PDA

View Full Version : Error Messages

rockgremlin
04-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Running kinda sluggish lately. Today I got one of these:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (61) in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

RugerShooter
04-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Got this one to
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (61) in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Iceaxe
04-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Bogley appears to be sick today.

:puke8:

theking648
04-16-2008, 11:26 AM
it's a mySQL error it looks like the mySQL server went down for a sec.

but obviously it's working now since i can post and read posts

Redpb
04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Appears to be sumtin wrong with your mysql... you should have that looked at.

Deathcricket
04-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah got a similar message, figured it was my network Nazi's cracking down on me screwing around (at work) all day.

Alex
04-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah got a similar message, figured it was my network Nazi's cracking down on me screwing around (at work) all day.

Na, the problem is between a webserver (PHP) and an internal mysql box (database). usually you host those on different boxes, but if the mysql box crashes your site goes bye bye and you get the connection failure error on your php box (webserver). Nothing to do with your external browsing.

Not sure why I went into all that explanation, but there you have it :2thumbs:

theking648
04-16-2008, 01:12 PM

Na, the problem is between a webserver (PHP) and an internal mysql box (database). usually you host those on different boxes, but if the mysql box crashes your site goes bye bye and you get the connection failure error on your php box (webserver). Nothing to do with your external browsing.

Not sure why I went into all that explanation, but there you have it :2thumbs:

wow i was about to type that same thing :2thumbs:

Alex
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Heheh, hosting around 80 virtual sites here, so whenever my mysql crashes I sure hear it before my alarms go off! :lol8:

rockgremlin
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Sombeech
04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah, the database got the Jimmy Legs there for a bit this morning. It's not something that should recur anytime soon.