PDA

View Full Version : Women Lie More, Better Than Men and lie about EVERYTHING

tanya
04-09-2008, 09:58 AM
.... I told you guys women are evil :twisted:

Women lie more frequently than men, and they're much more clever about it and talented at it, to boot, a new book concludes.

In "Little White Lies, Deep Dark Secrets: The Truth About Women and Deception," Susan Shapiro Barash cites an online survey of 500 women in asserting that females fib about everything from love, to money, to plastic surgery.

Women are also much more prone to telling "little white lies" to try to keep from hurting someone's feelings, Barash contends.

On The Early Show Tuesday, CBS News correspondent Bianca Solorzano explored the topic, and co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez chatted about it with actress and comedian Nancy Giles, who's a contributor on CBS News Sunday Morning and Dr. Jennifer Hartstein, a clinical psychologist in New York City.

Solorzano says the book "takes an honest look at why women lie," seeking "some truth about dishonesty." Some 75 percent of the women who responded to the survey said they lie at work to keep their job. Half admitted lying about how much they like being a mother. And 75 percent fessed up to half-truths about shopping (telling their husbands they spent less than they really did).

Hartstein says, "It's really a social thing. We don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. We don't want to put anybody down. So, we really work very hard to keep the peace, keep it easy, be nice, be cordial. But you can just say, 'Oh, it's great,' and walk away, or you don't have to say anything at all, because silence is golden sometimes!"

Giles kidded that, "In many ways, we sort of have to (lie). It's part of our DNA -- just to manage, to keep our lives in balance. If you told the truth all the time, you'd be exhausted!"

What do you think? Is she right?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/04/earlyshow/living/relationships/main3903159.shtml

Iceaxe
04-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Women Lie More, Better Than Men and lie about EVERYTHING

Gosh.... that's not news to us men.... we've known that for a long time.

:nod:

greyhair biker
04-09-2008, 10:14 AM

:nod: :five: ....laugh girls...we know....really....mostly we dont care as long as we get some :naughty:

savanna3313
04-09-2008, 01:19 PM

Yep......we lie about lots of stuff......"Oh yeah baby....you were great!" and "it really is the biggest one I've ever seen!"

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

packfish
04-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Must have gotten in late - was there something beside the avatar there- not lying .

greyhair biker
04-09-2008, 01:42 PM
tanya must have just changed it 'cause my brain just forgot what else this thread was about... :slobber: :giveit: :lol8:

rockgremlin
04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I just lost all train of thought...<wiping drool from chin>

Iceaxe
04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Yep......we lie about lots of stuff......"Oh yeah baby....you were great!" and "it really is the biggest one I've ever seen!"

Don't forget.... "Yes, you are my first". "oh, you are such a good driver", "he's just a friend", "No, I'm not married", "Im just big boned".

:five:

savanna3313
04-09-2008, 01:53 PM

Don't forget.... "Yes, you are my first". "oh, you are such a good driver", "he's just a friend", "No, I'm not married", "Im just big boned".

Wow.....you are good. :2thumbs: Guess you really have heard them all. :haha:

:popcorn:

Iceaxe
04-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Guess you really have heard them all. :haha:

Unfortunately..... more then once....

"yes, I'm 18"... "my parents will not be home for hours".... "no, I won't tell mom".... oops... did I say that out loud?

R
04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Let me be blunt about lying: we are too old for that sh!t and have much bigger, smellier fish to fry.

tanya
04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah Carp :roll:

Iceaxe
04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Let me be blunt about lying: we are too old for that sh!t and have much bigger, smellier fish to fry.

+++cough+++bullshit+++cough+++

:blxsuspicious:

tanya
04-11-2008, 05:39 PM