PDA

View Full Version : What's Everyone Listening to?

colbylee
05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Just got back from a really good bike ride to my pilates class, and was jamming to some tunes and was thinking what other people listen to when they workout/run/bike etc.

I've been listening to
Old Crow Medicine Show
Band of Annuals (Local SLC Band)
Led Zeppelin (of course)

theking648
05-28-2008, 08:15 PM
right now i'm listening to:

Magna-Fi
Buckcherry
Alter Bridge
Saliva
Silverstein

abirken
05-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Right now, the noise I am listening to is annoying background noise. Oops, I meant a basketball game on ESPN. :frustrated:

abirken
05-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh but music-wise (now that I re-read the title info).....haha! I ride my bike in the morning and the past two weeks, I've been riding to:
Smashing Pumpkins-Siamese Dreams
A Perfect Circle- Mer de Noms
Led Zeppelin- Best of

:rockon:

goofball
05-28-2008, 08:57 PM
really like pandora radio. portishead, the dining rooms, or thievery corporation stations.

Felicia
05-28-2008, 08:57 PM
OK, you can bring it on: Cher :ne_nau:

It works for me.

bbennett
05-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I've been listening to NOFX, Arctic Monkeys, and Eek A Mouse quite a bit lately. Talk about different ends of the spectrum.

abirken
05-28-2008, 09:15 PM
really like pandora radio. portishead, the dining rooms, or thievery corporation stations.

LOVEEEEEEEEEEE thievery Corp. :2thumbs:

abirken
05-28-2008, 09:17 PM

It works for me.

Ok I'm going to try really hard not to rake you over the coals for this one, but Felicia, Do you believe in life after LOVE? :lol8:

theking648
05-28-2008, 09:25 PM

It works for me.

my dad likes cher too.... not kidding. but he also likes abba.

i think hes gay but doesn't know it yet.

theking648
05-28-2008, 09:31 PM
i don't know if this counts but i can't stop listening to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5BxymuiAxQ

Udink
05-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Weezer!

goofball
05-28-2008, 10:07 PM

how is that pronounced w/ all the emphasis on th silent e ? its driving me crazy trying to figure that out ! :dizzy:

JP
05-28-2008, 10:12 PM

abirken
05-28-2008, 10:16 PM

how is that pronounced w/ all the emphasis on th silent e ? its driving me crazy trying to figure that out ! :dizzy:

Theve (like heave or eve) - ery

:2thumbs:

abirken
05-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Just two good old boys, never meanin' no harm....
Beats all you never saw, been in trouble with the law
Since the day they was born.

Straightenin' the curves, flattenin' the hills....
Someday the mountain might get 'em but the law never will.

Makin' their way, the only way they know how...
That's just a little bit more than the law will allow.

Just two good ol' boys, wouldn't change if they could,
Fightin' the system like two modern-day Robin Hoods...

:2thumbs:

Ride On
05-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Blink-182 live at BDO, and my computer teacher yelling at me.

KapitanSparrow
05-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Right now I'm listening carefully for the sounds of the steps my boss makes so I don't get caught, heh.

Don
05-29-2008, 07:38 AM
I like this thread. I love it when people name some obscure band that they are listening to, because then I get to check out some obscure band and maybe find cool new music. :2thumbs:
On a less abscure note I

JP
05-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Straightenin' the curves, flattenin' the hills...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Zukimog/gl.jpg

fourtycal
05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Blink-182 live at BDO, and my computer teacher yelling at me.

:roll: you should be working on extra credit to get that grade up :lol8:

BruteForce
05-29-2008, 07:57 AM
www.pandora.com, listening to my mix of "Planet P Project" compilations.

abirken
05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
[quote=Don] :2thumbs:
On a less abscure note I

abirken
05-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Straightenin' the curves, flattenin' the hills...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Zukimog/gl.jpg

Man! This was THE SHOW. I looked forward to it every week. I had a crush on Bo and Daisy! HAHA!!

Don
05-29-2008, 08:36 AM
You are joking right? How can anyone compare a Beastie Boys, Chili Peppers album to a Neil Diamond. Those bands shouldn't be included in the same sentence. Don't make me come thru the computer screen and inflict bodily harm.......... :lol8:

I'm not comparing those albums, I don't listen to JayZ at all and I don't really like the Beastie Boys all that much. I am saying that Rick Rubin produced some well known albums by some well known bands. I think it was Rick Rubin producing that really helped bring Johnny Cash back to popularity in the years before his death.
That production talent is behind the new Neil Diamond album and has scored Neil his first chart topping album debut.

Teleken
05-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Gene Harris, jazz piano. He's a cool cat man, a cool cat.

abirken
05-29-2008, 08:49 AM
You are joking right? How can anyone compare a Beastie Boys, Chili Peppers album to a Neil Diamond. Those bands shouldn't be included in the same sentence. Don't make me come thru the computer screen and inflict bodily harm.......... :lol8:

I'm not comparing those albums, I don't listen to JayZ at all and I don't really like the Beastie Boys all that much. I am saying that Rick Rubin produced some well known albums by some well known bands. I think it was Rick Rubin producing that really helped bring Johnny Cash back to popularity in the years before his death.
That production talent is behind the new Neil Diamond album and has scored Neil his first chart topping album debut.

Just teasin ya!! Poke poke........ :haha: It's great we all have SUCH varied taste in music. And funny to see the old timers making come backs. Next is Barry Manilow. :lol8:

accadacca
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
www.zakkwylde.com :headbang:

http://www.modernguitarist.com/wp-content/pics/zakk-wylde-gibson-zv.jpg

Ih8grvty
06-02-2008, 06:15 AM
Just got back from a really good bike ride to my pilates class, and was jamming to some tunes and was thinking what other people listen to when they workout/run/bike etc.

I've been listening to
Old Crow Medicine Show
Band of Annuals (Local SLC Band)
Led Zeppelin (of course)

So is this a what am I listening to now or a what are some good songs for working out? thread?
right now iM listening tot eh brides hair dryer and CNN in the background, but for working out I enjoy alot of different stuff.
FLogging Molly is always great at least the faster ones for working out, the slower ones I prefer to keep off the ipod and just listen to in the car or at home. Helloweens I want Out is always grand, alot of disturbed is wonderful when your raising heart rate! stupify, prayer,dropping plates... hard fast and mean, Being as IM old, Metallica, back before they sucked I mean, Megadeth, also back before they sucked, the mid career of alice cooper, like the raise your fist album.
For alot of it it depends on what M doing, I have a wide range of musical tastes, from classical to death metal.
and someone on this site in another thread wrote about Flogging Molly, if you like that check out dave king (Founder and lead of Flogging) back when he was just a guitarist for Fast Way.

abirken
06-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Being as IM old, Metallica, back before they sucked I mean, Megadeth, also back before they sucked,

I'm old too! Metallica doesn't exist to me after 'And Justice For All' because they sold out and I had to give them up to the masses and MTV. 'Kill em All' and 'Ride the Lightening' take this rocker chic WAY back to 1985. HAHAHA!!

Ih8grvty
06-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Being as IM old, Metallica, back before they sucked I mean, Megadeth, also back before they sucked,

I'm old too! Metallica doesn't exist to me after 'And Justice For All' because they sold out and I had to give them up to the masses and MTV. 'Kill em All' and 'Ride the Lightening' take this rocker chic WAY back to 1985. HAHAHA!!

That is what Im talking about! those are the days before they sucked!
I did however like the black album.
Someone said something about obscure bands earlier in this thread, like obscure?
I shall now give you something thats great, but noones ever heard of, Ill even opena new tab, see if I can find some links to include.
Most people have never heard of Tom Waits, start with him then look into The Red Elvises! To test run them I would look into rocket man and I wanna see you belly dance. Tow of my favorite RE songs atleast.
lets see a link... well Im lazy, copy and paste!
http://www.myspace.com/redelvises
complete with some music since its a myspace page!

Not really your musical style? Maybe your more country?
The Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash is the ticket for random obscure country!
A story I already knew, but also found on the page I am about to give you:

Mark Stuart formed the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash on a whim, by accident, by chance, by fortune. He'd been in a punk rock band but that was done, over, finished, and it had nearly finished him. He had a dream one night, and out of the dream came a band name: the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash. The new name was a joke, sort of. And yet, soon enough, it wasn't a joke anymore. Soon enough, it was a band, and soon enough, it was enough of a band that Johnny Cash himself gave them his personal seal of approval, and Johnny Cash's own legitimate son helped produce their first album.

see it all and hear some of it at
http://www.myspace.com/bsojc

THey did or I guess the right way to say is is they redid some of Cash's songs, but most are originals, that page even includes a great remake of "Long Black Vail"

No links to samples or anything I found in the first 30 seconds of a google search but you can look more on your own and find something I am sure.
Ever see Eddie adn the Cruisers? Everyones seen teh movie and its follow up, and most everyone likes the music, but no one knows who did the actual recordings, IF you fit into that group of people, look into John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band. Alot of the same music style as the films, but no so dated, unless ya count 80s music as dated

:haha:

While it shouldnt be some obscure music, it seems noone knows of Warren Zevon. I promise youv heard the music even if ya dont know the name, that is so long as you listen to any linda rondstat in the 70's.
http://www.warrenzevon.com/
He died the same time as Johnny Cash, so new stuff is not gonna happen, but all of his works are great, atleast in my mind, and his kid is starting to record as well, in fact he was on Letterman a few weeks ago, He is not his dad, but hes good.
the Myspace page for Jordan:
http://www.myspace.com/zevon
as a bonus, the song Studebaker, is one of his dads.
Guess for any more I would have to head to the car and grab the CD case, or the Ipod as these are just me favorites that come to the top of my head, I know so many more though.

theking648
06-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Disturbed Indestructible.

got it on the first, (release date 3rd) just before my camping trip.. i've been listening to it all week.

Wilma
06-13-2008, 08:55 PM
American IV: The Man Comes Around
Johnny Cash

I luv the song Hurt. Cash is the greatest ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

Sombeech
06-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Strunz & Farah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ2wHnU8NH0

Wilma
06-13-2008, 09:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RP1G5i5q-hk&feature=related

hank moon
06-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Most people have never heard of Tom Waits, start with him then look into The Red Elvises!

I think what you meant to say is that most people who were raised on Metallica and Megadeth haven't heard of Tom Waits. :mrgreen:

Since you like Tom, check out the movie, "Down By Law" sometime - features Waits and Roberto Benigni - good stuff, slow good...

Saw the Red Elvises a few years back at Bumbershoot...hot!

Ih8grvty
06-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Most people have never heard of Tom Waits, start with him then look into The Red Elvises!

I think what you meant to say is that most people who were raised on Metallica and Megadeth haven't heard of Tom Waits. :mrgreen:

Since you like Tom, check out the movie, "Down By Law" sometime - features Waits and Roberto Benigni - good stuff, slow good...

Saw the Red Elvises a few years back at Bumbershoot...hot!

No I meant just what I said.
Iv been listening to Waits since the mid 80s when I was introduced to him by my brother. Actually thats how i found the red evlises too.
I know a hell of alot of people, of all ages, and 1 count her 1, a lesbian girl thats in her 20s now, knew who waits was.
Iv seen that movie! and the Rain Dogs video, caught all his appearances on Letterman. Some place I got a list of all appearances he made, hes done a few acting jobs, and alot of music for sound tracks.
I dont know how people have skipped over him so long, hes been putting out music since the 70s and still is writing new songs and recording new albums.
The one that always got me pissed was Bruce Springsteen records Jersey Girl and people love it, hes brilliant only bruce could write such a great song, and it was Tom who wrote the damned thing!
Aside from the girl I mentioned above, I know me, my mom, and my oldest brother, anyone else has either never heard of him, or hated him.
I however think he is a genius!

abirken
06-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Listening to my microwave pop popcorn. Thanks Beech. :2thumbs: :frustrated:

accadacca
07-12-2008, 11:39 PM
It's late but I am in the mood for metal. I've been listening to Pantera and Megadeth for a while on YouTube tonight. This is a great live version of Megadeth - Go To Hell somewhere in 1991. :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bh0oFrGgRU

greyhair biker
07-15-2008, 12:39 PM
INCUBUS -morning view. :rockon:

Don
07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Most people have never heard of Tom Waits

I'm not a huge fan (he's often kinda weird), but I remember how I heard about Tom Waits. In '95 an opening scene in the movie Things to Do in Denver When Your Dead had Andy Garcia cruising on a highway to the song Jockey Full Of Bourbon by Tom. I had never heard him before so I checked the soundtrack and bought a Waits album in order to get that song.
I still love that song, it's on a roadtrip playlist on my iPod with Woke Up This Morning by Alabama 3 (from the Sopranos), Dance Me To The End by Leonard Cohen, Devils and Dust by Springsteen, I Won't Back Down by Johnny Cash and Burn Burn Burn by Ronnie Elliot. A few others...

Mooseman70
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Received Coldplay's "VivaLaVida" a couple days ago for my birthday. Listened to it once already, but need to keep at it. I've thouroughly enjoyed the other Coldplay albums I own. :2thumbs:

One of my other favorite groups is Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, my hometown band, from So Cal. :nod: I've been a big fan of them since their early days, going back about 15 years or so, and it was fun to get to attend their concert on July 12th at the Sandy Amphitheater. :cool2: I'd not seen them in concert in about 6 years, so it was a nice treat to enjoy them in the intimate setting which the Sandy Amphitheater provides.

The best part of the evening was sticking around after the show.....Got to meet the band again and have my photo taken with the boys. Treated my wife and I like family members, and chatted with them like it was old times. :gents: Made for one memorable birthday present! :2thumbs:

abirken
07-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Mooseman: SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a great evening. :2thumbs:

As for me, I'm listening to cheesy spa music which is what I have to listen to all day..............................I wonder what my clients would do if I threw in some AC/DC? :lol8: