PDA

View Full Version : Any quad camping trips coming up?

VINIA
05-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I liked to get involved with a long four wheeling camping trip. I seen some pics of some past trips, and they look like a blast! let me know I'd like to go.

BruteForce
05-28-2008, 01:05 PM
I liked to get involved with a long four wheeling camping trip. I seen some pics of some past trips, and they look like a blast! let me know I'd like to go.

Late June, we're going to take the RV and park someplace in Marysvale (or near the Fremont Indian Museum off I-70). From there, my 10 year old and I will commence our 2nd annual ATV tent camping trip.

Last year, we drove about 60 miles with tent gear on our quads, camped out, remained self contained (except for one stop at Hoover's for all you can eat crab legs), then motored back to the RV to my waiting wife and oldest son.

I'd like to do the same thing in the San Rafael Swell.. that place is amazing!

BruteForce
08-17-2008, 03:05 PM
I realize this is a bit dated (May), but I'm contemplating packing tents/sleeping bags and my hiking boots and heading up above Ophir Canyon next weekend.

Once there, I'm thinking about hiking 1-2miles to the top ridgeline (overlooking Ophir on the West and Cedar Fort on the East) to hit 3 as-of-yet unclaimed geocaches.

Afterward, I want to further explore that area, creating a GPSr trail map and just camp for the weekend.

The only downside is that bow-hunting season has started and hunters were crawling through that area this weekend.

Anybody else interested?