PDA

View Full Version : My Name Is Colby

colbylee
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone my name is COlby. I'm 23 years old and live in Salt Lake City, Utah in the downtown area. I go to school and Salt Lake Community College and plan on going to the U of U next year to get my degree in Environmental Studies or Geography. I also enjoy photography. I have a Canon XTI Rebal, I love it and take it everywhere with me, and from browsing the site I notice you guys love pictures. I'll do my best to match the beautiful pictures I've seen on the site.
I'm a novice hiker, been going my whole life, but never hiked anything too crazy. I want this to change this year, I want to hike many trails this year, and I already started by doing the Delicate Arch hike two weeks ago. I know it's a easy hike, and little babies can do it, but it triggered the hippie in me, and now I want to be outside everyday exploring mountains and trails.
My favorite hike so far in my life has been to White Pine Lake, it was amazing, and I plan on doing it again this year when the snow line gets higher.
I want to know any good hikes around the SLC area, I dont have a lot of money so I don't want to waste money on gas, so sticking around the SLC valley is were I want to start this year. If anyone has any good hikes let me know.
Thanks....I plan on talking to all of you real soon.
-Colby Lee Laveder

JP
05-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I also enjoy photography. I have a Canon XTI Rebal, I love it and take it everywhere with me, and from browsing the site I notice you guys love pictures. I'll do my best to match the beautiful pictures I've seen on the site.
You'll fit right in :2thumbs: Howdy & Welcome :wavey: :wavey: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Zukimog/17.jpg

tanya
05-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Welcome Colby :2thumbs:

Sombeech
05-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Alex
05-28-2008, 05:08 AM
but it triggered the hippie in me, and now I want to be outside everyday exploring mountains and trails.
-Colby Lee Laveder

Welcome to our addiction! :2thumbs:

Hello, my name is Alex and I was fat and ugly, now I am sunburned, skinny and bad ass. Thanks to Bogley for doing this to me, I love you Bogley!

Just kidding :haha:

It will start with small hikes, then you'd want to pick up a rope, get a bike and buy a raft.... it's all about baby steps. We live in an outdoor paradise and it's a sin to sit on your ass at home looking at pics, need to get out and explore!

If you like pictures and like hiking, you will fit right in. Welcome to Bogley.

KapitanSparrow
05-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Welcome. There's tons of places to hike minutes away from the city ;-) Melt you damn snow, melt!

BruteForce
05-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Welcome Colby.. :2thumbs:

RugerShooter
05-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Welcome to Bogley

accadacca
05-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Welcome to bogley. Checking the hiking trail index for ideas. :2thumbs:

Felicia
05-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Hello!

bbennett
05-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Welcome

Da burger
05-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey man, I'm new myself here to this website, but not to Salt Lake City.
First of all, you are a very lucky man to be living so close to the mountains, I live all the way down here on 5600 west and i hate it :twisted:
Anyways, there are Literary hundreds of hikes you can do. I haven't been up to White pine lake yet, but there are better places. Just Google these places and hopefully you'll find info on them. You might have to add "UTAH" after the name of the place.

Let's See

Lake Blanche, Lillian and Florence (all in one loop)
Redpine lake, and 3 upper redpine lakes
Twin lakes reservoir
Sliver lake (American Fork Canyon)
Sliver lake (Brighton)
Lake Mar, Martha, and Cathrine (all in one loop)
Dog lake
Desolation lake

Now to the peaks.

Mount Olympus
Grandeur Peak
Mt. Aire
Mt. Wire (big beacon)
Little Black mountain
Lookout Peak
Ensign Peak
Bountiful Peak
Cave peak
Broadsfork Twin peaks
Lone peak
Pfeifferhorn
Box elder Peak
Mt timpanogos
Kesslers peak
Thunder Mountain
American Fork twin Peaks
Hidden Peak
Sugarload peak

now there are some trails that don't actually go to a peak

Mill B north
Mill B south ( Lake Blanche Trail)
Mill D south
Mill D north
Wasatch Crest trail
Great western Trail
Bonneville Shoreline Trail
Pipeline Trail

and much more, you'll have to go searching on the Internet to find more!!