PDA

View Full Version : JAZZ/ROCKETS REMATCH

rockgremlin
04-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Either I'm blind or stupid. Help me out here:

Jazz play Houston 3 times during the regular season, and won two out of those three. The Jazz are seeded higher...and the homecourt advantage in the playoffs goes to.....Houston!!?? WTF?! :ne_nau:

trackrunner
04-17-2008, 08:17 AM
I think it has to do with the records.
Jazz: 54-28
Houston: 55-27

Had the Jazz won they would have finished 55-27 also. And because they have the better series match up they'd win the tie breaker and have home court advantage. Same would have happened if Houston lost and finished 54-28.

Now why Jazz 4th seed & Houston 5th seed? Maybe there is a rule where a division winner can't be lower than 4th?? :ne_nau:

rockgremlin
04-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Either way, even IF we beat the Rockets in the first round again, the Jazz will most likely get the Spurs in the second round, and that's where they will choke -- and you can take that to the bank. The Jazz are the Spurs' bitch -- and San Antonio knows it.

Seriously, if the Jazz get the Spurs in the second round, I'll take $500 bones to Vegas and drop it all on the Spurs without a moment's hesitation.

trackrunner
04-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Either way, even IF we beat the Rockets in the first round again, the Jazz will most likely get the Spurs in the second round, and that's where they will choke -- and you can take that to the bank. The Jazz are the Spurs' bitch -- and San Antonio knows it.

Seriously, if the Jazz get the Spurs in the second round, I'll take $500 bones to Vegas and drop it all on the Spurs without a moment's hesitation.

I agree with you that the Jazz have an inferiority mental complex when it comes playing against the Spurs. But the Jazz won

rockgremlin
04-17-2008, 09:55 AM
:lol8: WHOA!! NBA.com screwed up there. The current brackets that you posted have been corrected. I logged on very early this morning to NBA.com, (around 6:00am), and they didn't have the brackets posted up yet. I checked back again at around 7:30, and they had that identical bracket posted, except, they had the Jazz seeded at number 2, and Houston seeded at number 7. I wondered how the heck the Jazz had gotten so high, and the Rockets so low, but I figured NBA.com should know...right?

Someone got shaken down for that one.

RugerShooter
04-17-2008, 11:12 AM
I think it has to do with the records.
Jazz: 54-28
Houston: 55-27

Your right it does have to do with the w/l record, the Jazz get the fourth seed for wining the NW division.

I think that the Jazz may have laid down and lost on purpose last night just so they wouldn't have to play the Spurs in the first round because they know they can't beat them. So lets just hope somebody else takes them out before we have to play them.

GO JAZZ!!!

accadacca
04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

"Let's be honest: They're Mormon, and they're in Salt Lake, and there's nothing else there. You gotta smile and be happy all the time. This might be one opportunity for fans to get vicious." ESPN's Ric Bucher

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=3100924

Iceaxe
04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
I think that the Jazz may have laid down and lost on purpose last night just so they wouldn't have to play the Spurs

I don't think you will ever see a Salon coached team lay down intentionally....

:cool2:

rockgremlin
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't think you will ever see a Salon coached team lay down intentionally....

:cool2:

Unless its for bleaching or eyebrow waxing.... :roflol: