1) squaw peak DH
2) Alpine loop DH
3) Pason cnyn
4) bountiful bomber
5) bobsled slc

any i should know about?

Sombeech
04-26-2008, 12:46 PM
That's the tough thing about freeride/downhill trails. You have to keep them secret or they get torn down.

REDFOX knows a few, I'd like to build some up this summer.

-oh, and I'd probably borrow MY T PIMP's bike again. :haha:

Axpence
04-26-2008, 08:44 PM
That's the tough thing about freeride/downhill trails. You have to keep them secret or they get torn down.

REDFOX knows a few, I'd like to build some up this summer.

-oh, and I'd probably borrow MY T PIMP's bike again. :haha:

i'm gonna build up the last part of squaw peak and alpine loop trail this summer for sure.

one thing i'd like to say to any DH/XC/MX riders/n00bs is: if its raining outside and you and your buddies are thinking of going riding, please don't. it creates ruts in the trail that require maintenance to smooth out again in most places. makes the trail so much worse. its bad disco.

i am so upset with the ranger/management managing squaw peak, there used to be a section with sweet ladders and teeter totters and sweet ladder drops, but they tore it down, BUT there is hope, somebody built up a small ladder trail near the top of the trailhead, PM me for directions if your going to do Squaw downhill.

ogdmfg
04-28-2008, 08:11 AM
yeah, we have to keep the trails on the down low, we all remember what happened to the 22nd st trails -gone, all gone

provodh
04-28-2008, 11:53 PM
we just maintained some of squaw, so it should be clear to build on. btw...the park service said they won't mess with anyone that looks like it's made out of dirt...but if it looks manmade in anyway they'll tear it down. we built a jump 2 weeks ago...well it was up for almost a week, but it's gone now and it was made out of rocks/dirt, so i don't know what to think

Axpence
04-30-2008, 08:48 AM
we just maintained some of squaw, so it should be clear to build on. btw...the park service said they won't mess with anyone that looks like it's made out of dirt...but if it looks manmade in anyway they'll tear it down. we built a jump 2 weeks ago...well it was up for almost a week, but it's gone now and it was made out of rocks/dirt, so i don't know what to think

thats frustrating. i feel your pain as squaw is my home trail aswell.

bbennett
04-30-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't know if you're considering Payson Canyon as the Loafer Mountain trail, but that's definitely one of my favorites. :ride: