PDA

View Full Version : Kingda Ka!

chickenlicken
06-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I took and extra day last week while I was in NJ for a trade show and hit Six Flags with my son. We have been waiting a year to conquer Kingda Ka, the worlds fastest and tallest roller coaster. Last year we waited for 2 hrs only to have it shut down while waiting to board at the gate. This year we made it.
I thought it would be just another fun ride, but holy crap it was pretty intense. They say it accelerates 0-130 mph in 2 seconds and climbs to 430 ft or about 45 stories. I don't scare easily, but when we started the climb, I was a little puckered. :eek2:
The ride only lasts a few seconds, but its definately a ride of a lifetime.

JP
06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I was a little puckered. :eek2:
I'll tell ya what, I'm puckered just looking at it :lol8: I'll pass :lol8: I was never a coaster fan, that pretty much still keeps me, not a fan :lol8:

Cirrus2000
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
That looks great! I've seen it on TV before - one day I'd like to try it. I love coasters. It's the spinning rides I can't handle...

Way to go!!!

RugerShooter
06-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Sweet, looks like that would be a fun coaster :2thumbs:

DiscGo
06-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Right on. I have done top thrill dragster at Cedar Point which is similiar and used to be the tallest and fastest:
http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~hulme/Graphics/coasters/dragster.jpg

It was a blast! Thanks for the reminder of how much fun that is.

parrothead_madness
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Nice! I lived in Princeton for a year, season passes FTW!
How did you like "El Toro"?

Ih8grvty
06-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Kingda Ka, the worlds fastest and tallest roller coaster.
Not only did that picture give me a stiffy, I now need some kleenex, and a new pair of shorts!

chickenlicken
06-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Nice! I lived in Princeton for a year, season passes FTW!
How did you like "El Toro"?

El Toro was really fast, but shook the living shiz out me. It's a cool wood coaster, but I prefer the smooth new metal coasters. :cool2: