05-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Brilliant idea IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziIdjrR_MRs

Redpb
05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
That'd be fun to play with for about an hour... Cool idea though

Deathcricket
05-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah I don't know about that. I think you or I would probably get bored easily but 2 musicians trying to collaborate on a song probably wouldn't. They spend hours and hours trying to get a beat right or devise a "perfect" techno song. Since I have no musical talent though, this is pure speculation on my part.
:2thumbs:

Redpb
05-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I am a musician. However, I can't stand that techno beat crap. This just goes to show how easy it can be to put a beat together and make a hit.

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Sorry, just had to throw that in there

LOAH
05-11-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm a musician and I think it's awesome.

I see where you're coming from with your "techno beat crap" statement though. Many times, the right equipment is in the wrong hands and we end up with, pardon me, "bubblegum" techno. Bubblegum meaning popular and trendy.

Techno can be very, VERY articulate though. It takes a lot of skill to match up samples and scratch well. Plus, some DJ's actually come up with their own melodies and rhythms (imagine that).

I can respect and enjoy techno that required talent to create. Any form of music, for that matter.

It's just the commercial radio crap that I can't stand.

With all that being said, I'm still most partial to acoustic music; Music that can be played and enjoyed while in nature.