PDA

View Full Version : La Paz (Mexico) TR

Deathcricket
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
La Paz Mexico

So fishing in La Paz is quite different than anything I

packfish
04-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Those on an 8 to 10 wt flyrod would have been incredible. Still great no matter how you caught them though. Jealous big time.

Alex
04-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Hey thanks for such a great TR and pics, I might take your offer up and take my dad down there. :2thumbs:

Deathcricket
04-10-2008, 05:22 PM
packfish: that would have been insane man! I had enough trouble holding on as is. I learned real quick to put my hand high on the shaft for leverage. Quite the workout.

Alex: I hope you and your dad get a chance. I could not believe how much fun it was catching fish that big all day. I would have been happy with just one or 2, to be honest.

Oh yeah here is a pic I forgot to post. It's a close up of kurt's torro fish. We dubbed it sexyfish cause it had such nice curves. I hear the meat's only mediocre but havent sampled it yet to say from experience.

Also going to try and make some sushi this weekend from the batch. If anyone has some "tips" I would appreciate it. Figured I would just thaw it out in the fridge and download a recipe for sushi rice. Then use that with some seaweed to roll with avocados? Anyways never done it before so advice is always welcomed.

LOAH
04-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Great trip! That's a great deal too!

I don't think that's a 'cuda, but it looks really pretty and it's got a mean grill.

I'm green with envy. :mrgreen:

chickenlicken
04-10-2008, 08:31 PM
That looks like a great trip, you make me want to hit some warmer weather and hook up on some large fish. Thanks for posting. :hail2thechief:

packfish
04-11-2008, 06:59 AM
That's a Big Jack of some sort- when I go see my bro in Florida we pick up 5 to 6# on a fly rod and your arm aches. I can imagine how one that size fights.

denaliguide
04-11-2008, 08:08 AM
two words. NICE FISH!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Alex
04-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Dude, you should take your fish to a sushi chef and have them prepare sushi for you. I can recommend my guy if you like. His name is Kao he works in Jasmine on 47th south and highland. That guy makes some MEAN sushi

accadacca
04-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Hard core dood! I really enjoyed your report man. :rockon:

Deathcricket
04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Dude, you should take your fish to a sushi chef and have them prepare sushi for you. I can recommend my guy if you like. His name is Kao he works in Jasmine on 47th south and highland. That guy makes some MEAN sushi

Whoa sorry late reply bro. I would have totally took you up on that except I'm like 3 hours away in Cedar city/St George area. Otherwise heck ya!

Sad news guys I've almost exhausted my supply of fish. :( I've only got about 10 pounds left, maybe. Even after being frozen/shipped on a plane/thawed/ prepared/ eaten 2-3 weeks later., It's still amazingly good. Here is a pic of some seviche. Basically it's raw but you let the lemon do the cooking for you. I should have got a pic before we started tearing into it, but there was 2 plates and this was the 2nd and already half gone. :P It was really really good though, I highly recommend if you havent tried.

I say its time for a 2nd trip to get some refills? woohoo! Sadly I've used all my vacation time up, and can just dream on....

I've been checking his fish report ( http://fishermensfleet.com/Current%20fish.html ) just to plan on when I go next year and he updates it pretty much every week or every other week. And I keep seeing them knock em dead. I will attach another pic they put up last week. Looks like it's getting even better (like that was even possible) now that it's getting warmer. I see they even managed to land some of those crazy looking red fish if you look at the bottom of the pic. We should plan a Bogley trip out there!??!!!

P.S. LOAH - I did do a little more research and you are right, it wasn't a cuda, it's called a Sierra. At least I think, I'm pretty much just looking and internet pics, but looks really close? They are really tasty also.

abirken
04-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Man..........that ceviche above with some lime and homemade corn tortilla chips = heaven. YUMMY YUMMY!!!!! :2thumbs: