PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on the Weber River?

KapitanSparrow
05-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Hey guys, any good fishing spots on the Weber River? I'm hoping to go tomorrow morning. Not a big fisherman but heck, that rod has been sitting in the car forever. The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources hotspot locator says that fishing is red hot on Weber. Is that thing reliable? Thanks for your help ;-)

LOAH
05-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I've had limited exposure to the Weber, but I caught fish when I went.

I fished right where Lost Creek comes in and used a blue fox #2 and a rapala in rainbow. I caught a lot of weeds, but I got a couple of nice browns. The bridges in that area create some good holes on the back sides of the pillars.

I think bait is legal there, so you might consider dropping a worm in.

Good luck.

I think waltny spends some time on the Weber with some frequency.

waltny
05-09-2008, 11:09 PM
You are correct sir. Seems to be the only one I fish due to location and time constraints.
I was up in that area a few weeks ago and we did well at the taggarts exit and croydon(lost creek, cement plant). We got a couple browns and even a cutt there. Ive fished it from the weber river walk way in Riverdale to inbetween the reserviors. I would concur with the brass blue fox, a "secret softbait" or rolling a worm. Im not an accomplished enough fly fishermen to tell you what flies to drag or drop behind a bubble if you have spinning gear. Standard nymphs should still be doing well, scuds, sow bugs, san jaun worms, midges I know were working. Im sure there are some hatches going on that BWOs, caddis, and parachute adams should be working, but dont quote me on that.