked about golfing; I've never hit the ball and felt like "That was a good hit".

bbennett
06-15-2008, 04:15 PM
That's awsome! :hail2thechief:

I've always wanted to get into golf but I've got too many expensive hobbies as it is and several other expensive hobbies that I would like to get in to.

Does anyone know how I might be able to make a whole lot of money? I'm not greedy, just a few million.

sparker1
06-15-2008, 07:13 PM
That's awsome! :hail2thechief:

I've always wanted to get into golf but I've got too many expensive hobbies as it is and several other expensive hobbies that I would like to get in to.

Does anyone know how I might be able to make a whole lot of money? I'm not greedy, just a few million.

You could become a great golfer and win millions. Of course, it might cost millions getting to be that good.

Iceaxe
06-15-2008, 07:30 PM

Didn't you high school guidance counsler ever tell you???

You could become a gigolo.... :giveit:

Of course you would have to service all the really ugly ones.... but... just saying....

:haha:

Brewhaha
06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
It's a public course and will cost you $34 to play 18 with a cart.