PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Internet

RugerShooter
06-12-2008, 06:28 AM
So I need some help, I am tired of using Dial-Up for my Internet, what else is available out there, Qwest don't offer it, Comcast is also a no, I had Digis come out yesterday and I have to many trees around to use their service unless I bury about 200' of conduit to run the wires in. Hughesnet is a little on the pricey side, at $300 for equipment then $60 a month for only 700kbs. What else is out there any ideas?

DiscGo
06-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Sorry. I am a comcast subscriber and hate it.

RugerShooter
06-12-2008, 06:53 AM

Well that is better than my damn dial-up.

Ih8grvty
06-12-2008, 07:27 AM
anything is better than dial up! even DLS, and I hate that. I hate comcast too, but had it till a better thing came along.
No help from me though, my internet is limited to specific areas. I have wirelessbeehive, I love it. Piss on cable and DSL and especially dial up.
I get 10mpbs bursts for downloads, and after 10 seconds my rate falls to something I dont remember.... THe bride could tell you, thats her specialty is computers and networking. even my slow speed is faster than I ever had with cable and Im using the same computer.
If you were in grantsville, stansbury, lake point erda tooele stockton or parts of rush valley, Id tell you to get what I got.
With them for the same burst speed and 512 constant service its 30 a month. a small radio antenna on teh roof, no equipment to buy and no monthly rental on that equipment. all inclusive in the price. I rarely have problems with my net, Iv lost it 3 times in the last 4 years, and 2 of those the tower was hit by lightning, still had it back up with in 2 days.Any other time its been lost, and that has been rare it was them reseting servers or upgrading an I had no net for a matter of 10 minutes or less.
They did recently expand in to bountiful, and as of they think July 1st will be offering a package for 70 a month I get the net, direct TV and a beehive phone that works like vonage, but is specific to the beehive network.
I already pay more than that for just dish network, and another 60 for a phone at the house through qwest. You see the commercials that people rave about how great their service is? I call BS! I will however happily endorse my company and tell everyone that I know that can get it about it.
IF they use me as a reference, no install fee. and no contracts, first months free.
I dont suppose you happen to be in one of the areas I listed? If you are I can not recommend them enough, and for the record I do not work for them, or own any of the company, I am just really satisfied with my service and the product.

Ih8grvty
06-12-2008, 07:41 AM
just in case it helps you or anyone else stuck with dial up...

Wireless Features Include:

Surf at up to 10.2 Mbps
Family filter option
No fine print
No contracts

Wireless is Available in:

Tooele Valley, UT
Stockton, UT
Wendover, UT
West Wendover, NV
Elko & Spring Creek, NV
Ryndon & Osino, NV
Wells, NV
Baker, NV

DSL Available:

Rush Valley & Terra
Faust, Vernon, & Lofgren
Ibapah & Gold Hill
Gandy, Callao & Partoun
Garrison & Eskdale
Oasis & Pilot Valley, NV
Woodhills Estates, NV
Pleasant Valley, NV
Burbank, NV

It isnt listed on the site, but I know they just opened up bountiful a month or so ago, not all of it, more towers have to be built to do that, but a good portion of it.

and some links for you:

Services:
price packages-
http://www.wirelessbeehive.com/news/Spring2008.pdf

Main website-
http://www.wirelessbeehive.com/index2.php

FAQ-
http://www.wirelessbeehive.com/faq.php

and lets say you want to start your own company, they make the equipment in tooele and will sell you the stuff! however, keep in mind you have to do 160k in purchasing to retain distributor status, and that is a yearly quota.

Distribution information:

http://www.wbmfg.com/Home

I think legally that is all I can tell you with out them giving me a check.

RugerShooter
06-12-2008, 07:41 AM
No I don't I live in unincorporated Weber County near Little Mountain.

Ih8grvty
06-12-2008, 07:43 AM
THAT my friend, is the shits.
We were recently talking about moving back to SLC from Tooele, the deciding factor for staying was beehive and the money we save with the products, not to mention we despise comcast and qwest.

JP
06-12-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm on Comcast and have no complaints with the Net, just it is pricey. I have them for cable and Net.

sparker1
06-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't know if you have Verizon in your area, but they (or some other cell provider) will give you an air card for broadband for about $60-70 per month. Check into it.

James_B_Wads2000
06-12-2008, 03:12 PM

Where do you live? :ne_nau:

James

RugerShooter
06-12-2008, 03:27 PM

Where do you live? :ne_nau:

James

The name of the town is Reese (or West Warren), it is about 7 miles west of Ogden on 12th street.

parrothead_madness
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't know if you have Verizon in your area, but they (or some other cell provider) will give you an air card for broadband for about $60-70 per month. Check into it.

That is exactly what I use. It's $59 with phone service through Verizon or $79 without. It is indispensable for me since I travel all the time. It is pretty fast in metropolitan areas, in the boonies where you still get a signal it steps down to dialup speeds. Convenient? Absofreakinglutely. Fast? Meh. Comes and goes.

Sombeech
06-12-2008, 03:58 PM

Well that is better than my damn dial-up.

So I'm guessing the pages load a little better without my animated avatar? :haha: