PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Brew (Beer)

colbylee
06-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Whats everyones favorite beer/rootbeer?
I would have to say my favorite is Unita Cutthroat Pale Ale, Fat Tire, and Big Sky Moose Drool.

RugerShooter
06-02-2008, 12:28 PM
If I am drinking beer I like Killians Irish Red, But I prefer the Crown & Sprite
:2thumbs:

bbennett
06-02-2008, 12:32 PM
If I am drinking beer I like Killians Irish Red, But I prefer the Crown & Sprite

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but I prefer Crown and Cream Soda (I'm willing to give Sprite a try though).

savanna3313
06-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Not much of a beer drinker, but I like Corona with a lime. I prefer vodka and club soda, also with a lime. :2thumbs: For rootbeer - it's Barq's.

R
06-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm all about Mexican beers. Corona tops my list, with a real slice of lime. :nod:

BruteForce
06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
For me, it has to be German (anything in a big brown bottle), otherwise it's Heineken or any of the local brew-pub Hefeweisen's.

stefan
06-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Stealhead Scotch Porter
Rogue Brutal Bitter

abirken
06-02-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3793&start=360

See above link to see me with beer in hand. HAHA!! Actually, anything Mexican I love. But Shiner Bock is my all time favorite.

Brewhaha
06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm my favorite Brew of course.

Don
06-02-2008, 07:28 PM
My favorite right now is the Wasatch Devastator double bock. I also really like their Evolution Amber. And like BruteForce I'll drink any of the local brew pub Hefeweisen's.

DiscGo
06-02-2008, 07:33 PM
A&W :2thumbs:

http://www.aw.ca/awfranchise.nsf/logo_interior.gif

TreeHugger
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Samuel Adams - wish I could get some here without breaking the bank.

Full Suspension Pale Ale - yum... plus, it's got a cool name.

The Chocolate Stout that the Porcupine sells, I'm not sure the brewery....
like desert with a kick!

LOAH
06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
With so many to choose from, it's too hard to narrow it down to one.

I might drink a couple of times a month, but when I do, it's usually good beer or good wine.

Some of my favorite beers are Alaskan Amber, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, Grolsch, Blue Moon, Heineken, Amber Bock, Killian's, Moosehead...

...Like I said, too hard to narrow it down. Those are in no particular order.

If you're looking for a great wine that won't break the bank, but is damn smooth, anything from Smoking Loon is good.

Iceaxe
06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Marc O turned me onto Bodington's and that's probably my current favorite.

The most stocked beer in the house is usually Molson Ice.....

And right this minute I'm drinking a Corona.

:cheers:

Cirrus2000
06-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Tasty beers:

Hobgoblin Ale, from Wychwood, England
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, from North Coast Brewing, California
Trois Pistoles, from Unibroue, Quebec

For super-cold summer swigging beers:

Tuborg
Heineken
Interchangeable Mexican: Corona, Sol, Pacifico, etc.

Don
06-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Anyone had Mac and Jacks African Amber?
Mac and Jacks brewery is based in Redmond WA. Their lovely African Amber is available in bars around the northwest or by the keg but is not bottled. I have occasionally considered a road trip just for this brew.

JP
06-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Too many Sam Adams to mention :haha:

shlingdawg
06-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Anyone had Mac and Jacks African Amber?
Mac and Jacks brewery is based in Redmond WA. Their lovely African Amber is available in bars around the northwest or by the keg but is not bottled. I have occasionally considered a road trip just for this brew.

Nice call Don. I embibe on the Mac and Jacks frequently. Yummy stuff. I also like Alaskan amber, Samuel Adams and any Porter suites me fine.

Deschutes Black Butte Porter is one of my favorites. Polygamy Porter is also a favorite, for a Utah beer.

Right now I have a sampler of Samuel Adams that I picked up from Costco. All are delicious.

Every once in a while, Guiness really hits the spot.

abirken - Nice call on Shiner Bock. I was in San Antonio for a week last month and practically lived on the stuff. :five:

packfish
06-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Moose Drool, Fat Tire, Spaten premium and Optimator. Wasatch Devastaor and the Evolution Ale. Also tried a few beers on a Lake Eire Island recently. Think they were from a Great Lakes Brewing co.
Old Leg Humper Ale and I can't remember the other two but I was impressed.

Teleken
06-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Another vote for Deschutes Black Butte Porter .

Murphys Stout from a tap beats Guinness any day. Guinness is for tourists.

stefan
06-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Another vote for Deschutes Black Butte Porter .

'tis a fine brew

live2ride
06-03-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3793&start=360

See above link to see me with beer in hand. HAHA!! Actually, anything Mexican I love. But Shiner Bock is my all time favorite.

I will second the Shiner as one of the best beers, I love to go to TX and get it on tap. I would have to go with Roosters Bees Knees and the Diamondback Ale as some of my favorites from the locals.

shlingdawg
06-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Mmmmm, Bees Knee's Honey Wheat is a fantastic creation.

KapitanSparrow
06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
I like Polish beers such as Zywiec and Tyskie and then German, Czech. Big brown bottles rock.

josh
06-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I am an ALE fan I do not care to much for the lagers. Although a good Steam beer is delicious.

1.Unita Cuthroat Pale Ale

2.Minnouqa Rye Porter (northern Wisconsin Treat)

3.Anchor Steam :cheers:

Don
06-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I am an ALE fan I do not care to much for the lagers. Although a good Steam beer is delicious.

When are you going back to Wisconsin for your crap? I'm looking forward to you bringing back beer and cheese!

Or, if you happen to find an extra hippy chick who want to see Utah you can leave out the cheese and have the beer ride on her lap!

:five:

BruteForce
06-12-2008, 07:39 PM
I like the German, Big brown bottles rock.

X2

:hail2thechief:

abirken
06-12-2008, 08:36 PM

When are you going back to Wisconsin for your crap? I'm looking forward to you bringing back beer and cheese!

Or, if you happen to find an extra hippy chick who want to see Utah you can leave out the cheese and have the beer ride on her lap!

:five:

I'm in Durango on a little RnR....had a few brews at the Steamery Brew Pub here in town. Very tasty IPA's!!! Remind me next time we all hang out not to mix my beers.....I think both of you in unison let out a OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO when I did. I won't traumatize you all like that again. HAHA!!!! :lol8:

Htoad
06-16-2008, 09:59 PM
My favorite brews are homebrew. The dude down the street makes these three and gives me a taste when he climbs up my mountain. S. Utah has more going for it then just scenery. Ahhh, a cold draft after a nice day of hiking.

josh
06-17-2008, 02:16 AM
My favorite brews are homebrew. The dude down the street makes these three and gives me a taste when he climbs up my mountain. S. Utah has more going for it then just scenery. Ahhh, a cold draft after a nice day of hiking.

By far homebrew is the best! I brewed for years and everyone loved the beer. No one wanted to help with all the work. A general rule of thumb is the fresher the hops the better the sedative drunk. The esential oils given off during the brewing process is lupilin. What a graet oil that is for relaxing! :mrgreen: