PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report ATV & Geocaching scramble this weekend (31st at 9am)

BruteForce
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Just a few more days before this event.

Please come prepared with your offroad vehicles, GPSr and a pre-determined list of cache's you'd like to go after.

Also, if you have maps of the area or favorite locations, be prepared to discuss and share.

I'll be the person in camo, riding the camo'd Kawasaki Brute Force 750i sporting a flat top haircut.

Depending on the turn-out of people, we'll meet/greet, swap favorite trail areas and geocache locations, then either split into teams or decide to all head out together.

Anyone is allowed to participate, but you must have some form of transport through the desert terrain. I don't care if you drive a Porsche (if you don't mind the scratches, neither do I).

If you just want to learn about the trails and geocaching, by all means -- show up.

For additional info, or to sign-up (no cost), go here (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c035ef11-2123-49c5-8410-06db69382735)

BruteForce
05-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I want to thank all the folks that showed up, and even those that only made it the first 2 miles before mechanical failure.

I'm almost positive that several of you will need some Monkey Powder for "baby rash", and others will just need to put ice on their backsides.

All-in-all, despite losing a few machines, the 70.1 mile round trip from 5Mile OHV to Eureka, then to the west of Little Moab was great.

I'm especially happy to see so many new riders taking the trail so well.

Great job everyone!

I'll post a few photos from the ride later tonight.

If any of you feel like riding again, just shoot me a PM. I'm heading down to the Richfield area (Pauite) at the end of June for a full week.

BruteForce
06-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Here are a few snaps of our gang. We started with around 15 vehicles (ATV's and one dune buggy), but quickly worked down to 9 machines due to equipment failure and/or rock damage.

Started at the South/West staging area in 5Mile Pass at 0900, rode south/west to Eureka, fueled-up, then back North/East toward 5Mile. RTB at around 1930 for a total of 70.1 miles.

RedMan
06-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Now thats a good time.
:five:

accadacca
06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Great day for a ride. :five:

fourtycal
06-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Excellent. Wish I would have made it. Looks like a great time.

Old Jeeper
06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
I guess I should read these posts more often. I was out there too. It was probably you guys that I waited on to pass by. Just below Scranton. I had my ol' red Honda motorcycle. I went into Broad Canyon via Blackrock Canyon and rode for a couple of hours there. Then back to 5mile. 80 miles and 6 hours round trip.

BruteForce
06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I guess I should read these posts more often. I was out there too. It was probably you guys that I waited on to pass by. Just below Scranton. I had my ol' red Honda motorcycle. I went into Broad Canyon via Blackrock Canyon and rode for a couple of hours there. Then back to 5mile. 80 miles and 6 hours round trip.

That was probably us. I was at the head of the column and recall saying something about there being around 15 quads behind me. You held tight and we continued toward the mine area.

Old Jeeper
06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Yep, that's right.