PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone working today or are we just all on Bogley hangin?

abirken
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I noticed the amounts of us that are online at the moment. Is this the Bogley watercooler break for the day or what? HAHA!!!! Hey will you pass me a plastic cup please............ :nod:

accadacca
04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Working, yeah of course. Yeah, break we are having. Hey I can have endless amounts of tabs and programs open. :lol8:

jumar
04-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Working, yeah of course. Yeah, break we are having. Hey I can have endless amounts of tabs and programs open. :lol8:
Multitasking :2thumbs:

Alex
04-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Gosh, I need a plastic cup filled with something stronger than tap water....for some reason I feel like punching something or someone. Anyone wants to volunteer? :bash:

accadacca
04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey my next meeting is at 2:30. Trying to clear my head. .. yeah, yeah. :five:

Felicia
04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
It's still lunchtime for me. :nod:

sparker1
04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
This has been a tough day for me. So far, we've been to Sam's, Best Buy, Home goods, a furniture store and WalMart. Selected a big TV, a bedroom TV, a Home theater system and tons of "accessories". I would rather be at work. NOT!!!! :eek2:

abirken
04-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Gosh, I need a plastic cup filled with something stronger than tap water....for some reason I feel like punching something or someone. Anyone wants to volunteer? :bash:

Russian Vodka? HAHA!!!! :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
04-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm done in 45 minutes. No point to start on something I can't finish, heh.

abirken
04-30-2008, 12:57 PM
This has been a tough day for me. So far, we've been to Sam's, Best Buy, Home goods, a furniture store and WalMart. Selected a big TV, a bedroom TV, a Home theater system and tons of "accessories". I would rather be at work. NOT!!!! :eek2:
I'd LOVE to be blowing that kind of money right now.............LUCKY!

abirken
04-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Yea forget spending that last 45 minutes working.........ehhh. I'm with ya on that one. HAHA!!

abirken
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Hey my next meeting is at 2:30. Trying to clear my head. .. yeah, yeah. :five:

Yea my next bikini wax is at 2:30 and I need to mentally prepare myself for it. :roflol:

KapitanSparrow
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
My "Is this good for the company?" sign from the movie Office Space is on the back wall and I can't see it ;-)

Cirrus2000
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Leaving in 5 minutes to go to work. Back and forth between the renovations in the ensuite bathroom and the computer all day. I think my wife wishes I'd just keep working on the renos. Ha!

KapitanSparrow
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm out of here ;-) work that is ;-) with wind in my hair, heh. That's a lie, I think my hair stopped growing ;-(

rockgremlin
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Yea my next bikini wax is at 2:30 and I need to mentally prepare myself for it. :roflol:

YOU TOO?!

WEIRD!!! :lol8:

abirken
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM

YOU TOO?!

WEIRD!!! :lol8:

'Tis the season for assembly line hair removal where I work...........YIKES!! It's wonderful when I go home at the end of the day covered in sticky wax and other peoples pubes. Yup! :eek2:

sportsman
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
doing both working and hanging out on bogley

DiscGo
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM

:haha:

RugerShooter
04-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Some of us just like to hang out on Bogley all day. :2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
04-30-2008, 07:02 PM
'Tis the season for assembly line hair removal where I work...........YIKES!! It's wonderful when I go home at the end of the day covered in sticky wax and other peoples pubes. Yup! :eek2:

Ahhh, I see. I (and it's pretty safe to say, pretty much every other guy on the board) assumed that you were so comfortable in our presence that you didn't mind telling us that you were having a bikini wax done at 2:30...

My manzilian isn't until next weekend...

tanya
04-30-2008, 07:06 PM

Ahhh, I see. I (and it's pretty safe to say, pretty much every other guy on the board) assumed that you were so comfortable in our presence that you didn't mind telling us that you were having a bikini wax done at 2:30...

:mrgreen:

abirken
04-30-2008, 07:55 PM

Nope I'm the chic that delivers the pain of your manzilian. HAHAHAHAAA :twisted:

JP
04-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Working :haha: I don't have to worry about that for a bit :haha:

KapitanSparrow
05-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Morning all! Lets make this discussion alive today as I no longer have access to gmail or other emails :-(

JP
05-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Good Morning :lol8:

BruteForce
05-01-2008, 06:24 AM
It's wonderful when I go home at the end of the day covered in sticky wax and other peoples pubes. Yup! :eek2:

:popcorn: :a: You do what exactly?

KapitanSparrow
05-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Do men really wax themselves here and there that often? I'm no hairy guy but I got some hair on my back, sort of east and west forests, keeping my kidneys warm, and I never thought of waxing. Heck, maybe I'm just old style.

abirken
05-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes hair removal is huge especially this time of year. I do a ton of laser hair removal too. So if I'm not up to my elbows in wax then I have the laser fired up all day long. :nod: And the whole hair thing is totally personal. I have some people come in that really need it and I feel great about helping them b/c they have excessive amounts. And others just want a little removed here and there. :2thumbs:

abirken
05-01-2008, 07:19 AM
It's wonderful when I go home at the end of the day covered in sticky wax and other peoples pubes. Yup! :eek2:

:popcorn: :a: You do what exactly?

Medical Esthetician. Skin stuff.

abirken
05-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Ok so let's get this thread rolling: What does everyone do when they aren't playing on Bogley or out playing in the wild wild west! Obviously we all have the two in common.

KapitanSparrow
05-01-2008, 07:25 AM
I have two kids at home, two cats that is, heh. I don't think it makes me any less of a man, heh. I always liked cats and their personality. I love dogs too but I wouldn't want to leave it at home all day long while I'm at work. I'm also into tropical fresh water fish, currently thinking about setting up a tank. I left all my tanks in NY ;-( What's more, I'm into books, current events, cooking. Currently looking for a life partner, heh. Ok, that's enough.

accadacca
05-01-2008, 08:14 AM
I am crazy about motorcycles. . . :crazy:

live2ride
05-01-2008, 08:19 AM
I sell drugs :smoking: :bandit2:

rockgremlin
05-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I travel to Texas to visit my other wives...

JP
05-01-2008, 09:02 AM
I have CHF :haha:

abirken
05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Just got to work. I don't wanna be here. TOO MUCH GOING ON THIS WEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!! :frustrated:

JP
05-01-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm relaxing on the couch :haha: I have to figure out where to go and get my heart pumping easy.

bbennett
05-01-2008, 09:23 AM
I've got seven more days before I have to go back to work. :rope: Why doesn't the time on go by as quickly as the time off?

KapitanSparrow
05-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Sucks! I have to spend the next 3.5 hours on real work. So talk to you later. Maybe, just one more word association post, heh.

BruteForce
05-01-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm about to start some much needed vacation:

Next week, my mother flies in from Houston and we'll hang out. I'll probably send her to Wendover with the wife and mother-in-law, perhaps we'll head down to Moab for some hiking.

The following week, I'm in a 5 day Wilderness survival/safety course.

Memorial, I hope to head down to Marysvale, staying at Lizzie and Charlies RV park and doing some hard-core ATV'ing along the Paiute.

Then, at the end of May, I'm hosting an ATV/Geocaching scamble out in the 5Mile/12Mile/Little Moab and Eureka areas.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Alex
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
BruteForce, that sounds like you got the whole thing figured out... sending the wife off and all :lol8: :2thumbs:

Hey what's this course you are talking about? Do you have more info on it?

BruteForce
05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
BruteForce, that sounds like you got the whole thing figured out... sending the wife off and all :lol8: :2thumbs:

Hey what's this course you are talking about? Do you have more info on it?

The course is sponsored by the Utah Safety Council and information can be found at: here (http://www.utahsafetycouncil.org/training/course_desc.asp?eid=108)

And a quick correction on the title/subject of the training, it's actually: Wilderness First Aid Course

Alex
05-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I did similar through REI, but it was nothing like 5 days. That sounds awesome. I am launching on 16th on Dolores, so can't take any more days off work. Otherwise I'd go in with you.

greyhair biker
05-01-2008, 11:52 AM
-----in the middle of graves...day three starts tonight, at least it's warm underground and NO SNOW! I just woke up so I'm gonna go work out, go finish a rebuild in the bikeshop while Pink Floyd is cranking out the mellows..........did I say I HATE the F@#KING cold weather?! Yeah, that too :lol8: ...can't show off my mexico tan :cool2:

abirken
05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Sounds like we have all kinds of things going on besides Bogley and getting outside as much as possible. We are a kick butt group of peeps. Currently, I have been focusing on my sons boyscouting activities and my belly dancing. Talk about feeling over committed this week!! Sheesh!! I started belly dance class a few months ago and this past week has proven A LOT OF WORK because we perform this weekend. I'm very nervous about it but looking forward to giving it my all for our local art center. WISH ME LUCK but don't tell me to break a leg. I really want to make it to the noobfest!!! So that's whats going on in Alison's world. :party:

abirken
05-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I have two kids at home, two cats that is, heh. I don't think it makes me any less of a man, heh. I always liked cats and their personality. I love dogs too but I wouldn't want to leave it at home all day long while I'm at work. I'm also into tropical fresh water fish, currently thinking about setting up a tank. I left all my tanks in NY ;-( What's more, I'm into books, current events, cooking. Currently looking for a life partner, heh. Ok, that's enough.

Ok so if you don't mind polygamy, wanna get married? Women can be polygamist too, right? HAHA!!! I'm a cat person all the way. A man that is into cooking? DANG!! I think Mr. Accadacca is also a kitchen slave. I love to eat and not shy about it. :haha:
SOOOOOOO...............at the noobfest, what are you guys going to cook???? Inquiring minds want to know. :mwink: Oh wait you guys aren't going.

JP
05-01-2008, 10:41 PM
underground and NO SNOW!
You're still having cold weather out there on top though, aren't you :ne_nau: That has to really suck coming home from any type of vacation. This spring Moab was taken out of the trip lineup, but it's cold and snowing still here while we're out there. When we get back, the snow is usually done :haha:

KapitanSparrow
05-02-2008, 07:38 AM

Ok so if you don't mind polygamy, wanna get married? Women can be polygamist too, right? HAHA!!! I'm a cat person all the way. A man that is into cooking? DANG!! I think Mr. Accadacca is also a kitchen slave. I love to eat and not shy about it. :haha:
SOOOOOOO...............at the noobfest, what are you guys going to cook???? Inquiring minds want to know. :mwink: Oh wait you guys aren't going.

Married? My old wise friend once told me that a wife is a great institution. That was when I told him I got married. He said, "Maciej, it's so great that I had two already." ;-)

Heh. I wish I could join the noobfest but there's already a waiting list a mile long and I probably can't afford days off.

accadacca
05-02-2008, 08:25 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :headbang:

BruteForce
05-02-2008, 08:36 AM
And so in a few hours, my 2 weeks out of the office begins!

:rockon: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
05-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Congrats, Brute Force! Send us pics when you get back.

accadacca
05-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Congrats, Brute Force! Send us pics when you get back.
Fo sho!

I just ate my mcgriddle and oj.

KapitanSparrow
05-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm pretending to be interested in work, heh. Both of my co-workers in my dept. are already enjoying their weekend so it's just me and the boss, heh. But he's cool.

Iceaxe
05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I think I will spend this weekend working.... because I spent too much time on Bogley this week and didn't get done what I needed to get done.... now I'm screwed!!!

abirken
05-02-2008, 09:47 AM
I think I will spend this weekend working.... because I spent too much time on Bogley this week and didn't get done what I needed to get done.... now I'm screwed!!! :crackit: Better get to work!!! If we see you on here this weekend, you are going to hear about it. :lol8:

tanya
05-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I think I will spend this weekend working.... because I spent too much time on Bogley this week and didn't get done what I needed to get done.... now I'm screwed!!!

I have some work for you. :twisted:

KapitanSparrow
05-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Did we have some site outage or what? It seemed very slow some time ago and didn't load couple of times.

BruteForce
05-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Did we have some site outage or what? It seemed very slow some time ago and didn't load couple of times.

I had the same experience/issue. Seems back to normal now.

Felicia
05-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm waiting for lunch to be over so I can get the rest of this work day over!

Got places to go and things to do....... :2thumbs:

abirken
05-02-2008, 01:45 PM

I had the same experience/issue. Seems back to normal now.

ME THREE........about an hour ago or so, it wasn't loading.

JP
05-02-2008, 01:48 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :headbang:
It's gonna be Friday for me everyday for awhile :haha: But, Happy Friday :friday: :friday: :friday: :friday:

Wilma
05-03-2008, 06:58 PM

Sorry for takin' all your time hunny, but you're too hot to leave alone!

Iceaxe
05-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Sorry for takin' all your time hunny, but you're too hot to leave alone!

:feelgood:

Yes.... i'm at work again today trying to catch up.....

tanya
05-04-2008, 09:43 AM
It must be that Bad Boy image attracting all the ladies. :haha:

accadacca
05-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Currently suffering from an after lunch hangover. . .

Feeling very sleepy that is, the kids kept me up. :frustrated:

Felicia
05-05-2008, 01:23 PM
....waiting for lunch to be over. How many more days till the weekend? :frustrated:

accadacca
05-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Yep, just workin' for the weekend. :bud:

abirken
05-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh man............attempting to get thru this day. Very, very tired. Woke up way too early for my liking to get my bike ride in. :) And by the way.........LOOK AT ALL OF US ONLINE RIGHT NOW. We get paid to do what? :lol8:

accadacca
05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
It has been holding steady at about 30 or so registered at a time during most days. :five: Wish a few of the guests would register.

Felicia
05-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Back to work......Let's get this afternoon over with! :five:

accadacca
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Time to go home yet? Bloody hell! Mondays suck. :compthrow:

abirken
05-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Time to go home yet? Bloody hell! Mondays suck. :compthrow:

agree :nod: :frustrated:

greyhair biker
05-06-2008, 08:20 AM
dont hate me but it's been Friday since saturday morning and will be until I go back to work thursday dayshift :haha: although, I DID spend the whole afternoon in the bikeshop with customers monday. :ne_nau:

BruteForce
05-06-2008, 08:53 AM
dont hate me but it's been Friday since saturday morning and will be until I go back to work thursday dayshift :haha: although, I DID spend the whole afternoon in the bikeshop with customers monday. :ne_nau:

And it's been Friday for me since last Saturday. I don't go back to work until the 15th!

Yesterday, I spent the day 4wheeling from 5Mile OHV to Eureka, then round the mountain back toward Little Moab.

Stopped just North of Eureka and put about 200 rounds downrange.

Got a good sunburn, but the weather and terrain were outstanding!

Today, it's off to hike around Antelope Island, stopping for a Bison burger for lunch! :naughty:

KapitanSparrow
05-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Came to work, brewed fresh coffee, went out to chat with the smokers, did some studying, waiting for lunch, heh. That's exciting, ain't it?

abirken
05-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Sitting at work, eating a noodle bowl, surfing Bogley while on lunch break. Multi-tasking!

bbennett
05-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Headed back to work. It's gonna be a long two weeks. :becca:

I probably need the break from Bogley. I think I was getting addicted.

abirken
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
... break from Bogley. I think I was getting addicted.

That's not possible or is it? :haha:

KapitanSparrow
05-07-2008, 05:40 AM
Morning. Sitting around thinking about sushi. Damn word association game! Guys just say the word that comes to mind, heh, don't expand on the subject. Anyway, can someone recommend a good takeout sushi place in SLC?

JP
05-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Exhaust Emission testing today :mrgreen:

abirken
05-07-2008, 06:43 AM
SUSHI! Yum. I know what I am getting today for lunch. :nod:

JP
05-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Hmmm :popcorn: Just had some oatmeal.

Felicia
05-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm having homemade chicken soup and surfing the net. :2thumbs:

abirken
05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
DYNAMITE ROLL ON IT'S WAY! I'm ravenous!

KapitanSparrow
05-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I had my delicious beets soup for lunch. I made quite a lot of it, heh, so guess what's for dinner? Tomorrow also. The one negative side to eating too much beets is... ah, nevermind, heh.

Felicia
05-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I had my delicious beets soup for lunch. I made quite a lot of it, heh, so guess what's for dinner? Tomorrow also. The one negative side to eating too much beets is... ah, nevermind, heh.

borsch?

KapitanSparrow
05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
borsch?

Similar, less fasting, much more chunkier, filling.

Felicia
05-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I like borsch.....lots of beets and cabbage! :2thumbs:

(I was a dorky kid - and it was much better than liver & onions or kidney stew.......)

abirken
05-07-2008, 01:03 PM
YAY for full bellys!!! That dynamite roll kicked butt! Now I'm just sucking on Ginger Chews (covered in real sugar BTW) for a little something sweet. About to get back to the grind. Great hanging online with everyone for lunch. :haha: :2thumbs:

Felicia
05-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Don't work too hard.......I have 25 mins left to go of my lunch. No carbs yet today...... :2thumbs:

Felicia
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
.....back to work.

greyhair biker
05-07-2008, 03:37 PM
lunch was a turkey & swiss on wheat, followed by a hike with a couple locals to the nearest ridgeline, back in the rain & then a quick cardboard pizza with cajun spices thrown in for good measure...back to the bikeshop - customers' waiting. Now I wait patiently for my new bike to arrive :roll:

KapitanSparrow
05-08-2008, 05:44 AM
I like borsch.....lots of beets and cabbage! :2thumbs:

(I was a dorky kid - and it was much better than liver & onions or kidney stew.......)

Yeah, barszcz is great with beets and cabbage and kidney beans. Barszcz is also a traditional Christmas eve meal on our table just without pieces of beets, cabbage or anything else, only pure borsch. You eat it with cabbage and mushroom pierogis. Ahhh, good times.

Felicia you don't like a nice liver with onions? Heh, I remember I used to like it but not any more. Still smells nice though.

abirken
05-08-2008, 06:45 AM
lunch was a turkey & swiss on wheat, followed by a hike with a couple locals to the nearest ridgeline, back in the rain & then a quick cardboard pizza with cajun spices thrown in for good measure...back to the bikeshop - customers' waiting. Now I wait patiently for my new bike to arrive :roll:

Did your bike arrive? I love it when the UPS man delivers because you know it's going to be something good. Kind of like Christmas. Speaking of, maybe I should do a little online shopping this morning. :2thumbs:

HEHE!! Oh and local update.....it's downpour rain right now so no morning bike ride. :( But today I have to work (blah) and prepare for my little road trip over to Bullhead City for the weekend.

KapitanSparrow
05-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Cheer up folks ;-) Tomorrow's friday!!!! Oh yeah, I am having beets soup for lunch again, heh. But it's good, and I don't eat it too often, so I'm not complaining.

Bo_Beck
05-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Looking good today! Rain part of the forecast? Sundays Lady Mountain trip looks clear and sunny! Then next week the Virgin just might be offering?!

http://www.cbrfc.noaa.gov/river/station/flowplot/flowplot.cgi?NFVU1

Trip through the Narrows ? :ne_nau: And Sunday practice with the touchy subject :Guiding Lines, High Lines and who knows? Maybe even might be fun! Rescue season has been slow...goooood thing :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
05-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Cheer up folks ;-) Tomorrow's friday!!!! Oh yeah, I am having beets soup for lunch again, heh. But it's good, and I don't eat it too often, so I'm not complaining.

You do like those beets! Sounds good.... I broke down and got my sushi yesterday "samurai 21" and it was yummy.

abirken
05-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Looking good today! Rain part of the forecast? Sundays Lady Mountain trip looks clear and sunny! Then next week the Virgin just might be offering?!

Trip through the Narrows ? :ne_nau: And Sunday practice with the touchy subject :Guiding Lines, High Lines and who knows? Maybe even might be fun! Rescue season has been slow...goooood thing :2thumbs:

NICE!!! Sounds like you've got a really fun weekend planned. Good thing rescue season is slow. I'll be doing the family thing, but I may go sneak away and say HI to Denaliguide since I'll be in his neck of the woods. I wonder of any good hikes in the Mohave Desert? HEHE!! :haha:

abirken
05-08-2008, 07:00 AM

Send me your recipe. I'd love to try something new!

KapitanSparrow
05-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Send me your recipe. I'd love to try something new!

Will do. It's easy to make.

As far as sushi, I am going to try out that Go Sushi place on 3300 S while on my way to REI one of these days. I heard it's good.

Randi
05-08-2008, 08:36 AM
[quote=Bo_Beck]Looking good today! Rain part of the forecast? Sundays Lady Mountain trip looks clear and sunny! Then next week the Virgin just might be offering?!

Lady Mountain has soooo many flowers right now! And weird fish-flowers too. We kept smelling this terrible smell on the way up every time we came upon these flowers - but on the way down after the sun wasn't so high, they didn't have any smell at all. And the views from up there are so fantastic!

I'll be in Zion too this w/e - leaving today right after work! YAY! :mrgreen:

NICE!!! Sounds like you've got a really fun weekend planned. Good thing rescue season is slow. I'll be doing the family thing, but I may go sneak away and say HI to Denaliguide since I'll be in his neck of the woods. I wonder of any good hikes in the Mohave Desert? HEHE!! :haha:

There's a lot of really cool stuff in the Mojave Desert: hikes, caves, lava tubes and ghost town type stuff and lots of petros & pictos. And there are some great "booming" sand dunes too, but most likely, your family is probably not living near the really good stuff. Flowers should be out in full bloom everywhere. :ahh:
Have fun everybody ~ it's gonna be a gorgeous weekend!

cp0915
05-08-2008, 09:23 AM
[quote=Bo_Beck]Looking good today! Rain part of the forecast? Sundays Lady Mountain trip looks clear and sunny! Then next week the Virgin just might be offering?!

Lady Mountain has soooo many flowers right now! And weird fish-flowers too. We kept smelling this terrible smell on the way up every time we came upon these flowers - but on the way down after the sun wasn't so high, they didn't have any smell at all. And the views from up there are so fantastic!

I'll be in Zion too this w/e - leaving today right after work! YAY! :mrgreen:

There's a lot of really cool stuff in the Mojave Desert: hikes, caves, lava tubes and ghost town type stuff and lots of petros & pictos. And there are some great "booming" sand dunes too, but most likely, your family is probably not living near the really good stuff. Flowers should be out in full bloom everywhere. :ahh:
Have fun everybody ~ it's gonna be a gorgeous weekend!

Any good hikes in the Mojave Desert? Not to come off as a shameless plug, but I just self-published a guidebook (Rambles & Scrambles) that covers 239 mountain hikes, scrambles & climbs in and around the Mojave Desert. A couple dozen of them are undisputable desert classics.

And the flowers are indeed in bloom!

CP
www.backcountry-explorer.com

tanya
05-08-2008, 09:30 AM
This is an excellent book! I have a copy!

And I am not just saying that because I like to hike with Courtney. :lol8:

cp0915
05-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks Tanya. Everybody has been so nice and supportive and complimentary (at least to me) in their reactions to my book. I realize that might not be the case behind my back.

While my first effort, and certainly not without errors and/or room for improvement, I'm still waiting to hear my first "this book sucks, it isn't accurate, it's gonna get somebody killed" sort of critique. Who's gonna be the first?

JP
05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I have to get propane today :mrgreen:

Randi
05-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks Tanya. Everybody has been so nice and supportive and complimentary (at least to me) in their reactions to my book. I realize that might not be the case behind my back.

While my first effort, and certainly not without errors and/or room for improvement, I'm still waiting to hear my first "this book sucks, it isn't accurate, it's gonna get somebody killed" sort of critique. Who's gonna be the first?

I got no trouble speaking my mind!
I'll tell it like it is :mrgreen:
Bring me a copy this weekend please????
I've been meaning to pick one up, but this way is better cuz I can get ya to sign it for me! :2thumbs:

cp0915
05-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Sweet! I'm flattered.

One will be waiting for you.

accadacca
05-08-2008, 09:06 PM
TGIF soon. . . :banana:

abirken
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM

Thanks so much for the recommendations via PM. I will be hiking most likely Monday since this weekend is Dia De Los Madres and I'll be with family that I haven't seen in a few years. Taking my laptop and will be doing research when I can on which hike is do-able for me and may hit you up for some basic Beta. :) GRACIAS!!!! :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
05-09-2008, 05:54 AM
TGIF soon. . . :banana:

TGIF!!! And boss is out of office to LV to see the Rush ;-) Ok, let me get back to some serious work.

accadacca
05-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Monday is almost over. . . :flipa:

fourtycal
05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Monday is almost over. . . :flipa:

:haha: Just have to waste another half hour.....I wonder if the boys in the shop went dirtbiking, i think ill go check....That should cover it :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Uhhhhggg back to work and now I better get to work. :lol8:

accadacca
05-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Hump day. . . :getiton:

How is everyone gettin' on?

JP
05-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh yea, start the sexual spins in this thread :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

abirken
05-21-2008, 01:01 PM
To all you slackers out there in Bogley-land...........I'm actually working my ass off today. HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrated: :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-21-2008, 01:03 PM
To all you slackers out there in Bogley-land...........I'm actually working my ass off today. HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrated: :2thumbs:
Ah ha! That is where the Mountain Betty is. :hippy:

accadacca
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh yea, start the sexual spins in this thread :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
You started it. :lobby:

Don
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM
:nono: Get back to work! :nono2:

Hump day lunch = :cheers: :friday:

JP
05-21-2008, 01:05 PM
You started it. :lobby:
Too chicken to continue it in the other thread :lol8: Dancing around that pretty good :lol8: :lol8:

KapitanSparrow
05-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Off to find someone who will paint the hood on my car for cheap bucks. A white hood on a dark red body just does not work, heh.

Gutpiler_Utahn
05-21-2008, 01:44 PM
I've been ramping this new team up to production for the last 7 months and it'll be another 6 months before we're fully ramped. Until then, I spend a lot of my time trying to look busy. :haha: I love my job...

As for sushi, try the Don Juan roll at Tsunami at either sugar house or down by the Century 16 theatre. Fan-friggin-tastic. And with as many apparent sushi lovers as we have here, we really need to get together. Oh yeah... Sushi Ya down in Orem is $15 for lunch; $20 for dinner/weekends and it all you can eat. And the sushi is pretty dern tasty. :2thumbs:

(Not to hijack this thread but any tech-savvy folks on here can contact me via PM if they want to be considered for the fifth and final spot on my team. Pays around $42K annually. If I think you'll get along with the engineers, I'll vouch for ya and they seem to be putting some weight on my recommendations here. Both of the last two guys I recommended got hired and almost everybody else got the axe. Anywho... PM me and we'll talk but I need to know soon before they hire some other miscreant.)

abirken
05-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm eating two chicken tacos with lotsa pico de gallo on it. YUMMY!

JP
05-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Eating tacos :lol8: while shaving crotches :lol8: Hmmmmmmmmm :lol8: :lol8:

Gutpiler_Utahn
05-21-2008, 01:48 PM

:roflol: :twisted: :popcorn:

abirken
05-21-2008, 01:49 PM

OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol: FOOT IN MOUTH AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT.

Oh and let's get it straight........I don't shave crotches all day my dear JP. I laser them. Yes it's a much more advanced hair removal method. :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Gotta go to a meeting. . . :roll:

JP
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I laser them. Yes it's a much more advanced hair removal method. :2thumbs:
Up close and personal, just don't get any Pico de Gallo in your work area. It may burn a little :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Gutpiler_Utahn
05-21-2008, 02:21 PM
At least she's not eating egg rolls with lots of spicy mustard at her work station. :kboom:

JP
05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
She prefers tacos, supposedly with lots of Pico de Gallo :roflol:

KapitanSparrow
05-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Is it friday afternoon yet? I am actually begining to feel bad about spending so much time on Bogley while at work :-( I have what they call a conscience, a sense of right and wrong, heh.

Don
05-22-2008, 07:53 AM
I have what they call a conscience, a sense of right and wrong, heh.

I've heard of that before. Could you explain it a little better I'm not understanding the concept. :ne_nau:

accadacca
05-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Got my boys preschool graduation this afternoon. Will be a short day in the office. :cool2:

KapitanSparrow
05-22-2008, 09:40 AM
The weather looks mighty crappy for the weekend ;-(

abirken
05-22-2008, 10:18 AM
This morning, I rode my bike, ran 2 miles and have been packing up things around the house b/c I have the carpet cleaning guy coming tomorrow morning. Spring cleaning is in the air! Although it's not acting very Spring like outside right now. It's raining and chilly and it's supposed to continue through the weekend here. BLAH! :roll:

Felicia
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
It is raining here also......gotta go find something to eat.

greyhair biker
05-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Got up early and worked out a bit here at home. It's still wet out SO, I'm a headin to the rec center for a full body workout...if it clears this afternoon Im gonna get a bikeride in too!
....anyone have morning pictures to post today?

abirken
05-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Another late night........very tired........drizzly and cold here.......have the house torn apart b/c the carpet cleaner is coming. Gotta get moving to the grocery store. UGH!! I hate playing domestic goddess. If I can, going to take a bike ride later weather permitting. :haha:

JP
05-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Fishing tomorrow :nod: Come on, good weather :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Back to work. Ughhh. :wedgie:

accadacca
05-30-2008, 08:20 AM
TGIF!!!! :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
05-30-2008, 08:57 AM
I second that. Can anyone tell me how the bike rack on busses in Utah works? Is it simple? I have to ride the bus today and I don't want to keep everyone waiting while I figure out how this thing works.

abirken
05-30-2008, 09:21 AM
TGIF.......I'm home today. YAY! Going to get all my birds outside, get some laundry done and then sit outside and read a book. :)

All my flowers are starting to bloom and welcome me into Summer. Oh and I get to nurse my new tattoo today as well (keeping it covered with lots of AnD ointment on). It's soooooo pretty. :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
05-30-2008, 09:24 AM
When will we see it? :frustrated:

abirken
05-30-2008, 09:26 AM
When will we see it? :frustrated:

I'll put a pic of it in the tattoo thread in a bit. It's not done, just outlined. :haha:

JP
05-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Up at the shop hanging out and answering phones :haha: