PDA

View Full Version : Got any old kids bikes?

TreeHugger
04-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Our school is in need of kids bikes. We are doing a 3 day bike tour in May and a lot of our kids dont have a bike. The SLC bicycle collective is helping us get some, but if anyone has an old bike sitting in their garage collecting dust and you would like to donate it (think tax write-off), we'd love to have it.

Contact me by PM, we'll arrange for someone to come pick them up as well.

Thanks!
Karen

greyhair biker
04-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I'll keep my eyes open for some but I bet Fourtycal would see some before i do - he's always looking for bikes :popcorn:

Gixxer
04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
what ages? and where are you?
we have a little bike that my daughter rode when she was like 6 or 7...it is just sitting against a tree collecting rust

TreeHugger
04-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Salt Lake area - the school in is Kearns.
The kids are 6th grade, so that's, what... 11? Some are pretty small kids though. Do you think it will be big enough?

Thanks for thinking of us!

greyhair biker
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
small world - my wifes side all grew up out in Kearns - went to Western Hills and So. Kearns Elem. ....Kearns Jr. - Kearns HS....Asay Family :ne_nau:

Gixxer
04-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Salt Lake area - the school in is Kearns.
The kids are 6th grade, so that's, what... 11? Some are pretty small kids though. Do you think it will be big enough?

Thanks for thinking of us!

nope, my daughter is 11, way too small for her or her friends
sorry

TreeHugger
04-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks, anyway!

GB - we are a new charter school, only our second year, so you're proably not aware of us! We're an Outward Bound Expeditionary Learning school. www.elob.org for more info on that.

Our website is: www.entheosel.org