PDA

View Full Version : Hey Richard...

JP
06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
1st: All is well I hope?

And, I've been playing with a Nikon. Nikon D40 to be exact and liking it very much. From the ease of use through its controls and the end result I'm seeing. Very nice...just thought I'd share that with ya :2thumbs:

The last two Off Road events I've been at I was able to use the D40. So, I was able to use it and play with it during some action shots and I also have some limited use with landscape shots. If it wasn't 100 and just about 100% humidity for the rest of the week, I'd still be playing with it :lol8:

R
06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
All is definitely better. Abby has her game face on for recovery, and might actually be able to come home soon!

I am glad you like the D40. It's a pretty nice camera, all things considered. I would never hesitate to recommend it.

JP
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
All is definitely better. Abby has her game face on for recovery, and might actually be able to come home soon!
That is the best thing I've heard in quite sometime, so glad to hear that!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Yes, it's my first with the using a Nikon and I'm liking it :mrgreen: I'll be throwing some of the pics up in the 4x4 section shortly.

DiscGo
06-10-2008, 06:05 AM

I am glad to hear that!

Redpb
06-10-2008, 08:46 AM
good to hear Richard.

I have the D40x as well. Last night was my wife's b-day party. Several people took the camera and started taking shots. Everyone likes it and we got some great shots. This is my first Nikon and I really enjoy it. I won't hesitate upgrading from here.

R
06-10-2008, 01:09 PM
The only drawbacks to the D40x are that it doesn't have an LCD display on the top, and only autofocuses with AF-S lenses.

Other topic: Abby is up and walking without assistance. I have a guy coming to the house today to install grab bars in her bathroom. I know that sounds lame for someone who had no problem hiking to Delicate Arch last October, but if you knew how really sick she had been, you would see walking as nothing short of miraculous. And yes, she fully intends to hike again! :nod: