PDA

View Full Version : Oh Savannah

sparker1
04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Savannah, GA is the epitome of southern charm and ante-bellum grandeur. When Sherman made his "march to the sea", Savannah was the end point. Sherman presented the town to President Lincoln as a Christmas gift. Maybe that's why the town was not burned, which had been Atlanta's fate. Now, Savannah is a great tourist destination and still has a large, significant port operation.

kris
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Do you know the area well?

My wife and I will be spending this Sunday and Monday there doing some sightseeing. Then its off to Asheville, and then Nashville, on up to the Black Hills.

sparker1
04-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Do you know the area well?

My wife and I will be spending this Sunday and Monday there doing some sightseeing. Then its off to Asheville, and then Nashville, on up to the Black Hills.

I've been here a couple times, but that's probably a superficial knowledge. For a quickie visit to Savannah, grab one of the tours and make the full loop through the historic district. Most of them allow you to get off and on all day. Other than the historic area, there are a couple historic forts (Pulaski may be the best). About 20 miles east of town is Tybee Island, with beach, lighthouse and decent seafood restaurants. Hilton Head Island and Beaufort, SC are close enough for day trips.

Any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to get answers.

savanna3313
04-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I love Savannah! Beautiful city, great food and wonderful people. Great shots of Hilton Head as well. Are you heading up to Myrtle Beach?

:popcorn:

sparker1
04-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I love Savannah! Beautiful city, great food and wonderful people. Great shots of Hilton Head as well. Are you heading up to Myrtle Beach?

:popcorn:

Thanks, Darling. We'll go as far as Charleston (another beautiful city) before turning inland and visiting some of the SC and GA mountains.

JP
04-03-2008, 08:34 PM
The Weather Fairy has been with you so far :2thumbs: :roflol:

greyhair biker
04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh crap - I thought something had happened to Savannah....thats why I opened this thread. Glad to see you're ok woman :lol8:

savanna3313
04-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh crap - I thought something had happened to Savannah....thats why I opened this thread. Glad to see you're ok woman :lol8:

I'm alive and (somewhat) well and doing a lot better, but I did spend 5 days in the hospital w/double pneumonia a couple of weeks back. It pretty much kicked my butt! :bootyshake: I'm ready for winter to be finished!! :2thumbs:

sparker1
04-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Glad I could get you two together. :naughty:

offpiste
04-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Was there last summer had a blast. Did you do a ghost tour? We had so much fun. Great food.

sparker1
04-07-2008, 04:53 AM
Was there last summer had a blast. Did you do a ghost tour? We had so much fun. Great food.

No ghost tour for us here. Have done them in other places.

DiscGo
04-07-2008, 06:22 AM
I had no idea Savannah was so beautiful. Thanks for posting.