PDA

View Full Version : Bronchitis I Wish

JP
04-10-2008, 07:15 AM
So, like Savannah, I have been battling this bronchitis for a month or so. They've thrown me on all types of antibiotics. My breathing has not gotten any better, but worse. The shortness of breath was getting to the point to where I was winded just getting dressed. Off to the hospital I go the other night, CHF (Congested Heart Failure) Test, test, test and off I go for some more as I'm trying to finish this :haha: Be back later :haha:

denaliguide
04-10-2008, 07:25 AM
hope you are feeling better soon!

Mooseman70
04-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Doh. Congestive heart failure? That ain't good. Does that mean an early retirement?

JP
04-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Looking that way, we have a heart/hype clause here, lucky for me. They're pulling their hair out here, I don't smoke, nor really drink and I'm kind of outside that box.
Their thinking on the side of a virus :ne_nau:

savanna3313
04-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Looking that way, we have a heart/hype clause here, lucky for me. They're pulling their hair out here, I don't smoke, nor really drink and I'm kind of outside that box.
Their thinking on the side of a virus :ne_nau:

Good luck to you! I hope you're feeling better soon. I know I waited a long time before finally going in (thinking that I would just get better on my own). I kept being asked if I'd been a heavy smoker at some time in my life, and the answer is no - I never smoked. However, I did share my office with a business partner for nearly 15 yrs who smoked heavily! When all was said and done I was told I had double pneumonia and stayed hooked up to antibiotic IV's and oxygen for 5 days. :roll: I'm better now. :nod:

accadacca
04-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Good luck dood. Sucks. Wish you luck. Keep us posted.

sparker1
04-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Hope you're better soon, pal. The hospitals can sometimes help, if they don't kill you. (The CHF diagnosis is probably standard. That way, if they kill you, there is an established COD. :roll: )

JP
04-13-2008, 06:43 AM
there is an established COD
:lol8:

They're still testing me :mrgreen: The amount of tests I have had over the last five days are crazy :haha:

savanna3313
04-13-2008, 11:49 AM
there is an established COD
:lol8:

They're still testing me :mrgreen: The amount of tests I have had over the last five days are crazy :haha:

You're still in the hospital? Poor thing! Make them found out what's wrong so you can start getting better!!! :nod:

Mooseman70
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Sorry to hear that, brother. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that you heal up soon.

Kicking it in the hospital is NOT fun. Went through that for a bit back in 2002 for a low back injury. Those Demorol shots hurt almost as much as my friggin' back did. HA! Go figure.

Get well, JP!

Alex
04-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Get well JP, keep us posted on the progress

tanya
04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Get Well Soon! :nod:

Sombeech
04-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Get better, man. It sucks being down.

JP
04-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks all for your warm replies, that in itself makes me feel better. I was supposed to have a lymphoid removed today, but they say my blood is just a tad thin for an operation, so they're going to thicken me up a bit for later today or tomorrow. Outside of that, the heart is weak and the meds they're pumping into me will hopefully make it stronger, they don't see why it won't. They're still puzzled as to why this would have happened at all and again are starting to lean towards something viral. There is no heart disease in my family, lucky me :mrgreen:

sparker1
04-14-2008, 06:53 PM
they're going to thicken me up a bit

Will it help if we all swear you are already thick enough?

RugerShooter
04-14-2008, 07:50 PM
get well soon man

abirken
04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
good grief! Where have I been? I had no idea. :mrgreen: Man JP get better soon. Such a bummer you aren't feeling all that hot. Take care of yourself!!

Rev. Coyote
04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Damn, Bubba!! I'll keep you in the light. I hope all goes well. We still need to meet up for that beer! We'll drink stout, it's good for the heart.

LOAH
04-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry you're afflicted. :sad: You can't very well fish for smallies (I remember they're your fav) from a quack bed.

I wish you well. Good luck.

Felicia
04-22-2008, 01:19 PM
How are you JP? Are you feeling better?

JP
04-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks all :2thumbs: I just got home, taking it easy for the adjustment meds thingy. They still have no idea why this happened to me, it might just have been some type of viral attack. Things that cause this is just about all ruled out, heart biopsy - neg, smoking related - ruled out, alcohol - ruled out, high blood pressure - neg, diabetes - neg, cholesterol - ruled out, sex transmitted diseases - neg, every test that leads to this, healthy, nada. I have just a few more to take, but it seems I'm a mystery to them. Little tired now, I'll elaborate more later. Again, thanks everyone!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

sparker1
04-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Glad to hear there is some improvement, JP. Hopefully, you will recover fully real soon. Too bad they ruled out STd's. At least you would have some fun to regret. :naughty:

RugerShooter
04-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Sounds like you need to get Dr. House on the case.
Glad your doing better. :2thumbs: