PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report I'm in heaven

moab mark
05-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Never scanned down and saw the boating forum. Spent the last hour looking through all the posts. Awesome pics. Found a new place to hang out.
To bad we will not have willard bay this year. Pineview will be crowded. Anyone spend much time riding a sky ski? I am trying to learn to do flips and not having much success. Pull two off and then bang my head for several more. It's getting painful.
Mark

Sombeech
05-16-2008, 09:06 PM
:lol8: Just be sure somebody is filming while you're pulling those tricks.

Crashes are even better. :haha:

So, no Willard, huh? I guess they're still repairing the walls? That's too bad with all of the run off we'll have.

moab mark
05-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Here's a few pic's to get everyone ready for the season. Nice glass morning at pine view. The water ski's are of my brother and I. Pray for sun we need warmer water.
The one's on the sky ski are self explanatory. I land about every 3rd or 4th try. But it is getting painful.
Mark

DiscGo
05-17-2008, 09:44 AM
You know that Discovery Channel commercial "The World is Just Awesome"? This reminds me of that, only I realize more and more how awesome the world is and how many cool things are in it that I will never tap.

Sombeech
05-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Ahh, very nice cuts, and nice pics! Keep em coming.

In fact, I may have seen you out there a couple of times. What boat are you in?

moab mark
05-17-2008, 11:00 AM
we have a black and red malibu. Also use a green and white tige.
Mark

Sombeech
05-17-2008, 11:13 AM
we have a black and red malibu. Also use a green and white tige.
Mark

Hmm, I think we've seen you. I'm usually with glasscutter (Mark) and he was in an Orange & White Malibu, which he just sold. And we're usually in his purlple and white Ski Centurion.

We're usually wakesurfing, wakeboarding, and skiing. Once in a while we'll break out the barefoot boom.

moab mark
05-17-2008, 11:34 AM
You've got to take up barefoot on the end of the rope. It's not that hard to start. We use to use a boom but being on a rope is alot more fun. I'll see if I have any pics. You step off a slalom ski and away you go. You need a old style slalom ski with the old toe strap on the back. Take your front foot and put it on top of the boot, do not put inside. You have to be able to get up without your foot in the front boot, not to tough for most good skiers. Then get up to about 30 or so, get just outside the wake, just in the swell, and take your back foot out and get the feel for it on the water and then take the speed up. When all feels good slide your front foot off. You will peel your eye lids back a few times but then you'll be rockin. Wearing Teva's or smooth bottom boat shoes help alot. We use to do it alot but have gotten lazy as we get older. Surfing is more my speed now. I never thought that you could have so much fun behind a boat only going nine m.p.h. but surfing rules. The interaction between the surfer and the people in the boat makes it alot of fun.

Mark

accadacca
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Very nice airchair shots! :hail2thechief:

glasscutter
05-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Nice pics! Great cuts and nice water. Can't wait to get out there. We'll have to arrange to meet sometime on the lake. Thanks for the tips on barefooting. We'll have to try it that way.